PDA

View Full Version : UT Spring Game will be live on FSN Southwest!

PHS Wildcats
03-26-2008, 09:04 PM
and will be on XM Radio 241.

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=40&url_article_id=3735&change_well_id=2

03/26/2008

XM satellite radio to carry 2008 Texas Football Orange-White Game

In addition to the 2008 Texas Football Orange-White Game being shown live on Fox Sports Southwest and being broadcast live on KVET-AM, Longhorn fans across the country and around the world will be able to listen to all the action via XM satellite radio.

“I think it is really exciting that XM Radio will be carrying the spring game nationally,” said Texas head coach Mack Brown. “This gives our fans across the country who don’t have the opportunity to make it to Austin for the game a chance to listen to the broadcast and enjoy some Longhorns football on Saturday afternoon.”

The annual spring game, which kicks off at noon on Saturday, March 29, can be heard on XM Ch. 241, which is the same station all Longhorns football games are broadcast on. XM will carry the KVET-AM broadcast with Craig Way and Keith Moreland on the call and Roger Wallace on the sidelines.

Old Tiger
03-26-2008, 09:07 PM
I'm actually going to go there....anyone else from the downlow going to attend the UT spring game?

coach
03-26-2008, 09:29 PM
u could have a meet and greet

Emerson1
03-26-2008, 09:43 PM
I wish there was another regional sports channel. FSN is so crappy.

PHS Wildcats
03-26-2008, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I'm actually going to go there....anyone else from the downlow going to attend the UT spring game?

I'm acually going to be there. I'm going to the BBall game friday night. Bought s tickets on ebay. Then drive up to the game Sat morning.

zebrablue2
03-26-2008, 10:04 PM

are you going to wear one of your UT shirts? I hear you own a few..

Old Tiger
03-26-2008, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
are you going to wear one of your UT shirts? I hear you own a few.. I might....but I'm bringing a change of clothes because I'm going to a party later that night if you must know.

buff4life
03-26-2008, 10:09 PM
I might....but I'm bringing a change of clothes because I'm going to a party later that night if you must know.

Round Up weekend this weekend, be prepared to have a crap load of fun...all parties are open to you

JHS_c/o_06'
03-26-2008, 10:32 PM
It's going to be live.....IN MY EYES.

I love this school.

KTJ
03-27-2008, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
I'm acually going to be there. I'm going to the BBall game friday night. Bought s tickets on ebay. Then drive up to the game Sat morning.

Be careful as I know a ton of people are planning on doing this.

zebrablue2
03-27-2008, 07:57 AM
I might....but I'm bringing a change of clothes because I'm going to a party later that night if you must know.

not a must know LOL. be safe and have a blast...

Phil C
03-27-2008, 11:03 AM
GO HORNS! :clap:

Adidas410s
03-27-2008, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
If anybody makes that drive in under 3 hours on Saturday I'll be surprised.

BreckTxLonghorn
03-27-2008, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
Round Up weekend this weekend, be prepared to have a crap load of fun...all parties are open to you

This is the greatest weekend in a young man's life. Spring Game in the morning, Roundup the night before, that afternoon, then all night. To be young again...I remember my last one as senior, when Mike Jones played our house. Fun fun fun times.

Be careful with TABC, they will be out in full force, they will be dressed like homeless people, and they will do whatever they can in their power to arrest you. Seen it happen too many times; that's why Tiny gets hired.

I was going to go to Spring Game (TxExes always have a free tailgate leading up) but my idiot self set up to move that weekend.

Enjoy the weekend all who go. If you've never seen the Horns in person, watch Quan. Just an amazing athlete to see play.

PHS Wildcats
03-27-2008, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

Were're driving up right after the Memphis Mich St game, staying over at a friends house.

PHS Wildcats
03-27-2008, 08:15 PM
The game will be live but they are only going to show the game from noon to 1pm. Pre GAME show is at 11:30 on FSN.

