03-25-2008, 09:17 AM
http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2008-03/37063269.jpg

http://media.scout.com/media/image/53/532752.jpg

Reds fan
03-25-2008, 09:22 AM
A pictures worth a thousand words, ain't it?:eek:

injuredinmelee
03-25-2008, 09:25 AM
yeah that was a foul. they let a lot go in the waning moments but it does seem UCLA got the benefit of the doubt the majority of the time.

LH Panther Mom
03-25-2008, 09:28 AM
Maybe the third time will be the charm with this thread. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

kinda doubt it.....

Adidas410s
03-25-2008, 09:30 AM
It was a pretty loosely called game so I'm not too surprised this wasn't called. Then again...when you score 5 points in the final 10:09 of a game you should be excited to even have a shot to tie/win it at the end.

pirate4state
03-25-2008, 09:38 AM
:doh: :rolleyes: :doh: :helpme:

LH Panther Mom
03-25-2008, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:doh: :rolleyes: :doh: :helpme:
:clap: :thumbsup: Agreed!

DaHop72
03-25-2008, 09:39 AM
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2736/popcornbe1.gifhttp://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2736/popcornbe1.gif

Rocket Dad
03-25-2008, 09:41 AM
The better team won the game.

NastySlot
03-25-2008, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Rocket Dad
The better team won the game.

are you sure...a lot of people earlier in the weekend were claiming that this would be a Bruin blowout and not even close.....you could just as easliy say the team that got the most breaks won.....oh wait that what most are saying now.

NastySlot
03-25-2008, 10:22 AM
read this morning that UCLA has been getting calls all year through conference play and in the conference tourney.

Bull19
03-25-2008, 10:25 AM
you dont even have to read it. just watch the games. the proof is in the puddin. its pretty obvious

NastySlot
03-25-2008, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
you dont even have to read it. just watch the games. the proof is in the puddin. its pretty obvious

I try not to watch too much basketball....but this is the time of the year I start to have a little interest.

BreckTxLonghorn
03-25-2008, 10:29 AM
If you're at a point to where a ref's call/no-call decides a game, you didn't do enough to win.

Just my humble opinion.

Adidas410s
03-25-2008, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
read this morning that UCLA has been getting calls all year through conference play and in the conference tourney.

I read this morning that a baggage handling mistake at JFK ended up sending a dirty bomb into the St Louis airport.

article (http://www.theonion.com/content/news/baggage_handling_mix_up_sends)

Texasfootball2
03-25-2008, 10:51 AM
It's was definitley a foul, but the Aggies lost that game at the line. If they make some free throws in the last five minutes they would have had a five or six point lead at the end instead of a two point lead in the last minute. The officials basically swallowed their whistles the last ten minutes and allowed UCLA to beat the Aggies up inside. Yes, the Ags got screwed, but they also screwed themselves at the line.

ToroChingon
03-25-2008, 11:01 AM
Here comes theWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-25-2008, 12:25 PM
UCLA has gotten a couple of calls down the stretch, especially in conference play. The last two games were handed to them on controversial no-calls, but I'm not going to say that this one wasn't. Sloan was foolish to try to take it to the basket, that was not the play that was drawn up coming from the timeout. If I were UCLA's coach and I saw Sloan trying to take it to the rack, I would have told my players to foul him and make sure it's good enough to make him miss. Sloan is a poor shooter all around and the ball should not have been in his hands at the end of the game. It should not have came down to that one play anyways, we squandered our opportunity to win when we failed to score in the closing minutes of the game. It's not the refs fault, it is our own, but UCLA was definitely not the better team, we just beat ourselves. That's just my opinion, because I don't think that UCLA is that good of a team anyways and have yet to be impressed with them at all this season...

ctownlegend
03-25-2008, 12:38 PM
even tho i'm a big hook'em fan...i gotta admit...that was a foul...I watched the game and the truth of the matter is, it was a good no call, the calls all night had been inconsistent in the first place, even so, in the last moments...u dont call fouls...you let the players play, especially in a close game....

Old Tiger
03-25-2008, 12:39 PM
how many times does this get posted?

ToroChingon
03-25-2008, 12:40 PM
"OYE" means "HEAR" in Spanish. LOL!

OYE, me entiendes?

Rabbit'93
03-25-2008, 12:41 PM
I still say if this is the horns the crying would be 3X as bad.

