PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed (but it's not sad)

mustang04
03-26-2008, 05:31 PM
I am trying out tomorrow for the deepsnapping pos. at ASU....it's something i wish i would have done sooner but i finally just decided to say screw it and try out...it's not the speed or accuracy that i am worried about at all, it's my size, but i figured they could throw the weight on me pretty easy:)

but if yall could hope for the best i'd appreciate it...this is something that might not be THAT big of a deal, but it is to me i guess lol

BuffyMars
03-26-2008, 05:32 PM
best of luck to you! :thumbsup:

Sweetwater Red
03-26-2008, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
I am trying out tomorrow for the deepsnapping pos. at ASU....it's something i wish i would have done sooner but i finally just decided to say screw it and try out...it's not the speed or accuracy that i am worried about at all, it's my size, but i figured they could throw the weight on me pretty easy:)

but if yall could hope for the best i'd appreciate it...this is something that might not be THAT big of a deal, but it is to me i guess lol

Did you wear #25 in HS?:thinking:

mustang04
03-26-2008, 05:41 PM
yep i sure did

DU_stud04
03-26-2008, 05:43 PM
if you can get the ball back there like you could in hs you shouldnt have to worry. goodluck

mustang04
03-26-2008, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
if you can get the ball back there like you could in hs you shouldnt have to worry. goodluck

i can...prolly even better...difference in then and now, i was 5'10 155lbs then....now i'm right under 6' and i was up to 198 lbs but have gone to about 180 cuz i havent lifted in a few months

Sweetwater Red
03-26-2008, 05:45 PM
yep i sure did

I thought so. I just remember a player that would practice deep
snapping before every possible opportunity to go on the field. :thumbsup:

..and for the record...no man crushes here.:D

mustang04
03-26-2008, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I thought so. I just remember a player that would practice deep
snapping before every possible opportunity to go on the field. :thumbsup:

..and for the record...no man crushes here.:D

haha...yeah that was me....i made it a goal that there would never be a busted field goal because of a bad snap....i only had one bad snap while snapping for 2 years on varsity....it still bothers me to this day haha

jlg043
03-26-2008, 05:49 PM
good luck homie

mustang04
03-26-2008, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by jlg043
good luck homie

appreciate it!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-26-2008, 06:01 PM
I'm not one for saying prayers, but I will wish you the best of luck and hope you do well, from one walk-on to another.

zebrablue2
03-26-2008, 06:04 PM
lots of luck mustang. go out there relaxed, and have fun with it. nothing to lose, and worth a try. go for it.....

mustang04
03-26-2008, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I'm not one for saying prayers, but I will wish you the best of luck and hope you do well, from one walk-on to another.

Thanks cousin, man this is just something i felt like i've been wanting to do ever since i got in college...but i actually kinda got inspired after watching you walk on at A&M...i just realized that i don't wanna look back and think "what could have been"...i'm just gonna go out and do it

CHS_CG
03-26-2008, 06:06 PM
Good luck Reggie! I hope it works out for you!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-26-2008, 06:06 PM
Thanks cousin, man this is just something i felt like i've been wanting to do ever since i got in college...but i actually kinda got inspired after watching you walk on at A&M...i just realized that i don't wanna look back and think "what could have been"...i'm just gonna go out and do it

Haha, glad I could be an inspiration. If it's anything like it is up here, get ready to have a good 4-5 hours of your day devoted to football though. The pay sucks too, haha.

LH Panther Mom
03-26-2008, 06:07 PM
I thought you were going to try out 2-3 years ago.....or am I confused (again)?

Anyway, good luck!

mustang04
03-26-2008, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I thought you were going to try out 2-3 years ago.....or am I confused (again)?

Anyway, good luck!

i was, but i was way too small then...and here lately i've just been thinking about alot of things and i think i would definitely have regreted going through college without ever even trying to play football

LH Panther Mom
03-26-2008, 06:10 PM

:p I didn't want to ask then how it turned out, since you never said. Obviously you've been re-inspired.

:kiss: :inlove: :kiss: Best of luck, Reg!

Ingleside Fan
03-26-2008, 06:25 PM
Good Luck to you!

Emerson1
03-26-2008, 06:39 PM
I deep snapped back in the day.

Ranger Mom
03-26-2008, 07:02 PM
Reggie
Reggie
He's our man

If he can't do it
NOBODY can!!:cheerl: :cheerl:

Good luck to you Reg!!!!;)

mustang04
03-27-2008, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Reggie
Reggie
He's our man

If he can't do it
NOBODY can!!:cheerl: :cheerl:

Good luck to you Reg!!!!;)

Haha thank you Kellye, the one bad thing about this is if i do get it, i can't play flag football next year on men's or co-ed, and considering we went to nationals and plan on going again, it's gonna suck not getting to participate:(

But! I'm just happy to even get the chance to try out, if they tell me theres no chance of playin, oh well! At least i know I tried...guess we'll see!!

Snyder_TigerFan
03-27-2008, 10:11 AM
Good Luck. If you don't try out, you'll look back and always regret it.

SWMustang
03-27-2008, 10:11 AM
when do you find out? Good luck.

