http://www.yahoo.com/s/843575

:mad:

piratebg
03-27-2008, 02:28 PM
It was bound to happen eventually Phil.

BuffyMars
03-27-2008, 02:28 PM
wow. we have reached a new low.

I will be mega-pissed if my boy Marion has to cut his. He's been growing it out soooo long. :(

pirate4state
03-27-2008, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
wow. we have reached a new low.

I will be mega-pissed if my boy Marion has to cut his. He's been growing it out soooo long. :(

they don't have to cut it, just tuck it

Sweetwater Red
03-27-2008, 02:31 PM
It's for safety reasons.:rolleyes:

BuffyMars
03-27-2008, 02:32 PM
its not like they don't know the risk coming in.

this is STUPID!!! :mad:

people need to seriously lighten up and accept the fact that this world would be incredibly boring if we were all white with short hair. :mad: :mad:

:foul:I HATE CLOSED-MINDEDNESS!!!!!! :foul:

crzyjournalist03
03-27-2008, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
It's for safety reasons.:rolleyes:

I thought that everybody knew that the length of a man's hair is inversely proportional to the likelihood that that man will pull out a gun and shoot somebody! :evilgrin:

BwdLions
03-27-2008, 02:33 PM
This is great news as far as I'm concerned. It looks ridiculous.

AP Panther Fan
03-27-2008, 02:34 PM
:rolleyes:

I am going to be ticked too if Marion has to cut his. What? This type of tackle has happened once? I don't like tucking it either, I want to see it.

:mad:

crzyjournalist03
03-27-2008, 02:35 PM
In all seriousness, I've had several jobs that have required hair cuts to conform to a company policy. This really shouldn't be a big deal.

BuffyMars
03-27-2008, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
In all seriousness, I've had several jobs that have required hair cuts to conform to a company policy. This really shouldn't be a big deal.

but i find that ridiculous as well! :mad: :mad:

piratebg
03-27-2008, 02:36 PM
Wasn't it last year or the year before when the league decided that if your hair was too long that it would be considered part of the uniform/jersey. That made pulling the hair fair game.

pirate4state
03-27-2008, 02:37 PM
In all seriousness, I've had several jobs that have required hair cuts to conform to a company policy. This really shouldn't be a big deal. I agree. It's a "non issue" for me. The NFL is a business. If they want their employees to tuck their hair in, then tuck your hair in or find another job.

BuffyMars
03-27-2008, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Wasn't it last year or the year before when the league decided that if your hair was too long that it would be considered part of the uniform/jersey. That made pulling the hair fair game.

which it should be! :mad: :mad:

i should be working. but this just ticks me off....mostly because i hate conformity.

I'M A NON-CONFORMIST HIPPIE!!!!!!!!! :foul: :smoker: :foul:

AP Panther Fan
03-27-2008, 02:39 PM

that is true and I am sure there are "millions" of reasons that I should remember this is a job and not just a sport...

jason
i think it looks tacky, would you want a guy with troy palomaoulouloulas hair showing up to your office for a job interview??

know, you would call security....

the way employees dress themselves is a representation of the company they are working for.....

the nfl is already a league full of thugs, they are just trying to clean up their image...

just like when the nba enforced the pre-game and on-the-bench dress codes...

crzyjournalist03
but i find that ridiculous as well! :mad: :mad:

Why? If I want that particular job and want that company to pay me for work, I'm going to have to do it on their terms. If they want me to wear a black polo and khakis every day, that's what I wear. If they want my hair above my collar, that's the way I keep it.

Holding and maintaining a job is a privilege, not a right. If a person doesn't want to comply with a certain company's policy, then there are plenty of less "desirable" jobs out there that they can take, still make a decent living, and wear their hair however the heck they want.

pirate4state
03-27-2008, 02:40 PM
which it should be! :mad: :mad:

i should be working. but this just ticks me off....mostly because i hate conformity.

I'M A NON-CONFORMIST HIPPIE!!!!!!!!! :foul: :smoker: :foul:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It's not that big of a deal!

BuffyMars
03-27-2008, 02:42 PM
Why? If I want that particular job and want that company to pay me for work, I'm going to have to do it on their terms. If they want me to wear a black polo and khakis every day, that's what I wear. If they want my hair above my collar, that's the way I keep it.

Holding and maintaining a job is a privilege, not a right. If a person doesn't want to comply with a certain company's policy, then there are plenty of less "desirable" jobs out there that they can take, still make a decent living, and wear their hair however the heck they want.

i just hate how people and companies included discriminate against how a person looks or dresses.

who cares?!

whose business is it except for that person's?

jason
03-27-2008, 02:46 PM
i just hate how people and companies included discriminate against how a person looks or dresses.

who cares?!

whose business is it except for that person's? when that person is a representative of the company they work for, then it is the companies business...

if you ran a company, would you want some hippie thug working with your customers or somebody who has a clean cut look and wears a shirt and tie to work???

pirate4state
03-27-2008, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by jason
when that person is a representative of the company they work for, then it is the companies business...

if you ran a company, would you want some hippie thug working with your customers or somebody who has a clean cut look and wears a shirt and tie to work???

exactly...

