PDA

View Full Version : To all who did not make the playoffs...

Chief Woodman
11-08-2003, 01:41 PM
You might be disappointed, you might have expected it. Either way, do not be too down on yourself. As long as you did your best you have nothing to be ashamed of. In fact, be glad we live in a country that has time for such games rather than being concerned if we will be blown apart by a bomb in the next hour. Be thankful that you had the ability to participate for many cannot.
Those who went into the playoffs might have been blessed with more physical talent than you, but that does not mean they are more valuable. They did not earn the talent although they might have sharpened it somewhat through hard work, it was given to them through no effort of their own. They, just as well as you could have been confined to a wheelchair from birth, or been blind or had any other number of physical problems. A simple birth defect can make the difference between someone that every college tries to recruit and someone who cannot even walk.
I thank you for your hard work and effort. I think that given enough time you will discover that while football is fun, it is not very important in the eternal scheme of life. May God bless each and every one of you.

vet93
11-08-2003, 01:47 PM
Ditto

Backwoods
11-08-2003, 03:59 PM
Same here. God Bless.

Bandera YaYa
11-08-2003, 11:54 PM
That was an awesome post.....we have to remember that they ALL play hard and want to win...and they give their all and we get entertained well for about 2 hrs every Friday. Their will always be winners and losers in this game. Good luck to those who are continuing and best wishes to those who are not.

nigelmer
11-09-2003, 05:32 PM
I coach for a team that didn't make the playoffs....made a good run in the key games..but came up a little short. However, we won our last 2, and when the clock ticked to zero Friday night, the enthusiasm they showed..you would've thought they were on their way to the show. Congrats to all the playoff teams, but congrats also to the non-playoff teams....for the fight and dedication that you show....and thanks also to those kids that I STILL love despite the fact our season is over

LH Panther Mom
11-09-2003, 08:28 PM
nigelmer:
I coach for a team that didn't make the playoffs....made a good run in the key games..but came up a little short. However, we won our last 2, and when the clock ticked to zero Friday night, the enthusiasm they showed..you would've thought they were on their way to the show. Congrats to all the playoff teams, but congrats also to the non-playoff teams....for the fight and dedication that you show....and thanks also to those kids that I STILL love despite the fact our season is overCongrats, Coach, on your two in a row. It's a good start for next season.

Green Ranger
11-09-2003, 10:31 PM
Great great post, five stars no question. For those reading who are still playing and those who are not. There is more to life than football. Cherish every time in the locker room, cause the friends you make will be your friends forever. You may not like a loosing season but will always remember a certain hit or a certain trip. These years help form who you are, football builds character, win or loose at the end of the game, realize that it is a game and that there are kids around the world who struggle to get enough to eat to live! That is not a game, that is life. Enjoy and cherish everything you have from food to friends. Those in the play-offs, remember those who are not from your district and play for them and be safe. Those of you who aren't work that much harder for next year. Take care and be safe.

faithfuldog
11-10-2003, 12:15 AM
Way to put it in perspective.....although it's great, it's only a game.....

44INAROW
11-10-2003, 09:51 AM
Nice post

BigRedfan
11-10-2003, 09:56 AM
Ditto.

JasperDog94
11-10-2003, 10:14 AM
Mega-dittos...

Old No. 7
11-10-2003, 01:15 PM
Great post. Thanks and God bless. :) :)

BullFrog Dad
11-10-2003, 01:44 PM
Date for Saturday night, basketball, upcoming ACT test, 1/8th of tank "better get gas"! Don't worry CW 99% of these non-playoff teenagers have other concerns!LOL