Macarthur
03-25-2008, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
If you're at a point to where a ref's call/no-call decides a game, you didn't do enough to win.

Just my humble opinion.

Happens all the time. Most of these games are very close at the end; there is no question that a call or non-call can have a huge impact on a game. The problem that I have is that the general feeling is that a ref will swallow the whistle at the end of a game. If it's a foul with 5 mintues to go until half, then it should be a foul with 3 seconds.

While it's true the Aggies blew some opportunities to get a bigger lead, it still does not justify that they had 3 really bad calls go against them late in that game. And they really weren't close calls that could have gone the other way:
-You had a ball clearly bounce off a UCLA player out of bounds with two officials standing a looking at the play give the ball to UCLA.
-You had a foul call changed to an offensive foul when there was a scrum for possession that denied JJones, one the aggies best FT shooters, FT attempts.
-Then the picture above.

And that doesn't really address the 8 or 10 blocks that UCLA had in the 2nd half. Look, some of those probably were clean, but you're not telling me a team can have 10 clean blocks in a half and some of those not result in fouls.

And everyone that mentions that A&M went through a scoring drought, remember that was while UCLA was getting all those blocks. A&M was taking the ball to the rack; they just weren't getting any calls. Any time the refs swallow their whistle, it will always favor the team that is trying to make a comback because they are having to be more aggressive.

So your logic is if you make mistakes, the refs should pile on and exaserbate the issue by favoring the other team? That argument makes no sense. If you miss free throws, that should affect how the refs call the remainder of the game?

buff4life
03-25-2008, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
I still say if this is the horns the crying would be 3X as bad.

we wouldn't have been in that situation...

Bull19
03-25-2008, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
we wouldn't have been in that situation...

prove it ;)

zebrablue2
03-25-2008, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
It's was definitley a foul, but the Aggies lost that game at the line. If they make some free throws in the last five minutes they would have had a five or six point lead at the end instead of a two point lead in the last minute. The officials basically swallowed their whistles the last ten minutes and allowed UCLA to beat the Aggies up inside. Yes, the Ags got screwed, but they also screwed themselves at the line.

well said.

Old Tiger
03-25-2008, 01:08 PM
prove it ;)

http://www.youtube.com/v/E3j4p8OTc5c&hl=en

pirate4state
03-25-2008, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
how many times does this get posted?

this is at least the 4th thread. i hope it's the last! :rolleyes:

Bull19
03-25-2008, 01:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/v/E3j4p8OTc5c&hl=en

that was then, this is now.

i swear texas fans can go 0-12 and still talk more crap than anybody. and 95% didnt even go to the school

JasperDog94
03-25-2008, 01:56 PM
we wouldn't have been in that situation... Texas could easily be in that position if they don't start shooting better from the line.

buff4life
03-25-2008, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Texas could easily be in that position if they don't start shooting better from the line.

very true but since it was a typical aggie choke either way i just felt like being argumentative...

ToroChingon
03-25-2008, 02:16 PM
that was then, this is now.

i swear texas fans can go 0-12 and still talk more crap than anybody. and 95% didnt even go to the school

TEXAS does not go 0-12, EVER.

I graduated in the Centennial Class of The University.

LH Panther Mom
03-25-2008, 02:33 PM
very true but since it was a typical aggie choke either way i just felt like being argumentative...
Here......I'll say it. 12-7

Come on people! :rolleyes:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Here......I'll say it. 12-7

Come on people! :rolleyes:

Actually, the most common game played resulted in an Aggie 38-30 win in convincing fashion. Actually, it was a donkey-stomping since people like to use that word here so much lately. :)

LH Panther Mom
03-25-2008, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Actually, the most common game played resulted in an Aggie 38-30 win in convincing fashion.
That works too. (Just contributing to the dead-horse beating :devil: )

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-25-2008, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
That works too. (Just contributing to the dead-horse beating :devil: )

Contrary to popular belief, beating a dead-horse if quite fulfilling. Not only does it burn calories and raise your heart rate, but it is an enjoyable hobby that is rated "E" for "Everyone." The question is, why wouldn't you beat a dead horse?

Old Tiger
03-25-2008, 02:43 PM
Actually, the most common game played resulted in an Aggie 38-30 win in convincing fashion. Actually, it was a donkey-stomping since people like to use that word here so much lately. :) Correction.

