PDA

View Full Version : Rockets go from 1st to 5th in the West.

Necks_Fan
03-23-2008, 12:19 PM
In a 4 game stretch.

They have lost 3 of 4 and after the loss to Phoenix 122-113 Houston has dropped to 5th.

Thoughts?

Astrosdawg07
03-23-2008, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
In a 4 game stretch.

They have lost 3 of 4 and after the loss to Phoenix 122-113 Houston has dropped to 5th.

Thoughts?

The west is a :foul:

Sweetwater Red
03-23-2008, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
The west is a :foul:

To quote Mike Lupica from The sports reporters this morning.

"The top three teams in the east are as good as any in the west".

I'm just glad ya'll have to beat each other up in the early rounds.:devil:

Gobbla2001
03-23-2008, 01:00 PM
maybe top two, but three? pshhhh

Emerson1
03-23-2008, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
maybe top two, but three? pshhhh
Yep, Pistons and Celtics, no magic

Sweetwater Red
03-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Both of you may have a point. Their records against the WC.

Boston 23-5
Detroit 19-8
Orlando 14-13

:thinking:

JasperDog94
03-24-2008, 10:58 AM
That game against the Suns reminded me of Shaq when he was with the lakers. Here are the rules of guarding Shaq:

1. If you touch Shaq, that's a foul.
2. If Shaq knocks you to the floor on his way to the basket, that's a foul on you.
3. In the event that Shaq runs over you and there is no foul called, just be glad that you can still walk. (By the way, that should have been a foul on you.)
4. If Shaq is going for a rebound, get out of his way. Do not impede him in any way or it will be a foul on you.

McGrady was going to the rim, getting hammered and there was no call. On one play in particular, Shaq grabbed an offensive rebound, elbowed Mutumbo back several feet, dunked the ball and Mutumbo was called for a foul.

Have I mentioned how great it is to have Shaq back in the Western Conference?
:rolleyes: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Maroon87
03-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
That game against the Suns reminded me of Shaq when he was with the lakers. Here are the rules of guarding Shaq:

1. If you touch Shaq, that's a foul.
2. If Shaq knocks you to the floor on his way to the basket, that's a foul on you.
3. In the event that Shaq runs over you and there is no foul called, just be glad that you can still walk. (By the way, that should have been a foul on you.)
4. If Shaq is going for a rebound, get out of his way. Do not impede him in any way or it will be a foul on you.

McGrady was going to the rim, getting hammered and there was no call. On one play in particular, Shaq grabbed an offensive rebound, elbowed Mutumbo back several feet, dunked the ball and Mutumbo was called for a foul.

Have I mentioned how great it is to have Shaq back in the Western Conference?
:rolleyes: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Apparently, the Rockets need to learn how to flop better. From what I'm learning on the downlow, that is the key to NBA success.:crazy:

JasperDog94
03-24-2008, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Apparently, the Rockets need to learn how to flop better. From what I'm learning on the downlow, that is the key to NBA success.:crazy: If the refs buy into it, then it's a great tactic to use.

Phil C
03-24-2008, 11:56 AM
The NBA wants the final 2 to be LA and Boston. Watch to see that officials don't do their best to make that happen. It is for the rating$.

LH Panther Mom
03-24-2008, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
The NBA wants the final 2 to be LA and Boston. Watch to see that officials don't do their best to make that happen. It is for the rating$. :confused: :confused: Do you seriously think that? :crazy1:

Sweetwater Red
03-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
The NBA wants the final 2 to be LA and Boston. Watch to see that officials don't do their best to make that happen. It is for the rating$.

Hmmmm, I've always heard the mafia runs the NBA. Is that true?
You should know right?:thinking: ;)

crzyjournalist03
03-24-2008, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:confused: :confused: Do you seriously think that? :crazy1:

JR2004 has brainwashed Phil! ;)

Sweetwater Red
03-24-2008, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
JR2004 has brainwashed Phil! ;)

Into thinking Bird and Johnson are still playing?:confused: :D

Bull's-eye
03-24-2008, 12:35 PM
IMO, the NBA refs have been terrible. In the Phx/Hou game they allowed Shaq to bulldoze his way to the basket. Poor Mutombo got elbowed to the face and was called for the foul. Scola lets a man go by without touching him and got called for the foul. I'm not just being a homer, because I have seen many calls go the Rockets way that shouldn't of been called. In the Hou/GS game, Houston clearly kicks the ball out of bounds, but the Refs give the ball to the Rockets. Baron Davis argues the call and gets a technical. The worst calls are when a player drives to the basket, doesn't even get touched, but the refs blows the whistle. I think the refs should take their time and make the right call, instead of inticipating a call with a quick whistle.