PDA

View Full Version : Jason Kidd trade....

rockdale80
03-25-2008, 07:22 AM
Still think it is worth it. Mavs are 3-6 against the West since the trade and 0-7 against teams with a winning record. Hmm....:mad:

injuredinmelee
03-25-2008, 09:03 AM
they werent playing so hot before the trade either.

LH Panther Mom
03-25-2008, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
0-7 against teams with a winning record. Hmm....:mad:
Sounds like they need to schedule some easier competition. :evilgrin:

waterboy
03-25-2008, 09:18 AM
Anytime you make a trade during the season there's a chance the team chemistry won't jell. I don't think it has as much to do with the talent level as it does team chemistry. Unfortunately, this particular trade didn't get this team over the hump. I think, if given time, this trade could work for them next season, but I still think the Mavericks are 1 or 2 big-time players away from being serious contenders.

Bull19
03-25-2008, 10:02 AM
the trade they made was a good one for kidd.

Texasfootball2
03-25-2008, 10:28 AM
It's easy to judge right now that it was a bad trade, but I still think it's to early to judge and here's why I say that.

Unlike the Lakers who's trade for Gasol seems to be have a more positive affect, you can't compare the Kidd trade to the Gasol trade because it's apples and oranges. Gasol is a post player. It is easy to insert a post player into an offense in the middle of the season and have instant success because there's not much to learn and you are playing without the ball, this would be like inserting a RB into an offense in the middle of the season. Just get him the ball and let him do what he does best.

Totally different situation when you try to insert a Point Gaurd in the middle of the season. The whole offense has to go through him and it takes some time to gell and for everyone to get use to playing with each other. This would be like trade for a QB in the middle of the year and immediatley inserting him into the offense. There will always be some moments of success but it just takes time to develop some consistancy.

At the moment the Mavs have had Kidd about the same amount of time as a training camp and he's having to learn it on the run, and with the loss of Dirk the Mavs only chance to stay in the playoff race is for Kidd to play like he's capable of playing and get Howard and Stackhouse to become scoring machines.

I liked the Kidd trade when it happened and like most people I have to agree that it hasn't excatly gone as we had hoped and exspected, but I have been very dissappointed with his shooting. In fact, his shooting has been a joke. He needs to go back to take the rock down the lane and either drawing a foul or dishing it off for the open jumper.

If Howard is truely one of the best players in the league then this is his chance to step up and carry this team for the next two weeks and get them into the playoffs. At that point anything can happen.

crzyjournalist03
03-25-2008, 11:22 AM
What is Harris doing in New Jersey?

Texasfootball2
03-25-2008, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

He's playing pretty well since he got healthy. I love Harris and he will be a quality player in the league for a long time but the Mavs weren't going to a championship with him so they took a chance on winning one with the Kidd trade. So far the critics are having a field day, but it's not over yet. Two weeks from now these same critics with could be singing Kidds praises if the Mavs get hot with Dirk out and make the playoffs.

Critics are just like fair weather fans. They harp on what ever seems to be going on at the present. UCONN was get so much praise going into the tournament because of there play in the so called tough Big East conference, and now these same critics are saying how they were overrated after getting eliminated in the first round. Same thing goes for Georgetown.

The Mavs did the same thing that the Yankees and Red Sox have been doing the past decade. Play to win right now because in todays sports world you can't play for the future because athletes have the ability to move from team to team even when their under contract. I say go for it now and hope it works out.

Emerson1
03-25-2008, 01:42 PM
Terrible from the stats I saw. Shooting like 5 3's a game at 24% and shooting a low overall %

Necks_Fan
03-25-2008, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
It's easy to judge right now that it was a bad trade, but I still think it's to early to judge and here's why I say that.

Unlike the Lakers who's trade for Gasol seems to be have a more positive affect, you can't compare the Kidd trade to the Gasol trade because it's apples and oranges. Gasol is a post player. It is easy to insert a post player into an offense in the middle of the season and have instant success because there's not much to learn and you are playing without the ball, this would be like inserting a RB into an offense in the middle of the season. Just get him the ball and let him do what he does best.

Totally different situation when you try to insert a Point Gaurd in the middle of the season. The whole offense has to go through him and it takes some time to gell and for everyone to get use to playing with each other. This would be like trade for a QB in the middle of the year and immediatley inserting him into the offense. There will always be some moments of success but it just takes time to develop some consistancy.

At the moment the Mavs have had Kidd about the same amount of time as a training camp and he's having to learn it on the run, and with the loss of Dirk the Mavs only chance to stay in the playoff race is for Kidd to play like he's capable of playing and get Howard and Stackhouse to become scoring machines.

