PDA

View Full Version : Hey Sw Red...what's going on at Michigan???

Adidas410s
03-24-2008, 10:44 AM
You had to know this wouldn't stay off the 3ADL forever! ;)

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/academics/stories/index.ssf/2008/03/opinion.html

Sweetwater Red
03-24-2008, 10:54 AM
Oh great! Now I gotta go dig two holes next to Jimmy Hoffa for Harbaugh and Ed Petykiewicz .:mad:

What it doesn't tell you is that Petykiewicz is a OSU alum.:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
03-24-2008, 11:16 AM
"For people who know the situation there, this is really not news. As a high school coach, I am well aware of athletes who have been admitted to UM with borderline academic credentials from high school; had they gone through the normal admissions process, they would have never been admitted. Once they are in, many become "general studies" or "kinesiology" majors, code names for watered down, academically soft programs. UM is not much better than any of the other college athletic factories when it comes to making it easy for star athletes to stay eligible."

:rolleyes: Like this is news? I'm sure the same can be said for many colleges across the country. :doh: (Maurice Clarett anyone?)

Sweetwater Red
03-24-2008, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
"For people who know the situation there, this is really not news. As a high school coach, I am well aware of athletes who have been admitted to UM with borderline academic credentials from high school; had they gone through the normal admissions process, they would have never been admitted. Once they are in, many become "general studies" or "kinesiology" majors, code names for watered down, academically soft programs. UM is not much better than any of the other college athletic factories when it comes to making it easy for star athletes to stay eligible."

:rolleyes: Like this is news? I'm sure the same can be said for many colleges across the country. :doh: (Maurice Clarett anyone?)

:kiss:

How you like them apples Ad?:D :devil:

Adidas410s
03-24-2008, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
:kiss:

How you like them apples Ad?:D :devil:
It's just like the phone call issue with Kelvin Sampson. Everybody bends/breaks the rules...but it's the ones who get caught that look bad in public! ;) Poor Sampson...he got busted because the NCAA showed up in Norman because of Mr Stoops and his bunch...and then they found it easier to take down basketball than OU football.