STANG RED
03-27-2008, 10:17 AM
I admire you for trying Reg. Just get as prepared as you can and give it your best shot. Let the chips fall where they may.
I know the family of the kid that is deep snapping at ACU, and he is not all that much bigger than you are, and certainly wasnt before getting on a good weight program. He is doing an awesome job for them, and pro scouts have looked at him many times. Now that the pros dont allow the deep snapper to get killed anymore, you dont have to be a 300 lb. monster to play that position anymore.
Good Luck Reg! This Mustang is pulling for ya.

eppy 12
03-27-2008, 10:20 AM
best of luck!:clap:

mustang04
03-27-2008, 10:42 AM
Thanks again....i'm not sure when i'll find out, but i do know that when i talk to the coach today after i snap for them, i'm going to tell him that if anything give me a month to get back into that shape i need to be in and then let me snap...i snapped yesterday to my roommate and i can still fire it like nobody's business on field goal, my punt snaps were good but i could tell they didn't have the zoom on them like they used to (only cuz i haven't snapped 15 yard snaps since highschool) but like i said, i will give it my best and just see how it goes

Black_Magic
03-27-2008, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Did you wear #25 in HS?:thinking: Yep he made our Big hit video on one of our punt returns.:clap: :clap:

Ranger Mom
03-27-2008, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Yep he made our Big hit video on one of our punt returns.:clap: :clap:

When I saw that BM was posting on this thread...I KNEW that was coming!!

I knew there wouldn't be any well wishes for Reggie......just a jab at something that happened years ago! :dispntd:

Black_Magic
03-27-2008, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
When I saw that BM was posting on this thread...I KNEW that was coming!!

I knew there wouldn't be any well wishes for Reggie......just a jab at something that happened years ago! :dispntd: Not a Jab! He looked quite athletic. Need a freeze frame of him in mid air . Looks great! Good luck Reggie. Mention you know me there. It may get you a full ride.;)

pirate4state
03-27-2008, 12:29 PM
Good Luck Reggie!!! I hope everything works out for you. :kiss: :)

AP Panther Fan
03-27-2008, 12:38 PM
Good Luck!

I think we will need more pictures.;) :D

mustang04
03-27-2008, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Yep he made our Big hit video on one of our punt returns.:clap: :clap:

Yeah i was completely blind-sided haha....it prolly looked alot worse than what it was, cuz i hopped up as soon as i hit the ground......decleating a 155lb. kid by blind-siding him doesn't take much effort

Curly
03-27-2008, 03:02 PM
Yeah i was completely blind-sided haha....it prolly looked alot worse than what it was, cuz i hopped up as soon as i hit the ground......decleating a 155lb. kid by blind-siding him doesn't take much effort

Yeah but it gives blackie a great feeling to be able to bring it up again and again and again......
Can't you just see him watching every play of every Sweetwater and snyder game just to find a good play that the tiggers might have made..............
then he can keep bringing it up every chance he gets.......

Wait for it --- cause you know it's coming.............

DU_stud04
03-27-2008, 03:31 PM
.decleating a 155lb. kid by blind-siding him doesn't take much effort hahaha, no...but its still funny and looks good on the film. :D

Sweetwater Red
03-27-2008, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Curly
Yeah but it gives blackie a great feeling to be able to bring it up again and again and again......
Can't you just see him watching every play of every Sweetwater and snyder game just to find a good play that the tiggers might have made..............
then he can keep bringing it up every chance he gets.......

Wait for it --- cause you know it's coming.............

I wonder how often he watches the play a few years ago when
Banyard(RB) chases down, runs up beside, and drills that
Snyder CB to the ground after he had the nerve to...

1. Recover a fumble.
2. Actually take off running with it.

:D

mustang04
03-28-2008, 09:45 PM
well..i tried out today....they timed my punt snaps...they said they were about the same as the snappers they have now, but then i told them they have to understand that my times today were A) without lifting weights in 7 months B) my first real 15 yard punt snaps since highschool, and my arms were sore from just starting snapping the past 2 days, plus it was cold and windy....soooo, they want me to come in for the paperwork and start practice monday!

i didnt do any fieldgoal snaps for them, but i snapped to their starting holder and he said mine were waaaayyyyy faster than any of the other's field-goal snaps, then i watched the others and realized he was right, so i think monday i'm gonna talk to the special teams coach about letting me do that as well...thanks again everyone for wishing this senior walk-on good luck haha

Ranger Mom
03-28-2008, 09:47 PM
well..i tried out today....they timed my punt snaps...they said they were about the same as the snappers they have now, but then i told them they have to understand that my times today were A) without lifting weights in 7 months B) my first real 15 yard punt snaps since highschool, and my arms were sore from just starting snapping the past 2 days, plus it was cold and windy....soooo, they want me to come in for the paperwork and start practice monday!

i didnt do any fieldgoal snaps for them, but i snapped to their starting holder and he said mine were waaaayyyyy faster than any of the other's field-goal snaps, then i watched the others and realized he was right, so i think monday i'm gonna talk to the special teams coach about letting me do that as well...thanks again everyone for wishing this senior walk-on good luck haha

WTG Reggie!!!!!!!

You have made your "2nd momma" proud!!!:D :D

Snyder_TigerFan
03-28-2008, 09:53 PM
Congrats man....give it 100%.

mustang04
03-28-2008, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Congrats man....give it 100%.

I appreciate it...i'm def. gonna give it all i got, cuz i only have one year to do it lol

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-28-2008, 10:11 PM
Sounds like a family tradition to me. Congrats bro.

pirate4state
03-28-2008, 11:52 PM
:clap: :clap: Nice!!! :thumbsup:

ASUFrisbeeStud
03-29-2008, 09:14 AM
Congrats Reg from a Sweetwater and ASU alumni, I know you will represent both well.

Hell if Reg can walk on maybe I should go try, I'd be a helluva holder.

Black_Magic
03-30-2008, 08:29 PM
I appreciate it...i'm def. gonna give it all i got, cuz i only have one year to do it lol Should have mentioned you know me. Full ride.:D