PDA

View Full Version : Snyder's Chad Rogers...

PHS Wildcats
03-25-2008, 08:02 PM
Interviewed for the (4A) Jacksonville Indians head coaching job.

Jacksonville announces four finalists...
Jacksonville I.S.D. is in the middle of interviewing four finalists for their AD/Football coaching position.

Snyder's Chad Rogers was interviewed on Tuesday, as was Steve Wells from Mineola.

Former Dallas Kimball head coach Darrell Jordan will be one of two candidates interviewed on Wednesday, along with Jason Holman, a Jacksonville High School graduate now at Jersey Village.

The committee will bring back two finalists, and announce a selection by early next week.

Jacksonville is replacing Randy Copeland who resigned to take an administration job at Arp High School.

Smoaky

Ranger Mom
03-25-2008, 08:06 PM
Interesting!!:thinking: :thinking:

Adidas410s
03-25-2008, 08:21 PM
He's pulling a Kent Jackson. He sees the writing on the wall! ;)

Snyder_TigerFan
03-25-2008, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Interesting!!:thinking: :thinking:

Indeed.:thinking:

Sweetwater Red
03-26-2008, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
He's pulling a Kent Jackson. He sees the writing on the wall! ;)

So you're telling me Sandifer can't and that's why he's not
already looking?:thinking:

Txbroadcaster
03-26-2008, 04:37 PM
KTBB Sports and Smoaky.com has learned Snyder's Chad Rogers has withdrawn his name from consideration for the AD/Football coaching position at Jacksonville High School.

Rogers was one of four finalists to replace Randy Copeland, but he told Larry McCarty of the Snyder newspaper, "My kids and family love living in Snyder, and instead of wasting the time of Jacksonville I.S.D., I'm withdrawing my name now, because right now it's the right thing to do."

Sweetwater Red
03-26-2008, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
KTBB Sports and Smoaky.com has learned Snyder's Chad Rogers has withdrawn his name from consideration for the AD/Football coaching position at Jacksonville High School.

Rogers was one of four finalists to replace Randy Copeland, but he told Larry McCarty of the Snyder newspaper, "My kids and family love living in Snyder, and instead of wasting the time of Jacksonville I.S.D., I'm withdrawing my name now, because right now it's the right thing to do."

:flaming: :tongue: :flaming:

:D :devil: :D

kepdawg
03-26-2008, 04:41 PM

Is that one of those I didn't get the job withdrawals? Or did his kids and family not love living in Snyder when he applied?

Sweetwater Red
03-26-2008, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Is that one of those I didn't get the job withdrawals? Or did his kids and family not love living in Snyder when he applied?

If nothing else, I can count on you.:thumbsup: :devil:

Snyder_TigerFan
03-26-2008, 04:47 PM

Either way, glad to see he's sticking around. Can't argue with the success that he's had in the short time that he's been in Snyder.

Sweetwater Red
03-26-2008, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Either way, glad to see he's sticking around. Can't argue with the success that he's had in the short time that he's been in Snyder.

and it's making us sick!:thinking: :D :devil:

kepdawg
03-26-2008, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
If nothing else, I can count on you.:thumbsup: :devil:

I can see it now...

Kid: Daddy I don't love living in Snyder anymore. If you can get a job somewhere else I think we should move.

Coach Rogers: Really? This is surprising! How could you possibly not love living in Snyder?

Kid: Well, to tell you the truth daddy I've never really liked it. All the people are kind of weird!

Coach Rogers: That is true. There are a lot of weird people in Snyder. I guess I better start sending out the resume!

Kid: Besides daddy! Have you seen the new district!?!

A few days later...

Coach Rogers: Well, it looks like I've got an interview lined up!

Kid: Where at daddy?

Coach Rogers: Jacksonville

Kid: Jacksonville, Texas?

Coach Rogers: Yes, Texas? Why do you sound so surprised?

Kid: You know that's in East Texas right? And they're in Region 2!

Coach Rogers: Yeah, so? It's not like it's Region 3!

Kid: Come on daddy! You know there's way too much speed in East Texas! And you do remember what happened the last time you played a Region 2 school, right?

Coach Rogers: Yes, yes, I remember. But I thought you didn't love living in Snyder anymore.

Kid: Well, I guess it's not too bad. I mean I do like making fun of all the weird people! And nobody will expect us to win much the next couple of seasons in the new district anyway! Daddy I do love living in Snyder! I think we should stay!

Sweetwater Red
03-26-2008, 05:00 PM
I can see it now...

Kid: Daddy I don't love living in Snyder anymore. If you can get a job somewhere else I think we should move.

Coach Rogers: Really? This is surprising! How could you possibly not love living in Snyder?

Kid: Well, to tell you the truth daddy I've never really liked it. All the people are kind of weird!

