PDA

View Full Version : Rice vs. Port I

bulldog94
12-03-2003, 10:48 AM
Which team can over come weaknesses? Both Rice losses were to teams w/ better than average speed and could throw the ball!Wharton & Bellville.
Looks like this is an edge for PI. If rice is going to win this one they better controll the speed of the Tarpons!

Kool Tarpon 21
12-03-2003, 10:52 AM
There's a Port Isabel vs Rice thread already. I thought I would let you know.

bulldog94
12-03-2003, 11:02 AM
I realize that, I just wanted to start a topic about football only, nothing else.

<small>[ December 03, 2003, 10:03 AM: Message edited by: bulldog94 ]</small>

Big on discipline II
12-03-2003, 11:10 AM
Rice has speed of its own, so I do not think that is going to be that big of a difference. Plus, PI does not throw the ball that much.

footballgal
12-03-2003, 11:16 AM
We haven't had to throw the ball, but believe me when I tell you we can and will throw if need be. We just take what the defense gives us.

<small>[ December 03, 2003, 10:17 AM: Message edited by: footballgal ]</small>

RPM
12-03-2003, 11:25 AM
You guys are right PI doesnt throw the ball that much but thats because they dont have to. there running game is pretty solid and with the speed on this tarpon team its pretty hard to catch up. Rice has speed of its own on O and D so I dont think speed is going to be the determining factor of this game. PI has had way to many calls on them for little mistaks that can be fixed and will have to eliminate those mistakes to stay in this game. There a great football team and are no pushovers who can run and pass when they need to and have the weapons and talent to execute and move the ball. Its going to be a good game but the team with less mistakes and turnovers will win this game. Just my O2 Good Luck Tarpons Im trying to make this game

Bob
12-03-2003, 11:50 AM
I think some of you South Texas people are in for a rude awakening. Rice is fixin to kick a little tail. They are way better than anyone PI has played all year. I am not trying to stir anything up, but just stating what I believe.

CheerMom
12-03-2003, 12:04 PM
Does anyone have any stats on PI?

PI-fan
12-03-2003, 12:11 PM
Bob:
I think some of you South Texas people are in for a rude awakening. Rice is fixin to kick a little tail. They are way better than anyone PI has played all year. I am not trying to stir anything up, but just stating what I believe.Rice 'way better' than Liberty Hill? Get real, were talking about Rice, not Burnet.
Besides if they're better than LH(PI's last week opponent)... why did LH score more points than Rice did against Wimberly? - not to mention LH held them to less points as well?
Seems like central texas will be having the "rude awakening".

http://www.valleystar.com/images/uploads/Missile120303.jpg
Go TARPONS Go!!

<small>[ December 03, 2003, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: PI-fan ]</small>

CheerMom
12-03-2003, 12:29 PM
That's because the only points that Wimberley scored was on our JV team which was put in at the start of the 4th quarter. And there are some teams out there that have enough class and won't run a score up on another team. No offense was intended by Bob, I'm sure, it was just his opinion. And if you would take notice, Bob isn't even from Rice, it's just an unbiased opinion. Good Luck to both teams.
Go Raiders!!!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-03-2003, 01:16 PM
CheerMom:
And if you would take notice, Bob isn't even from Rice, it's just an unbiased opinion. Good Luck to both teams.
Go Raiders!!!Yeah, but aren't Rice Consolidated and Bellville all "buddy, buddy" like right now?

CheerMom
12-03-2003, 01:18 PM
Bellville and Rice respect each other, but I wouldn't say that we are all buddy, buddy!!
Go Raiders!!!

footballgal
12-03-2003, 01:23 PM
*delete

<small>[ December 03, 2003, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: footballgal ]</small>

footballgal
12-03-2003, 03:29 PM
TFINT PIfan please check your PM.

raider_fan_06
12-03-2003, 05:32 PM
Rice is goin to win this game bye 14 points.

Boosty_Hondo
12-03-2003, 05:41 PM
raider_fan_06:
Rice is goin to win this game bye 14 points.thats the wrong bye it would be by wink

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-03-2003, 06:16 PM
raider_fan_06:
Rice is goin to win this game bye 14 points.NICE bulletin board material there, guy. I hope you're a player. If not, then you've got no business saying something like that.

Rice_fan_02
12-03-2003, 07:02 PM
I believe that this game will be one of the best all year, a real nail biter...The team with the least mistakes will take W. Rice by 7

Go Raiders!!!

<small>[ December 03, 2003, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: Rice_fan_02 ]</small>

msgp
12-04-2003, 02:08 AM
Speed was not the problem in either of Rice's losses. The Raiders have plenty of it and have no problem stopping the run. Pass defense has been our weak spot and both teams we lost to threw the ball. Spears can effectively shut down one side of the field but the other side was vulnerable. However, Hemphill, who has been steadily improving throughout the season, has pushed his game to the next level in post season play. His performance of late has given our secondary the balance it needed. From what I have read about P.I. these two teams have much in common. This will be a fun game to watch and I agree that the team who takes care of the ball takes home the win.

Thanks so much for starting a thread to actually discuss the game! That other thread is pretty embarassing.

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2003, 02:24 AM
PI-fan, that's a great picture. Since I know very little about most of Rice's opponents this year, I can't give an opinion about them. But, I will say that PI gave us 48 minutes worth of hard football. Good luck to you, Port Isabel - I'm rooting for you.

footballgal
12-04-2003, 09:07 AM
LH Panther Mom:
PI-fan, that's a great picture. Since I know very little about most of Rice's opponents this year, I can't give an opinion about them. But, I will say that PI gave us 48 minutes worth of hard football. Good luck to you, Port Isabel - I'm rooting for you.Thanks LH Panther Mom, much appreciated! I was listening to the pregame show and game on your Panther Broadcast, it's pretty cool to be able to go back and listen to any game you want. I wish PI had something as cool as that. I got excited all over again listening to the game, it trully was a great game. Your play by play announcers/analysist were really good too.

footballgal
12-04-2003, 09:13 AM
http://www.valleystar.com/images/uploads/PI120403.jpg
Meet Frankie the player- middle LB click here 12/04/03 (http://www.valleystar.com/sports_more.php?id=51058_0_12_0_M)

CheerMom
12-04-2003, 01:23 PM
ttt

raiderchick
12-04-2003, 08:26 PM
All I have to say is GO RAIDERS! I dont have a guess of the score cause i dont know how well the other team plays!

Love Ya Blue!

raiderchick
12-04-2003, 08:28 PM
ttt