BuffyMars
03-27-2008, 02:49 PM
when that person is a representative of the company they work for, then it is the companies business...

everybody can disagree with my opinion all they want.

but i strongly defend where i stand. and i could care less about a person's appearance in the work place.

all i care about is job performance.

because you can be a raging alcoholic and still wear a business suit. and you can also be a scraggly looking jamaican man for all i care, but you don't let your extracurricular activities interfere with your job performance.

piratebg
03-27-2008, 02:50 PM
everybody can disagree with my opinion all they want.

but i strongly defend where i stand. and i could care less about a person's appearance in the work place.

all i care about is job performance.

because you can be a raging alcoholic and still wear a business suit. and you can also be a scraggly looking jamaican man for all i care, but you don't let your extracurricular activities interfere with your job performance.

So can I work hard for you and be naked at the same time?

Ranger Mom
03-27-2008, 02:50 PM

who cares?!

whose business is it except for that person's?

Both my sons work on rigs. I'm not real sure about their hair length (and it's a non-issue, because both wear theirs short anyway)...but they DO have to be clean shaven.

If they hit H2S gas, they want to make sure their masks won't have leaks because of facial hair.

If something like this is done for "safety reasons", I don't have a problem with it. If it's done "just cause" then that's where I have problems with it.

BuffyMars
03-27-2008, 02:51 PM
So can I work hard for you and be naked at the same time?

more power to you!!! :clap: :clap:

can ya at least put some cream on the warts? :tongue:

piratebg
03-27-2008, 02:52 PM
more power to you!!! :clap: :clap:

Only if you put some on yours. :p

BuffyMars
03-27-2008, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Both my son's work on rigs. I'm not real sure about their hair length (and it's a non-issue, because both wear theirs short anyway)...but they DO have to be clean shaven.

If they hit H2S gas, they want to make sure their masks won't have leaks because of facial hair.

If something like this is done for "safety reasons", I don't have a problem with it. If it's done "just cause" then that's where I have problems with it.

for safety reasons, i can agree with you there.

but when people are conforming just to cpmplete an "image"....it just annoys me to no end.

jason
03-27-2008, 02:53 PM

or yall could rub it on each other :D

BuffyMars
03-27-2008, 02:53 PM

who said i would be naked?

i might just wear one of those loin cloths.

piratebg
03-27-2008, 02:54 PM
who said i would be naked?

i might just wear one of those loin cloths.

Cool. I love tatters. :D

piratebg
03-27-2008, 02:55 PM
or yall could rub it on each other :D

Thats what started this whole mess. :D

ToroChingon
03-27-2008, 03:01 PM
If it is MY company then I am the ONLY one who decides what MY company dress code will be. If YOU don't like it then YOU can get the H3LL out! SIMPLE ENOUGH FOR YOU?

I wouldn't have any thug-butt or hippie working for me. Of course, many would allow it. That is just another sign of the decay of our society.

The decline of the Empire is in full swing.

LH Panther Mom
03-27-2008, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by ToroChingon
If it is MY company then I am the ONLY one who decides what MY company dress code will be. If YOU don't like it then YOU can get the H3LL out! SIMPLE ENOUGH FOR YOU?

I'm right there with you!

And I personally don't care if someone has long hair or not as long as it is clean. But, if I make the rules on what dress code will be, then if you want to work for me, you can follow.

nobogey72
03-27-2008, 04:24 PM

I wouldn't have any thug-butt or hippie working for me. Of course, many would allow it. That is just another sign of the decay of our society.

The decline of the Empire is in full swing.

Question: What if the long-haired hippie freak were making you a butt-load of money? What would your opinion of his looks be to you then?

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Diocletian
03-27-2008, 06:37 PM
when i played you had to cut your hair or wear it in a hair net... the rule was already in place, i'm not sure why this is a big deal it's obviously there to protect the NFL from having to say things like "yes tackling by the hair is legal per rulebook"

lol

Emerson1
03-27-2008, 06:40 PM
Good, i can't stand looking at MBIII with his face pressed up against the face mask

AP Panther Fan
03-27-2008, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Good, i can't stand looking at MBIII with his face pressed up against the face mask

I had to log back in just to say....:mad: :foul: :foul:

I'll deal with you later! :D

ToroChingon
03-28-2008, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Question: What if the long-haired hippie freak were making you a butt-load of money? What would your opinion of his looks be to you then?

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Money isn't everything.