Coach Rogers: That is true. There are a lot of weird people in Snyder. I guess I better start sending out the resume!

A few days later...

Kid: Come on daddy! You know there's way too much speed in East Texas! And you do remember what happened the last time you played a Region 2 school, right?

Coach Rogers: Yes, yes, I remember. But I thought you didn't love living in Snyder anymore.

Kid: Well, I guess it's not too bad. I mean I do like making fun of all the weird people! And nobody will expect us to win much the next couple of seasons in the new district anyway! Daddy I do love living in Snyder! I think we should stay!

CLASSIC!

:clap: :D :clap:

Snyder_TigerFan
03-26-2008, 05:01 PM
wow:rolleyes:

Sweetwater Red
03-26-2008, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
wow:rolleyes:

Oh come on. You know if he took out Rodgers' name and put
Jackson's name in there, you'd be laughing your ass off as
would I still.:thinking:

TigerPride
03-26-2008, 05:14 PM
Can't blame a man for exploring his options. Who wouldn't want to see what there worth? I'm glad he chose to stay....
GO TIGERS!!!

PHS Wildcats
03-26-2008, 08:12 PM
I can see it now...

A few days later...

Great:clap:

DaHop72
03-26-2008, 08:35 PM

Rogers was one of four finalists to replace Randy Copeland, but he told Larry McCarty of the Snyder newspaper, "My kids and family love living in Snyder, and instead of wasting the time of Jacksonville I.S.D., I'm withdrawing my name now, because right now it's the right thing to do." :thinking: :thinking: Hum, that wasn't what was in the Snyder Daily News today.

Black_Magic
03-26-2008, 08:57 PM
Is that one of those I didn't get the job withdrawals? Or did his kids and family not love living in Snyder when he applied? Well I would like to mention one thing. Word is that the Jacksonville Superintendent made arangemengts to come to Snyder( 7 hour drive for him) on Thursday to speak with Coach Rogers. Think about it. Why would a Superintendent make plans to drive 7 hours to "talk" to a perspective AD/Head Coach ??? Coach Rogers may have his reasons for not going farther in the process and decided not to let a Superintendent waist his time by driving 7 hours if he would not take the job.
IMO if a Superintendent is going to drive 7 hours to see a coach after he has already seen Jacksonville and the community, then that might indicate he planned on maybe offering it to him..:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: . Or maybe not. Maybe every superintendents drive 7 hours one way to talk to every aplicant....:rolleyes:

Black_Magic
03-26-2008, 09:47 PM
Snyder Coach Withdraws from Jacksonville search...

Meanwhile, former Dallas Kimball head coach Darrell Jordan will be one of two candidates interviewed on Wednesday, along with Jason Holman, a Jacksonville High School graduate now at Jersey Village.

Mineola's Steve Wells, along with Rogers, interviewed on Tuesday.

In a new twist, the hiring committee will bring back all three remaining candidates for a second round of interviews later this week, and want to select a finalist by early next week.

Jacksonville is replacing Copeland who resigned to take an administration job at Arp High School.

Smoaky
Printable

Black_Magic
03-26-2008, 10:08 PM
:clap:

Black_Magic
03-27-2008, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by TigerPride
Can't blame a man for exploring his options. Who wouldn't want to see what there worth? I'm glad he chose to stay....
GO TIGERS!!! On this Note. It worth considering. If someone called you about a Job they wanted to talk to you about and it was going to give you a $20,000 per year raise. Would you go check it out just to see the whole situation.? I would. He did. Just didnt want to go through the deal turning down a Job and waisting anyones time for the sake of ego

Sweetwater Red
03-27-2008, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
On this Note. It worth considering. If someone called you about a Job they wanted to talk to you about and it was going to give you a $20,000 per year raise. Would you go check it out just to see the whole situation.? I would. He did. Just didnt want to go through the deal turning down a Job and waisting anyones time for the sake of ego

OR once Snyder got word he was looking they sweetened his deal to persuade him to stay. :thinking:

nobogey72
03-27-2008, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
OR once Snyder got word he was looking they sweetened his deal to persuade him to stay. :thinking:

Can't blame him for that either. That's the best way I've found to get a raise. I've also found that is a good way to get more production of a wife (ie chores, mowing, scrubbing floors, etc):D

Black_Magic
03-27-2008, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Can't blame him for that either. That's the best way I've found to get a raise. I've also found that is a good way to get more production of a wife (ie chores, mowing, scrubbing floors, etc):D That has not happened. Not that it shouldnt have happened but has not happened. Id say he diserves some sort of raise though. Taken a program that was an average program to 5 district titles in the last 6 years and Semifinals twice, Quarter finals 4 times. I think a sweeter deal would be a nice bone thrown to him for a good job.

Texasfootball2
03-27-2008, 10:04 AM
I can see it now...

A few days later...

Do you write your own material? This is good:thumbsup: