PDA

View Full Version : Marlin HC

Gobbla2001
08-20-2003, 04:04 PM
Listened to his interview on TexasHSFootball and he sounded like a pretty good guy...

You guys feel the same over there in Marlin?

Oh, and what's the history behind the name 'Marlin'? Someone's last name? Someone catch a lot of Marlins from there? Just always wanted to know, I'm really not trying to be an arse!

FranksBullDog
08-20-2003, 05:03 PM
His players believe in him and they win because he tells them they can even when he puts them behind the 8 ball with fourth down plays in his end of the field in the fourth quarter.Overall he does a very good job with one of the smaller AAAschools in the playoffs each year.In addition their schedule is always loaded with play-off teams every year.

FranksBullDog
08-20-2003, 05:04 PM
His players believe in him and they win because he tells them they can even when he puts them behind the 8 ball with fourth down plays in his end of the field in the fourth quarter.Overall he does a very good job with one of the smaller AAAschools in the playoffs each year.In addition their schedule is always loaded with play-off teams every year.

MARLINFAN
08-20-2003, 05:15 PM
i always felt that coach malone was a great coach. i just didt understand why we didt not kick ythe field goal at the end of the bellville game. alot of the playeers felt the same way and just put it to the side because the coaches told them to. but thats my opinion. overall i would give coach malone a 10. i just think that sometimes he makes the wrong decision and the whole town, team, faculity, and students pay for it.

Chris Hart
08-20-2003, 09:14 PM
I'm sure there were plenty of players from Marlin that were in Coach Malone's ear saying "Let us go for it Coach, we can get it", in the instance against Bellville last season. There may be some players who wanted to kick the FG, but I would venture to say that most of the kids wanted to 'go for it', at least that"s the way it was back when I was playing and I doubt that it has changed. Coach Malone does a GREAT job in Marlin. Marlin should thank their lucky stars that they have Coach Malone.IMO :)

cunbed10
08-21-2003, 01:56 PM
Hey! I'll tell you what; if I was going to war I wouldn't mind having "The Big Dog" Jerry Malone on my side, I would go to war with this guy, everytime, I know how he feels about the kids, the Program, and the town of Marlin, hats off to the Big Dogg, now lets get ready for a good season. :D