JasperDog94
03-27-2008, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
The game will be live but they are only going to show the game from noon to 1pm. Pre GAME show is at 11:30 on FSN. I thought that was kind of weird that they were only showing 1 hour of the game.:confused:

Emerson1
03-27-2008, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I thought that was kind of weird that they were only showing 1 hour of the game.:confused:
That's how they have done it the past few years

JasperDog94
03-28-2008, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
That's how they have done it the past few years Shows what I know.:nerd:

Old Tiger
03-28-2008, 01:16 PM
2008 Texas Football Orange-White Game takes on a new format

If you're looking for a Longhorns preseason football game, Saturday's spring game at Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium is a great preview. The 2008 version of the annual event will take on a new look and feature hard-hitting action pitting the Longhorns first-team units against each other. And the event which kicks off at noon is free to the public. Events at the annual Spring Jamboree begin at the stadium at 10 a.m.

"I think this will be a really exciting opportunity for our fans to get a great look at the team," Texas head coach Mack Brown said. "With all of the young guys we have and the competition there is for playing time across the board, we decided to change up some of the things we were doing for it to have more of a game-like feel. It will be one hour of fast-paced, live action with full speed tackling. Our best players will be going against each other head to head and trying to win the game.”

The yearly scrimmage has officially been tagged a game, with the Horns lining up for four, 10-minute running quarters in a competitive game using the conventional football scoring system. The scoring will be easy to follow with the "Pride" team, led by Holiday Bowl Offensive MVP Colt McCoy and the explosive first-team Longhorns offense traveling north on all of its possessions. The "Tradition" squad will feature John Chiles and the offensive squad pushing the starters, while moving towards the south goal. Texas' first-team defensive unit led by Holiday Bowl Defensive MVP Brian Orakpo will be a part of the Tradition squad challenging McCoy and the first-team offense. A group of promising young players battling for playing time on defense will take the field for the Pride defense and take on the Tradition's second-team offensive squad.

"I know the guys are looking forward to the game, so hopefully we'll have a full stadium, with lots of noise, so they can compete at their highest level and get prepared for the 2008 season,” added Brown.

“It's great for the young guys because they get a sense of what our game atmosphere is like and they need it,” said senior WR Quan Cosby. “It will help them get comfortable and give them a chance to see what it's like, so they won't have the jitters when it comes to the fall. It's also great for the fans because they'll get a chance to see the young guys and get to know them.”

Since the Longhorns depth chart is being updated daily and won't be finalized until late August, the teams will be settled based on the coaching staff's depth chart following Thursday's practice.

The game's team names play off of the Longhorns traditional slogan that says, "The pride and winning tradition of the Texas Longhorns will not be entrusted to the weak nor the timid.”

"With 'Pride' and 'Tradition' being such an important part of everything it is to be a Texas Longhorn, we couldn't think of two better names to represent the teams playing on Saturday,” stated Brown.

2008 Spring Jamboree Schedule of Events (All events are free)
· 10 a.m. -- Pre-scrimmage carnival (Lot 70, south of Mike A. Myers Stadium)
· 10:30-11:30 a.m. -- Aunty E concert (Lot 70, south of Mike A. Myers Stadium)
· 11:30 a.m.-noon -- Aunty E autograph session (same location)
· Noon -- Kickoff of UT spring scrimmage (DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium)

Link (s=&url_channel_id=40&url_article_id=3734&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2)

sotex
03-28-2008, 04:08 PM
If anyone is planning on driving up from south of San Antonio on Saturday morning, be advised:
I35 will be closed in both directions at Walters Street just north of downtown San Antonio. The closure will begin at 8:00pm Friday night and last until early Monday morning.

PHS Wildcats
03-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
That's how they have done it the past few years

Yea, but the game has never been shown live. So only an hour for a live presentation is a little odd

Diocletian
03-28-2008, 11:43 PM
do any of the FSN ch's broadcast in HD?

setxsports
03-29-2008, 12:10 PM
Watching my Buddy Beasley!:clap:

Emerson1
03-29-2008, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Diocletian
do any of the FSN ch's broadcast in HD?
I know you can get FSN in HD. Most popular channels have an HD now.