PDA

View Full Version : Lowie Update

pirate4state
03-25-2008, 11:55 AM
Okay, the voting has been closed for the 9 categories Dre put up before he experienced some PC problems.

The Lowie's wouldn't be complete unless everyone was given the opportunity to vote on "thread of the year" and "HOF class of 2007" awards.

None of us know what has already been submitted, so we ask that you send your nominations for these 2 categories to any or all of the mods (me, LHPM and/or RM).

We will accept nominations until Thursday and then we'll put up the poll for voting on Friday.

Thanks.

kepdawg
03-25-2008, 11:57 AM
Boo!

LH Panther Mom
03-25-2008, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Boo!
Hoo! :p

kepdawg
03-25-2008, 12:01 PM
Who are current HOF members? Is that information anywhere on the homepage?

kepdawg
03-25-2008, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Hoo! :p

The fix was in from the start!

LH Panther Mom
03-25-2008, 12:03 PM
Who are current HOF members? Is that information anywhere on the homepage?
Matthew328 & Gobbla2001

Sweetwater Red
03-25-2008, 12:05 PM
Matthew328 & Gobbla2001

That's it?

kepdawg
03-25-2008, 12:07 PM
Matthew328 & Gobbla2001

How many people are going in this time?

LH Panther Mom
03-25-2008, 12:14 PM
The fix was in from the start!
:hand: :hand: Surely you jest!

And yes.....I did call you Surely! :p

pirate4state
03-25-2008, 12:24 PM
How many people are going in this time?

Depends on who gets nominated. I think those 2 were the only ones nominated last time. I forget.

kepdawg
03-25-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Depends on who gets nominated. I think those 2 were the only ones nominated last time. I forget.

So there is no set criteria?

pirate4state
03-25-2008, 12:27 PM
So there is no set criteria?

I'd have to look it up, but I think Adidas suggested it and we all agreed.

kepdawg
03-25-2008, 12:28 PM
I'd have to look it up, but I think Adidas suggested it and we all agreed.

Suggested what? Who agreed?

pirate4state
03-25-2008, 12:30 PM
Suggested what? Who agreed?

Look here (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52825&highlight=hall+fame)

pirate4state
03-25-2008, 12:34 PM
Look here (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52825&highlight=hall+fame)

haha okay that wasn't the original thread :crazy1:

kepdawg
03-25-2008, 12:34 PM

So...nevermind...

pirate4state
03-25-2008, 12:41 PM
Okay, so it was Russ' idea

Originally posted by Big Daddy Russ
Ohhhhh, and one more thing: there's a surprise category that will go up sometime during the last week of voting and won't time out for a few days. Until then, my lips are sealed. No nominations are being taken for this category.

in this thread (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46658&perpage=40&highlight=secret&pagenumber=3)

ahhhhhh HERE (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47520&highlight=downlow+award) it is!

kepdawg
03-25-2008, 03:46 PM
How many nominations for HOF do you want from each poster?

crzyjournalist03
03-25-2008, 03:47 PM
How many nominations for HOF do you want from each poster?

kep has a good question there...

pirate4state
03-25-2008, 03:49 PM
How does 3 sound?

crzyjournalist03
03-25-2008, 03:51 PM
How does 3 sound?

Too high.

:p

No...that sounds fine to me!

kepdawg
03-25-2008, 03:52 PM
How does 3 sound?

3 works (I'd go more)

Who gets on the ballot?

Top X number of people nominated?

Anyone with X number of nominations?

jason
03-25-2008, 03:57 PM
mods/owners/admins shouldnt be allowed to be in the HOF until they retire their positions, until then, it will just be a contest to see who can get the most posters to brown nose.....

pirate4state
03-25-2008, 04:01 PM
3 works (I'd go more)

Who gets on the ballot?

Top X number of people nominated?

Anyone with X number of nominations?

I guess it would depend on how many nominations we recieve. I would think someone with at least 5 nominations should be eligible.

crzyjournalist03
03-25-2008, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by jason
mods/owners/admins shouldnt be allowed to be in the HOF until they retire their positions, until then, it will just be a contest to see who can get the most posters to brown nose.....

would it even show if a Moderator was put into the HOF under their name, or would it still just say "moderator"?

kepdawg
03-25-2008, 04:04 PM
I guess it would depend on how many nominations we recieve. I would think someone with at least 5 nominations should be eligible.

