PDA

View Full Version : Port Aransas?

Tenthehardway
03-23-2008, 10:49 PM
Ok you South Texas folks, why doesn't PA have a football team, and what would it take to get one? Do the people there want one? What gives?

FutureAD
03-24-2008, 12:03 AM
i dont think there is enough interest in port a to have a football team i dont even think there is any room to build a field...but i think there just is no interest with the kids they much rather just go to the beach and surf its more just a basketball town

Bull Butter
03-24-2008, 12:36 AM
Port Aransas High School opened during the 1979-80 school year with only a Basketball program( a pretty good one, especially on the Girls side). Their successes in hoops and lack of facilities has been the reason a Football program has never been implemented.

I know when I was growing up, the kids from Agua Dulce would have LOVED to get them out on the football field, but it never happened:(

Tenthehardway
03-24-2008, 12:49 AM
Bull, you must be an old timer. It's been quite awhile since kids from Agua Dulce wanted to get ANYONE on a football field.

Bull Butter
03-24-2008, 12:53 AM
AD has been down the past few years, but hopefully that will get turned around with their new coach (who is an AD graduate)

Johnny Utah
03-24-2008, 09:26 AM
Bull, that is no Bull. AD will get going again with the legend returning!!!

Maroon87
03-24-2008, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
AD has been down the past few years, but hopefully that will get turned around with their new coach (who is an AD graduate)

Gronbach isn't there anymore?:confused:

Phil C
03-24-2008, 10:19 AM
Port Aransas also has a good tennis program. I know they also have a softball program but I am not sure about baseball.