I liked the Kidd trade when it happened and like most people I have to agree that it hasn't excatly gone as we had hoped and exspected, but I have been very dissappointed with his shooting. In fact, his shooting has been a joke. He needs to go back to take the rock down the lane and either drawing a foul or dishing it off for the open jumper.

If Howard is truely one of the best players in the league then this is his chance to step up and carry this team for the next two weeks and get them into the playoffs. At that point anything can happen. You are completely wrong on this one. LA's offense is among the hardest in the league (Triangle) and so you don;t just throw Gasol in there and it work like magic, plus Gasol and Bynum have both missed time as well. Just give kidd his time. It will work better, but his problem now is he's trying to get 30 assists a game and not score. The Mavs need him to score 15ppg to win before Dirk went down. That's their problem. They will play better but they had better get it together to even make the playoffs the way Denver is playing dropping 120 on everybody.

kepdawg
03-25-2008, 05:19 PM

Stats are up but shooting percentage is down across the board.

Necks_Fan
03-25-2008, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Stats are up but shooting percentage is down across the board. That's because in NJ they are all about ME and their own stats. That's why they suck because they don't share the ball like other teams do so his individual stats are up but Fg % down because of less ball movement and more solo bball thinking. It's not that they don;t have the talent, it's that they won't do the little things and they look for their own shots not their teammates.

coach
03-25-2008, 07:37 PM
my response is pending on post season productivity

PHS Wildcats
03-25-2008, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Still think it is worth it. Mavs are 3-6 against the West since the trade and 0-7 against teams with a winning record. Hmm....:mad:

actually it's 0-8 against teams with winning records

sotex
03-25-2008, 10:17 PM
the Dallas Mavs will not make the playoffs this year. Lottery Bound!

Emerson1
03-25-2008, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by sotex
the Dallas Mavs will not make the playoffs this year. Lottery Bound!
Nothing wrong with that. I saw some figure and it came out to them having a 1% chance to win it all, that was before the collapse.

sotex
03-25-2008, 10:38 PM
Yeah that's right Mav's fans
Just sit there and watch the Spurs win another championship!

coach
03-25-2008, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Nothing wrong with that. I saw some figure and it came out to them having a 1% chance to win it all, that was before the collapse.

at the half way point sports illustrated picked them mavs to win it all

rockdale80
03-26-2008, 08:02 AM
I thought the reason for the trade was so he could have an immediate impact, and give the mavs a chance to win it all this year. I still believe it was a bad trade.

Texasfootball2
03-26-2008, 08:52 AM
"At the moment the Mavs have had Kidd about the same amount of time as a training camp and he's having to learn it on the run, and with the loss of Dirk the Mavs only chance to stay in the playoff race is for Kidd to play like he's capable of playing and get Howard and Stackhouse to become scoring machines".

I cut and pasted the comment above. It was part of a post I made.

Last night: Howard 32 pts
Stackhouse 20 pts
Kidd 10 pts, 8 assist, 6 rebounds
This is a must for them to make the playoffs******

Dampier - 19 pts & 17 rebounds -*No way they can count on this happening on a consistant basis, but I was impressed with Dampier play and aggresive attitude last night. They will need for him to continue to bang the boards.

The did get a well needed win, but it was the Clippers and by only 13. Next two games will indicate the Mavs playoff future for this year. No way they beat Denver or Golden State on the road if they have two long scoring dry spells in the game like they did last night, 0-12 at one point in the second quater.

rockdale80
03-26-2008, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
"At the moment the Mavs have had Kidd about the same amount of time as a training camp and he's having to learn it on the run, and with the loss of Dirk the Mavs only chance to stay in the playoff race is for Kidd to play like he's capable of playing and get Howard and Stackhouse to become scoring machines".

I cut and pasted the comment above. It was part of a post I made.

Last night: Howard 32 pts
Stackhouse 20 pts
Kidd 10 pts, 8 assist, 6 rebounds
This is a must for them to make the playoffs******

Dampier - 19 pts & 17 rebounds -*No way they can count on this happening on a consistant basis, but I was impressed with Dampier play and aggresive attitude last night. They will need for him to continue to bang the boards.

The did get a well needed win, but it was the Clippers and by only 13. Next two games will indicate the Mavs playoff future for this year. No way they beat Denver or Golden State on the road if they have two long scoring dry spells in the game like they did last night, 0-12 at one point in the second quater.

Kidd 10 pts, 8 assist, 6 rebounds---and that is a good game against the Clippers? Come on now. He hasn't lived up to the hype and we all know it. Good thing he has his youth and many more yea.....wait.

:(