Who gets in?

Top X number of vote getters?

Anyone who receives X percentage of votes?

Ranger Mom
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
would it even show if a Moderator was put into the HOF under their name, or would it still just say "moderator"?

I can't even remember what it said on Matthew328's! Can you??

pirate4state
would it even show if a Moderator was put into the HOF under their name, or would it still just say "moderator"? I can't remember, but I think it had both when Matthew was still an admin.

pirate4state
03-25-2008, 04:05 PM
Who gets in?

Top X number of vote getters?

Anyone who receives X percentage of votes?

Last time this was done the top 2 nominees that received the most votes were inducted.

kepdawg
03-25-2008, 04:06 PM
I have already expressed my desire to p4 to see a more "official" HOF established. So I am not asking questions simply to be a pain in the butt. I do think the HOF and the process should be given much thought for the future.

crzyjournalist03
03-25-2008, 04:08 PM
I have already expressed my desire to p4 to see a more "official" HOF established. So I am not asking questions simply to be a pain in the butt. I do think the HOF and the process should be given much thought for the future.

I agree...I think some very valid questions have been raised so far, and it seems that we're working toward something more concrete!

kepdawg
03-25-2008, 04:11 PM
Last time this was done the top 2 nominees that received the most votes were inducted.

Last time one person was in control and originally stated the top 2 would be in his personal DL HOF. I am not saying I have a problem with it. Just saying that just because it was done a certain way before does not necessarily mean it should be done that way again.

Perhaps I am taking things too seriously...

pirate4state
03-25-2008, 04:13 PM
I agree...I think some very valid questions have been raised so far, and it seems that we're working toward something more concrete!

True. I'd like to see a section for HOF on the home page. That has been suggested. I'm sure we could do it, it would just take some programming by Admin.

Any & all suggestions will be considered.

pirate4state
03-25-2008, 04:14 PM
Last time one person was in control and originally stated the top 2 would be in his personal DL HOF. I am not saying I have a problem with it. Just saying that just because it was done a certain way before does not necessarily mean it should be done that way again.

Perhaps I am taking things too seriously...

Perhaps.

I'm just using it as a "guide". Nothing is set in stone.

Adidas410s
03-25-2008, 04:47 PM
I'm thinking we treat it similar to the MLB and/or NFL HOF's. A group of nominees is put together. It can be up to 10 to fit out polls. Then, multiple choice voting is allowed and anybody that receives a certain % (either 50, 66.7 or 75) gets into the HOF. It could be everybody, it could be nobody.

As an aside, I think it's an interesting thought that no mods/admin be in the HOF. However, the HOF is purely a symbolic position, voting is held privately, and voting SHOULDN'T be based on any mod/admin status or lack thereof. I would hope that a person's vote on the highest honor of the DL would be based on the candidate(s) and how well he/she carries out the true spirit and "mission" of the site.

3A Down Low has been established to provide a forum for the discussion of Texas Class 3A high school football and other topics...Our prime objective is to provide a clean, informative, and fun place for you to support your favorite team and to learn about other teams and towns across this great state. We hope you will find this site different from any other football site you’ve ever visited.

Instead of general nominations for the award...why not instead form a "committee" to nominate the finalists for the HOF??? I think a panel of 3 members, the 2 current HOF members and 2 mods/admins could put together a very good list that would be well received. One may be nominated, given a 2nd nomination, and voted upon. If they are a member of the committee, then they must abstain from voting on themselves as a potential candidate.

kepdawg
03-25-2008, 04:57 PM
I propose the establishment of an Official 3ADL Hall of Fame with a designated space on the home page of 3ADL. The HOF should serve as an area to recognize posters and other categories deemed HOF worthy by the posters of 3ADL.

I also propose that the Lowies be conducted in affiliation with said 3ADL HOF. A specific time should be set for the Lowies and HOF voting to occur on an annual basis (ie the first week of March).

Lowie catergories to be included should be decided upon and should be voted for on an annual basis. Lowie award winners should be recognized as such in the HOF area of 3ADL.

