PDA

View Full Version : Gainesville hires former Gonzalez coach

KTJ
03-26-2008, 03:59 PM
Good hire?

Any thoughts?

What I particularly liked is that he apparently made all of the programs at Gonzalez very good...all across the board including the girls teams and he's committed to doing that at Gainesville.

Gainesville hasn't had an all-around dominant athletic department (girls, boys, all sports) in YEARS. Since the mid 90's.

The new high school opens soon and he liked those new facilities too.

Adidas410s
03-26-2008, 04:01 PM
They aren't getting a new stadium though, right??? Wasn't that what held up the first bond election?

KTJ
03-26-2008, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
They aren't getting a new stadium though, right??? Wasn't that what held up the first bond election?

No new stadium...for now. They land they built the high school on still has room for one at a later date.

The reason the first bond election was held up was because the community thought there was too many athletic facilities. The first bond proposal had a practice field for football, bigger gym/arena for basketball, track facility, and softball and baseball fields.

But I believe there's still room for all of that should another bond proposal occur.

LH Panther Mom
03-26-2008, 08:54 PM
From what I've read about the Gonzales program the past few years, I think it's a good hire.

44INAROW
03-26-2008, 08:58 PM
from what I have heard, he did a good job in Gonzales and Gainesville is lucky to have him.........