PDA

View Full Version : Prayer request

pirate4state
03-26-2008, 01:28 PM
I am doing something I almost never do and that's asking for your prayers!

A friend of mine suffered a stroke early this morning. She wasn't feeling sick or displaying any signs that anything was wrong!! In fact, she was at our softball game last night. Her daughter plays on the softball team and her son is on the JV baseball team. She has two other children that have graduated from SHS and I know her oldest daughter very well.

She is currently in a coma and the doctors are running all the necessary test to try and determine how bad the stroke was and what they need to do next.

We all hear the "life is fragile" "live everyday to the fullest" mantra, but until something happens you just kinda shrug it off.

Hell, just last week I buried my aunt, but she had been sick for so long that even though it was "unexpected" it was expected, you know?

Norma is so young that none of us that know her can believe this is happening!

Her family is gonna need a lot of prayers so they have the strength to deal with the day to day waiting that comes when something like this happens.

Please keep them in your thoughts & prayers. Thank you.

kaorder1999
03-26-2008, 01:29 PM
prayers from dallas

injuredinmelee
03-26-2008, 01:29 PM
prayers from me Rita.

zebrablue2
03-26-2008, 01:32 PM
I believe in the power of prayer. This site helps more people than we know by saying extra prayers. Already sent from Bellville...

LH Panther Mom
03-26-2008, 01:34 PM
Prayers from me for her, her family and friends.

rcbulldog34
03-26-2008, 01:37 PM
Prayers from Royse City

CheerMom
03-26-2008, 01:43 PM
The family and friends are in my prayers.

BuffyMars
03-26-2008, 01:54 PM
same here. i will definitely pray for them.

strokes are one of my biggest fears. :(

Ranger Mom
03-26-2008, 01:58 PM
Prayers going out from me too!

44INAROW
03-26-2008, 02:02 PM
will do Rita - prayers being sent as I type......... Please keep us posted on your friend.....

Phil C
03-26-2008, 02:13 PM
Prayers from me to. A terrible thing to happen but hopefully she will recover.

Maroon87
03-26-2008, 02:15 PM
Prayers....

eppy 12
03-26-2008, 02:15 PM
prayers from kville.

I_DONT_CARE
03-26-2008, 04:09 PM
PRAYERS FOR YOUR FRIEND :(

waterboy
03-26-2008, 05:02 PM
Prayers from Gilmer. I lost my dad that way. I'll pray for her full recovery.

AP Panther Fan
03-26-2008, 05:10 PM
I am so sorry Rita, I am sure she must be one of the nice ladies that sits by you at the games.:(

I am going to keep you, her family and friends in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep me posted.:(

CHS_CG
03-26-2008, 06:14 PM
I am soo sorry to hear this Rita. Prayers to the family and friends. Sending good vibes!

Ingleside Fan
03-26-2008, 06:22 PM
Prayers from Ingleside.

pirate4state
03-27-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
I believe in the power of prayer. This site helps more people than we know by saying extra prayers. Already sent from Bellville... thank you, thank you --- i received word this morning that Norma woke up this morning. One of her first questions was "did yall eat?" when talking to her kids. LOL. She is such a MOM! They'll be running some more tests, obviously something was/is very wrong. The good news is she is awake and moving and hopefully this is a step in the right direction for her recovery. :)

thank you so much for your prayers.

CheerMom
03-27-2008, 12:26 PM
That's great news. Will continue prayers for a full recovery.

Ranger Mom
03-27-2008, 01:04 PM
That is awesome news Rita!!:clap:

Keep us posted!

LH Panther Mom
03-27-2008, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
thank you, thank you --- i received word this morning that Norma woke up this morning. One of her first questions was "did yall eat?" when talking to her kids. LOL. She is such a MOM! They'll be running some more tests, obviously something was/is very wrong. The good news is she is awake and moving and hopefully this is a step in the right direction for her recovery. :)

Yay! That's better than when we talked! Continued prayers for her recovery.

AP Panther Fan
03-27-2008, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Yay! That's better than when we talked! Continued prayers for her recovery.

Same here, much, much better!:)

I will share the good news with Cameron and continue to hope that all goes well!