Specific guidelines should be set for HOF eligibility as well as the nomination and election process.

I propose a user name must be a member of 3ADL for a period of three years prior to eligibility for induction into 3ADL HOF. I propose the nomination process should consist of submission of 10 nominees per user name. The Top 10 nominees shall then be placed on the ballot. The Top 5 vote getters should be a part of said years 3ADL HOF class. There are currently 1619 members of 3ADL. This equates to .003% of the membership being elected to the HOF annually.

I propose that ownership/administration/moderation shall be automatically "grandfathered" into the 3ADL HOF.

I propose that in addition to the "Thread of the Year" that specific guidelines be formed to inlcude additional threads deemed HOF worthy by the posters of 3ADL in the HOF area.

I am tired of typing. This is intended to generate discussion. Feel free to discuss! You won't hurt my feelings!

Adidas410s
03-25-2008, 05:08 PM
I would also like to see a "Thread Hall of Fame" where threads can be "retired." Reading is allowed but no more posts or repeated bumps to keep them alive. This list would include (but is not limited to):

- Survivor Padre Island (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42929)

- 3ADL Pick'em Game (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47718)

- Team Association (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67063)

- Word Association (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1202), Trivia Question (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15160), Movie Game (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41809), Six Degrees (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40638), and other misc offseason threads

- any football game threads with 250+ replies and/or 5,000+ views + any others deemed necessary

kepdawg
03-25-2008, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I'm thinking we treat it similar to the MLB and/or NFL HOF's. A group of nominees is put together. It can be up to 10 I guess to fit out polls. Then, multiple choice voting is allowed and anybody that receives a certain % (either 50, 66.7 or 75) gets into the HOF.

As an aside, I think it's an interesting thought that no mods/admin be in the HOF. However, the HOF is purely a symbolic position, voting is held privately, and voting SHOULDN'T be based on any mod/admin status or lack thereof. I would hope that a person's vote on the highest honor of the DL would be based on the candidate(s) and how well they carry out the true spirit and "mission" of the site.

3A Down Low has been established to provide a forum for the discussion of Texas Class 3A high school football and other topics...Our prime objective is to provide a clean, informative, and fun place for you to support your favorite team and to learn about other teams and towns across this great state. We hope you will find this site different from any other football site you’ve ever visited.

Instead of general nominations for the award...why not instead form a "committee" to nominate the finalists for the HOF??? I think a panel of 3 members, the 2 current HOF members and 2 mods/admins could put together a very good list that would be well received. One may be nominated, given a 2nd nomination, and voted upon. If they are a member of the committee, then they must abstain from voting on themselves as a potential candidate.

The board is supposed to be clean? :thinking:

We've thrown out the two most likely ways of getting the voting done.

% like baseball or just a set number.

I like the idea of a committee to nominate the finalists.

I do think the initial general nominations need to be fairly broad (10 nominees per poster). The committee should choose finalists out of the top general nominees.

Instead of possibly excluding mods etc... I don't think we should even waste time on them. Just put them in!

kepdawg
03-25-2008, 05:11 PM
I would also like to see a "Thread Hall of Fame" where threads can be "retired." Reading is allowed but no more posts or repeated bumps to keep them alive. This list would include (but is not limited to):

- Survivor Padre Island (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42929)

- 3ADL Pick'em Game (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47718)

- Team Association (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67063)

- Word Association (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1202), Trivia Question (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15160), Movie Game (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41809), Six Degrees (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40638), and other misc offseason threads

- any football game threads with 250+ replies and/or 5,000+ views + any others deemed necessary

I definitely want to see this set up somehow! :clap:

Ranger Mom
03-25-2008, 07:26 PM
I definitely want to see this set up somehow! :clap:

I won't claim to understand the inner workings of this place. But it would seem it would be easy to set up if we did it like the M&G threads that are on the M&G link on the home page.

I did that one....with some "tweaking" help from P4S and LHPM!

CHS_CG
03-25-2008, 07:55 PM
I'm thinking we treat it similar to the MLB and/or NFL HOF's. A group of nominees is put together. It can be up to 10 to fit out polls. Then, multiple choice voting is allowed and anybody that receives a certain % (either 50, 66.7 or 75) gets into the HOF. It could be everybody, it could be nobody.