Besides, I would be able to find somebody with class to do the same. The long-hair can go make somebody else a butt-load of money.

Txbroadcaster
03-28-2008, 06:34 AM
Money isn't everything.

Besides, I would be able to find somebody with class to do the same. The long-hair can go make somebody else a butt-load of money.

So now it is a class thing? You only have class if you have short hair?

nobogey72
03-28-2008, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

dam TB you beat me to it!!!:mad:

themsu97
03-28-2008, 06:50 AM
yes, long, unkempt hair looks unclassy...

have any of you ever heard of the New York Yankees? or the Cincinnati Reds? those teams have rules in place on how a person can wear the hair and rules on facial hair... remember Johnny Damon?
this is nothing new... plus, the athletes adhere to certain restrictions all the time... they have rules in high school and college as far as hair goes most of the time...

plus an employer has the right to tell and employee how to look... did not David Stern implement a dress code for travel in the NBA?

Ranger Mom
03-28-2008, 08:54 AM
I don't think having long hair makes you "unclassy!"...but that is just my opinion.

My step-brother spent 22 years in the military. He retired 3 or 4 years ago and hasn't cut his hair since he got out. He said he spent years having "higher ups" telling him his hair was getting too long, too shaggy, etc. and he swore when he was out of the military, he would never have a job where someone told him to get his hair cut.

He works for Warren Cat now and told them in the initial interview his feelings on that. They told him they weren't hiring him for his hair but because he was extremely qualified.

So...now he is making lots of money and wears his hair in nice neat pony tail.

My "sister" opinion....he needs to cut it off....it is too thin and too stringy to look good!!:D :D

BuffyMars
03-28-2008, 08:58 AM
I don't think having long hair makes you "unclassy!"...but that is just my opinion.

My step-brother spent 22 years in the military. He retired 3 or 4 years ago and hasn't cut his hair since he got out. He said he spent years having "higher ups" telling him his hair was getting too long, too shaggy, etc. and he swore when he was out of the military, he would never have a job where someone told him to get his hair cut.

He works for Warren Cat now and told them in the initial interview his feelings on that. They told him they weren't hiring him for his hair but because he was extremely qualified.

So...now he is making lots of money and wears his hair in nice neat pony tail.

My "sister" opinion....he needs to cut it off....it is too thin and too stringy to look good!!:D :D

hey good for him! :clap: :clap:

that is what it should be about. i think people miscontrued what i was saying. but who cares...he was QUALIFIED. period. his look should not discredit him in any way shape or form.

ToroChingon
03-28-2008, 09:14 AM
But he is NOT QUALIFIED for any company which requires short hair on its male employees.

ToroChingon
03-28-2008, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

Ummm, Yes. Give TxB a Prize!

Long hair is SCUZZY! You can keep your long-haired butt OUT of my place of business.

LH Panther Mom
03-28-2008, 09:18 AM
But he is NOT QUALIFIED for any company which requires short hair on its male employees.
Exactly! The employer (whoever it is) gets to decide the dress code. The employee (or potential) gets to decide if they want to work there and abide by said dress code, if given the opportunity.

I personally (if I owned a company lol) would prefer a male with long clean, well-kept hair than someone with short, nasty hair, DEPENDING on what my pretend business was. If it was an "image is everything" type of business where stereotypes can make/break me, then neither one has a shot. ;)

Ranger Mom
03-28-2008, 09:27 AM

Exactly!! Which is why he stipulated he would not cut his hair for the job....he let them know that up front!!

BuffyMars
03-28-2008, 10:26 AM

Long hair is SCUZZY! You can keep your long-haired butt OUT of my place of business.

YOUR OPINION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: yours isn't the only one in the world.

mustang04
03-28-2008, 10:41 AM
Alot of problems arise from employers' pride....they would rather fire the guy who refuses to cut his hair, even if he is one of their best employees....i'm sorry, but clean cut doesn't necessarily mean it was to be short...i've seen guys with long hair that looked more well kept that alot with short hair

and toro, judging someone by their hair and labeling them is the same as doing it about someone's skin color.... i know i know "you can't help your skin color", but the fact of the matter is that in both cases judgements are being made on appearance alone...hell, i bet if you were a boss you'd want all your employees to have blonde hair and blue eyes as well, considering that is the more appealing hair/eye combination accoding to most people

mustang04
03-28-2008, 10:42 AM
now there are some jobs that forbid long hair because of safety....WHOOOOLE different storry

Ranger Mom
03-28-2008, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
Alot of problems arise from employers' pride....they would rather fire the guy who refuses to cut his hair, even if he is one of their best employees....i'm sorry, but clean cut doesn't necessarily mean it was to be short...i've seen guys with long hair that looked more well kept that alot with short hair

and toro, judging someone by their hair and labeling them is the same as doing it about someone's skin color.... i know i know "you can't help your skin color", but the fact of the matter is that in both cases judgements are being made on appearance alone...hell, i bet if you were a boss you'd want all your employees to have blonde hair and blue eyes as well, considering that is the more appealing hair/eye combination accoding to most people

I don't know if I agree with that 100%. I'm not a big tattoo person (and all 4 of my boys have at least one.)