BILLYFRED0000
03-27-2008, 07:19 PM
Rita,

There is a time for everything under the sun. And this is definitely the time for prayer. My thoughts are with your friend and you.

pirate4state
03-27-2008, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Rita,

There is a time for everything under the sun. And this is definitely the time for prayer. My thoughts are with your friend and you.

Thank you :)

CHS_CG
03-27-2008, 07:40 PM
GREAT NEWS RITA! We will continue to pray for a full recovery!

West22
03-27-2008, 07:44 PM
We will pray for her and her family and wish her a speddy recovery.

zebrablue2
03-27-2008, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
thank you, thank you --- i received word this morning that Norma woke up this morning. One of her first questions was "did yall eat?" when talking to her kids. LOL. She is such a MOM! They'll be running some more tests, obviously something was/is very wrong. The good news is she is awake and moving and hopefully this is a step in the right direction for her recovery. :)

lets keep the thread going. more prayers tonight and this week end... SENT................

AP Panther Fan
03-27-2008, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
lets keep the thread going. more prayers tonight and this week end... SENT................

I am right there with you! More prayers from Aransas Pass!.....

Sent.....

coach
03-27-2008, 09:56 PM
prayes from coach for norma and especially for the kids

pirate4state
04-01-2008, 08:51 AM
Thank you all for your prayers.

Early this morning Norma passed away. There were some complications during her surgery and the doctors had to stop some bleeding and couldn't complete the surgery. :(

She leaves behind a husband and 5 children. Please keep them in your prayers so they have the strength to get through this very difficult time in their lives.

Thank you.

Ranger Mom
04-01-2008, 08:53 AM
I am so sorry to hear that! :(

Thoughts and prayers for her family and friends....a special prayer for her children!

LH Panther Mom
04-01-2008, 08:58 AM
:( I'm so sorry. Prayers are extended for all during this most difficult time.

KingRob
04-01-2008, 09:07 AM
How sad. My deepest sympathy.

Sftball4Life
04-01-2008, 09:10 AM
We're going through the same situation here. Our girls played softball Friday night. One of our moms drove her husband and three of our girls (including her daughter) back to the school on a one-hour trip. Within 3 minutes of being back home, she collapsed. Her daughter and husband performed CPR until the paramedics arrived. She's been in a coma since she collapsed. They have no idea yet what happened. Her heart looks great. The neurologist told the family yesterday that she has no brain activity at all. Tomorrow is her birthday. Her family will spend it with her and then have her removed from life support.

My tears and my heartache are only matched by my prayers for these two families and communities.

pirate4state
04-01-2008, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Sftball4Life
We're going through the same situation here. Our girls played softball Friday night. One of our moms drove her husband and three of our girls (including her daughter) back to the school on a one-hour trip. Within 3 minutes of being back home, she collapsed. Her daughter and husband performed CPR until the paramedics arrived. She's been in a coma since she collapsed. They have no idea yet what happened. Her heart looks great. The neurologist told the family yesterday that she has no brain activity at all. Tomorrow is her birthday. Her family will spend it with her and then have her removed from life support.

My tears and my heartache are only matched by my prayers for these two families and communities.

I am sorry to hear this. We'll add your friend & her family to our prayers.

44INAROW
04-01-2008, 09:17 AM
I am so sorry Rita.... Prayers being sent from Cuero :(

Sftball4Life
04-01-2008, 09:35 AM
Psalm 46:1

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.

Thanks so much Pirate.... God Bless You, your friend and her family. You all are in my thoughts.

CheerMom
04-01-2008, 10:17 AM
Continued prayers for everyone.

Phil C
04-01-2008, 10:57 AM
Prayers from me too. Norma was a great softball parent and active in helping her kids. This is bad news.

AP Panther Fan
04-01-2008, 12:01 PM
Thoughts and prayers from Aransas Pass for this family and all of the many friends. Rita, get well and stay strong for this family...they will be needing you alot in the days and months to come.:(

Phil C
04-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Things like this make sports seem not too important. It will be difficult to get in a softball mode tonight but I know Norma would want it so I will try.