As an aside, I think it's an interesting thought that no mods/admin be in the HOF. However, the HOF is purely a symbolic position, voting is held privately, and voting SHOULDN'T be based on any mod/admin status or lack thereof. I would hope that a person's vote on the highest honor of the DL would be based on the candidate(s) and how well he/she carries out the true spirit and "mission" of the site.

I actually agree with Adidas! I really like this idea.

Adidas410s
03-25-2008, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I actually agree with Adidas! I really like this idea.
life's easier when you do! :p

CHS_CG
03-25-2008, 08:10 PM
life's easier when you do! :p

HEY NOW! Dont spoil the moment.. I dont agree with very many people!

Old Tiger
03-25-2008, 08:30 PM
I nominate Tiger WR

LH Panther Mom
03-25-2008, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I nominate Tiger WR
Well, isn't that just dandy. :doh: :doh:

LH Panther Mom
03-25-2008, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by jason
Are you kidding me????? :rolleyes: :doh:

I would hope that a person's vote on the highest honor of the DL would be based on the candidate(s) and how well he/she carries out the true spirit and "mission" of the site.

Why would it NOT be? :confused:

kepdawg
03-25-2008, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I nominate Tiger WR

Who? I don't even see that person on the member list. :confused:

Old Tiger
03-25-2008, 08:42 PM
Who? I don't even see that person on the member list. :confused: :devil: :D :p

Sweetwater Red
03-26-2008, 08:28 AM
Who? I don't even see that person on the member list. :confused:

I don't know who this Tiger WR was but I've ran across a few of
his posts on some old threads. He sure did seem to have a real
man crush on BBDE.:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
03-26-2008, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I don't know who this Tiger WR was but I've ran across a few of
his posts on some old threads. He sure did seem to have a real
man crush on BBDE.:thinking:
ROFL! :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

Adidas410s
03-26-2008, 08:51 AM
Are we going to get some clarification on how to handle this process??? Kep and I put together what I think are a few good "suggestions to go by. If we're going to keep doing the awards, we could at least establish regular timelines for them and guidelines for the 2 most important awards. So you don't have to dig through the sticky...here's what we came up with:

Hall of Fame Committee/Voting Proposal

Hall of Fame Proposal

I propose the establishment of an Official 3ADL Hall of Fame with a designated space on the home page of 3ADL. The HOF should serve as an area to recognize posters and other categories deemed HOF worthy by the posters of 3ADL.

I also propose that the Lowies be conducted in affiliation with said 3ADL HOF. A specific time should be set for the Lowies and HOF voting to occur on an annual basis (ie the first week of March).

Lowie catergories to be included should be decided upon and should be voted for on an annual basis. Lowie award winners should be recognized as such in the HOF area of 3ADL.

Specific guidelines should be set for HOF eligibility as well as the nomination and election process.

I propose a user name must be a member of 3ADL for a period of three years prior to eligibility for induction into 3ADL HOF. I propose the nomination process should consist of submission of 10 nominees per user name. The Top 10 nominees shall then be placed on the ballot. The Top 5 vote getters should be a part of said years 3ADL HOF class. There are currently 1619 members of 3ADL. This equates to .003% of the membership being elected to the HOF annually.

I propose that ownership/administration/moderation shall be automatically "grandfathered" into the 3ADL HOF.

I propose that in addition to the "Thread of the Year" that specific guidelines be formed to inlcude additional threads deemed HOF worthy by the posters of 3ADL in the HOF area.

I am tired of typing. This is intended to generate discussion. Feel free to discuss! You won't hurt my feelings!

Thread Hall of Fame Proposal

Adidas410s
03-26-2008, 09:58 AM
bump :mad:

Sweetwater Red
03-26-2008, 10:14 AM
Why don't we/they put you and Kep in charge of figuring it all
out and then ya'll run it by the powers that be?

Some of us don't want to help bake the bread...just help eat it.:thinking: :D

pirate4state
03-26-2008, 10:17 AM
It's gonna have to wait. I'm busy this morning!

DaHop72
03-26-2008, 10:19 AM
Like kep, I don't want to do alot of typing but I agree that since the Lowie's and HOF have become a staple of the downlow that they should be done the same time each year so that members will be able to give them some thought before they pop up at a different time each year. Also that there be set guidelines that members could look at and refresh their memory each year when it comes time for the nominations.

Sweetwater Red
03-26-2008, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Like kep, I don't want to do alot of typing but I agree that since the Lowie's and HOF have become a staple of the downlow that they should be done the same time each year so that members will be able to give them some thought before they pop up at a different time each year. Also that there be set guidelines that members could look at and refresh their memory each year when it comes time for the nominations.

I agree 100%....gag...cough...:devil:

When p4s gave a reminder, I didn't have time to put any thought
into who most deserved a nomination for each category. So, I didn't
nominate anyone for anything.:(

DaHop72
03-26-2008, 10:32 AM
I agree 100%....gag...cough...:devil:

When p4s gave a reminder, I didn't have time to put any thought
into who most deserved a nomination for each category. So, I didn't
nominate anyone for anything.:( :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: And you probably speak for alot of other posters as well.

Now don't go expecting anymore compliments for awhile.:devil:

Ranger Mom
03-26-2008, 10:39 AM
I am busy this morning myself and will be leaving at lunch for the rest of the day....so I probably won't even be back on until tonight.....(with my new high speed...YAY!!)

Adidas410s
03-26-2008, 10:47 AM
Why don't we/they put you and Kep in charge of figuring it all
out and then ya'll run it by the powers that be?

Some of us don't want to help bake the bread...just help eat it.:thinking: :D
sure...fine...great...wonderful...

I just think if we're going to do this...let's do it annually and do it right. None of this "oh hey we're taking nominations the next 2 days or until whenever I have a chance to count them and post a poll..." anymore. Some people miss out on it, others don't get nominations in, and when it's once every 21 months...I'm sure there are people that are confused as to what exactly is going on. Long and short...we need some guidance and direction. I'm more than willing to help in whatever way possible. You all know I don't mind typing and handling the details! :p

BobcatBenny
03-26-2008, 10:49 AM
Could you moderators let us know when you are leaving today? :D

You know, so that we don't waste our time trying to contact you or anything. ;)

kepdawg
03-26-2008, 10:54 AM
Time of the awards?

March is the easy way out because that's when we are doing them now. That gives us a year to get everything in order. Eligibility timeframe of March 1 - February 28/29.

Just after the state baseball tournament gives us a complete UIL atheltic year. Eligibility timeframe of 1 day after the state tournament - the end of the next state tournament.

Ranger Mom
03-26-2008, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny

I am leaving at noon.

BobcatBenny
03-26-2008, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I am leaving at noon.
One down, two to go. :devil:

STANG RED
03-26-2008, 11:01 AM
I really dont want to hear the labor pains. Just show me the baby.:D

Ranger Mom
03-26-2008, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I really dont want to hear the labor pains. Just show me the baby.:D

I have a sneaking suspicion that is the probably the way most of the board feels.

They don't want to hash and rehash it, they just want someone to tell them how it's gonna be and go from there!!!!

kepdawg
03-26-2008, 11:06 AM
I have a sneaking suspicion that is the probably the way most of the board feels.

They don't want to hash and rehash it, they just want someone to tell them how it's gonna be and go from there!!!!

And then they want to complain about it all later!

Ranger Mom
03-26-2008, 11:07 AM

The whiners are gonna whine NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!

BobcatBenny
03-26-2008, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I really dont want to hear the labor pains. Just show me the baby.:D Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Now I am confused. :confused:

Since when is Ranger Mom expecting? :eek:

kepdawg
03-26-2008, 11:09 AM
The whiners are gonna whine NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!

They'll whine a lot less if they actually give input when asked for it!

STANG RED
03-26-2008, 11:12 AM

You wont find any complaining about how this board is run among any of my posts. I just enjoy it for what it is, and try not to take any of it too seriously. If I ever quit enjoying it, I'll just quit coming around. :)

Adidas410s
03-26-2008, 11:19 AM

so if it matters to Kep and I more than the rest...can we take the reins on this???

pirate4state
03-26-2008, 11:22 AM
so if it matters to Kep and I more than the rest...can we take the reins on this??? I don't think it matters more to you & kep. I just think you two are being the most anal about it!

Ranger Mom
03-26-2008, 11:23 AM
so if it matters to Kep and I more than the rest...can we take the reins on this???

Honestly...that would suit me just fine!!

sahen
03-26-2008, 11:25 AM
i didnt realize those awards were that big of a deal? i thought it was just for fun...

Sweetwater Red
03-26-2008, 11:26 AM
I just think you two are being the most anal about it!

Where did this come from?:confused:

STANG RED
03-26-2008, 11:26 AM

ON YOUR MAAAARKS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,SEEEEE EEEEEEEEETTT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,GO!

kepdawg
03-26-2008, 11:27 AM
I don't think it matters more to you & kep. I just think you two are being the most anal about it!

Hey if people don't care that's fine with me!

pirate4state
03-26-2008, 11:28 AM
Where did this come from?:confused:

My head! I'm just a little distracted this morning!

LH Panther Mom
03-26-2008, 11:59 AM
bump :mad:
Why the hell did we need another thread when there has been a sticky about this for a couple of days?

Anyone that WANTS to give feedback, has suggestions, whatever, please feel free to do so. If you don't have any feedback, suggestions, whatever, that is perfectly fine too!

LH Panther Mom
03-26-2008, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny

I was already gone, but am now back. :p

Adidas410s
03-26-2008, 01:20 PM
Why the hell did we need another thread when there has been a sticky about this for a couple of days?

Anyone that WANTS to give feedback, has suggestions, whatever, please feel free to do so. If you don't have any feedback, suggestions, whatever, that is perfectly fine too!
to bring the attention to the forefront again. When a sticky gets so long...and doesn't include any clear information at the beginning...then people stop checking it to see what gets decided (not that anything did) 3 or 4 pages in. :rolleyes:

eppy 12
03-26-2008, 01:27 PM
Where did this come from?:confused: anal=butt;)

SintonFan
03-28-2008, 10:17 PM
The idea about said Moderators and Administrators being included into the Hall of Fame (HOF) immediately should be agreed upon as those members have sacrificed many many hours pursuing the Spirit of the Downlow in enforcing rules and generally being a pain to those who have made themselves a pain to civilized life in general(at least here in a somewhat civil facsimile of a world... lol).
In addition, the debate about said Moderators and Administrators being included in the HOF would immediately end once they are actually in said HOF. What is done will be irreversible and understood as such.
Those who oppose this immediate HOF rule application generally should be considered having an aversion to authority and should be understood in the context of making sounds like "WAHHH WHAAAAAH! WHAAAAAHHHH! :D
just my .02...

Emerson1
03-28-2008, 11:02 PM
For thread hall of fame you can't forget Rangers Moms Condom Story and the write the next line, they were voted the best threads of all time a few years ago

SintonFan
03-28-2008, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
For thread hall of fame you can't forget Rangers Moms Condom Story and the write the next line, they were voted the best threads of all time a few years ago
Great point.

crzyjournalist03
04-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Okay, the voting has been closed for the 9 categories Dre put up before he experienced some PC problems.

The Lowie's wouldn't be complete unless everyone was given the opportunity to vote on "thread of the year" and "HOF class of 2007" awards.

None of us know what has already been submitted, so we ask that you send your nominations for these 2 categories to any or all of the mods (me, LHPM and/or RM).

We will accept nominations until Thursday and then we'll put up the poll for voting on Friday.

Thanks.

Which Friday is the voting supposed to start on????

pirate4state
04-08-2008, 03:47 PM
Which Friday is the voting supposed to start on???? We didn't get very many nominations. :( In fact, we only received about 5 different nominations.

I know, I know...we didn't set up a "criteria". Well, there wasn't one before!

If ya'll need us to set up a criteria then we will accept no more than 3 nominations per poster and only 2 members will be "elected" into the HOF each year. :)

pirate4state
04-12-2008, 08:18 PM

Thanks.

Obviously, we dropped the ball on this one. :eek: :blush:

We've got a few noms for "thread of the year" so we'll get that poll up first thing Monday morning.

Then we'll announce the HOF inductees the following week. We will still accept nominations for HOF until April 18th.

:nerd: thanks :D