Donkey Stomp = 21 point victory
Donkey Show = 35 point victory

It'll take at least 37 years for A&M to tie the series.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-25-2008, 02:45 PM
Correction.

Donkey Stomp = 21 point victory
Donkey Show = 35 point victory

Just because you're the leading authority on donkey love doesn't mean that you are the leading authority on the margin of victory. Find another thread, poser.

pirate4state
03-25-2008, 02:47 PM
Just because you're the leading authority on donkey love doesn't mean that you are the leading authority on the margin of victory. Find another thread, poser.

LMAO!!!

Old Tiger
03-25-2008, 02:47 PM
Just because you're the leading authority on donkey love doesn't mean that you are the leading authority on the margin of victory. Find another thread, poser. Nice one Gary. :clap:

zebrablue2
03-25-2008, 07:07 PM

ROFLMAO...

Necks_Fan
03-25-2008, 07:22 PM
OKAY. I'll say it again. In the last 5 or so minutes of a tight NCAA tourney game, the refs swallow their whistles because the fans across the NATION (not just College Station) don't want games decided on a no call or a whistle. Get over it; also the #1 seed is always going to get the benefit of the doubt. Yes UCLA has gotten some good calls and yea, that was a foul but they're not going to call it unless he gets thrown to the ground or unless it was intentional. I figured maybe ya'll had seen the light and understood but I guess not. Here, let me get a towel so you can cry some more.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-25-2008, 10:31 PM
TTT

sotex
03-25-2008, 10:34 PM
As Jim Rome says " Scoreboard" score more points than the other team and QUIT CRYING!!!!!!!!!!!!

navscanmaster
03-25-2008, 10:38 PM
No shortage of haters out there BBDE. You would think that they would stand up for their Texas teams, right? Hell, I am going for Texas all the way because they are my second favorite team, even though I have been an Aggie fan since birth practically (literally pictures somewhere of me in maroon infant gear). I just hope that something like that doesn't happen to the Longhorns in the near future, or we may see some of the same coming from those who are having fun trashing the Aggies now.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-25-2008, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by sotex
As Jim Rome says " Scoreboard" score more points than the other team and QUIT CRYING!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're crying about other people crying. It's like the pot calling the kettle black.....hypocrite. :mad:

sotex
03-25-2008, 10:43 PM
How am I crying? You lost face it.

sotex
03-25-2008, 10:46 PM
And why should I cry about aggies losing?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-25-2008, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by sotex
And why should I cry about aggies losing?

You're crying about other people crying. I'm not crying, you should read what I posted earlier pertaining to the game. I placed the blame on nobody but ourselves. I'm just trying to give you a hard time, no need to get all defensive. ;)

crabman
03-25-2008, 11:24 PM
but they're not going to call it unless he gets thrown to the ground or unless it was intentional

Jeez, look at the tape. He was almost flipped onto his head.

Jay Bilas was on the Dan Patrick show this week just railing on that refereeing crew. He said it was pathetic the way they let UCLA maul the Aggies inside. He also said what was said here earlier. It is hard to score in that 10 minute stretch when, every time down the court, the refs allow Kevin Love to just maul everybody inside.

This would be like the Aggies getting to pound the Longhorn wide receivers two seconds before the pass got to them so that they were flat on their back by the time the ball got there. Hey, if the ref doesn't blow the whistle, it must be okay. But you know if Texas had just run the ball better it wouldn't have gotten down to those pass plays. Stupid arguments for stupid people.

mwynn05
03-25-2008, 11:33 PM
you say let the players decide but if you dont call a clear foul arent the officials deciding the game there?

navscanmaster
03-25-2008, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by crabman
This would be like the Aggies getting to pound the Longhorn wide receivers two seconds before the pass got to them so that they were flat on their back by the time the ball got there. Hey, if the ref doesn't blow the whistle, it must be okay. But you know if Texas had just run the ball better it wouldn't have gotten down to those pass plays. Stupid arguments for stupid people .

:clap: :clap: :clap:

JasperDog94
03-26-2008, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05
you say let the players decide but if you dont call a clear foul arent the officials deciding the game there? Agreed. I hate to see a game end this way.:(

3ABirdMan
03-26-2008, 07:16 AM
Let me reiterate an earlier point:

If it's a foul in the FIRST two minutes of the game, it's a foul in the LAST two minutes of the game. That's why we have rules. PERIOD! :mad: