4. Cleveland Tarkington 16
4. Tex Pleasant Grove 16
7. Atlanta 14
7. Commerce 14
7. Everman 14

The next standings should be out after the basketball playoffs

toby070
01-28-2002, 08:58 AM
Both Wimberley girls and boys basketball are good enough to at least go a couple of rounds in the playoffs, so they should add to that, looks like they have a decent chance of winning it for the second time in three years.

Old Cardinal
01-28-2002, 01:55 PM
To Matt 328, You are showing a lot of class---this rankings really shows a lot about the overall emphasis of academics and assorted girls & boys sports! It's interesting that Wimberly, Bellville, Bridge City and Texark. Pleasent Grove went a number of rounds in the football playoffs-yet they are in the top five rankings for 3A. That ought to hush the critics that claim your town is only interested in football. Bridge City was on line to possibly win the State Softball Championship but Laura Gremillion our ace Jr. pitcher has taken a bad back injury and will not be back till next year: maybe our academics scholars can keep them highly rated.

rwhite
01-28-2002, 09:03 PM
ok i think i know but will sombody please clear up for me what this lone star thing is and how they get points?

alanclay37
01-29-2002, 08:39 PM
Hey cardninal, why is it interesting that Wimberley is up to win the cup? They went 4 rounds into the playoffs in football and won state in volleyball. Wimberley is a very underated school they have won the cup before and come very close several times. Wimberley has dominated their district in almost every sport, every year. They will win that cup hands down this year. All sports look promising this year. Watch the baseball team.

Old Cardinal
01-30-2002, 05:47 PM
To: R. White Look at the search engine- 'Google' and enter Lone Star Cup- the UIL rules are explained in detail.....To the Wimberley person-Cong'ts. to your high school- sounds like you are doing a great job...I am just happy for ANY school being in the top ten! It's a great honor that should be a goal for any school!