But I know for myself, I find an overabundance of them distracting. And even if it's never been said, I know that my company would never hire someone that was all tatted up, no matter the qualifications.

The way you look still goes a long way in today's society.

Sweetwater Red
03-28-2008, 10:46 AM

Long hair ain't scuzzy! I have visual proof!:thinking:

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/joedirt.jpg

pancho villa
03-28-2008, 10:48 AM
I say women should quit shaving their legs and armpits. That would be HOT.

mustang04
03-28-2008, 10:48 AM

The way you look still goes a long way in today's society.

I agree completely...but you honestly can't say that some customers still don't have racism towards black employees, just like some are against employees with long hair....everybody has their judgements about everybody, and thats what's wrong with this country, we are too concerned with appearance and what some may think instead of using the best personel for the job for better progress....i've met alot more a-holes who weren't tatted up than ppl who are tatted up

Ranger Mom
03-28-2008, 11:01 AM
I agree completely...but you honestly can't say that some customers still don't have racism towards black employees, just like some are against employees with long hair....everybody has their judgements about everybody, and thats what's wrong with this country, we are too concerned with appearance and what some may think instead of using the best personel for the job for better progress....i've met alot more a-holes who weren't tatted up than ppl who are tatted up

Oh, I agree!! I don't consider myself a racist....but I probably AM judgmental, and I will be the first to admit it. It's not something I am proud of....but something I don't know how to get past either.

I'm not saying I would go as far as to be rude to someone that was tatted up....but for example, on American Idol...Carly is probably one of the better singers. She has that big ugly tattoo on that arm that I think is just nasty. I probably don't like her as well as I would if she didn't have it!!

On the other hand, I have cousin who is tatted up. In fact, my kids have always called him "Tattoo Steve"...and he's as cool as he can be....Eyebrow piercing and all!!:D :D

crzyjournalist03
03-28-2008, 11:07 AM

It's not what's wrong with our country in particular...it's that way everywhere in the world.

Sweetwater Red
03-28-2008, 11:12 AM
Oh, I agree!! I don't consider myself a racist....but I probably AM judgmental, and I will be the first to admit it. It's not something I am proud of....but something I don't know how to get past either.

I'm not saying I would go as far as to be rude to someone that was tatted up....but for example, on American Idol...Carly is probably one of the better singers. She has that big ugly tattoo on that arm that I think is just nasty. I probably don't like her as well as I would if she didn't have it!!

On the other hand, I have cousin who is tatted up. In fact, my kids have always called him "Tattoo Steve"...and he's as cool as he can be....Eyebrow piercing and all!!:D :D

Does he look like this?:thinking: :smoker: :D

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/wk02_9.jpg

Ranger Mom
03-28-2008, 11:17 AM
Does he look like this?:thinking: :smoker: :D

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/wk02_9.jpg

No...his isn't a hoop. It's a stud...in fact, it looks more like a horn!!

He brought his new wife down to meet the family at Christmas! Thinking back to his first wife, who was more than a little scary....I was kinda nervous.

His new wife was just as normal as normal can be....in fact, she probably thought his whole entire boisterous family were the weird ones!! LOL

Not really...it seemed like she had been in our family forever though!! She is "one of us!":eek: :eek:

ToroChingon
03-28-2008, 11:30 AM
...hell, i bet if you were a boss you'd want all your employees to have blonde hair and blue eyes as well

Why would I want a bunch of IDIOTS working for me?

If you think I prefer Blondes with blue eyes you have no clue about me.

Me gustan las Latinas!

Sweetwater Red
03-28-2008, 11:33 AM

Me gustan las Latinas!

If you go deep enough into Mexico you'll find Latinas with Blonde
hair and Blue or green eyes.:inlove:

ToroChingon
03-28-2008, 11:37 AM
If you go deep enough into Mexico you'll find Latinas with Blonde
hair and Blue or green eyes.:inlove:

Urban Myth. Peroxide and Contacts. Lived all over Mexico.

Sweetwater Red
03-28-2008, 11:40 AM
Urban Myth. Peroxide and Contacts. Lived all over Mexico.

Then where were those women from that I used to watch
every Saturday afternoon on Univision's "Caliente"?:confused:

Sweetwater Red
03-28-2008, 11:49 AM
Then where were those women from that I used to watch
every Saturday afternoon on Univision's "Caliente"?:confused:

I nevermind. I just realized you already answered that.:doh: