PDA

View Full Version : Tips on saving Gas!!!

PHS Wildcats
03-22-2008, 01:22 PM
Something I saw on another message board. I haven't tried any of the tips out yet, don't know how much it will help, but hey it can't hurt.

I don't know what you guys are paying for gasoline.... but here in
California we are also paying higher, up to $3.50 per gallon. But my line of work is in petroleum for about 31 years now, so here are sometricks to get more of your money's worth for every gallon..

Here at the Kinder Morgan Pipeline where I work in San Jose , CA we deliver about 4 million gallons in a 24-hour period thru the pipeline. One day is diesel the next day is jet fuel, and gasoline, regular and premium grades. We have 34-storage tanks here with a total capacity of 16,800,000 gallons.

Only buy or fill up your car or truck in the early morning when the
ground temperature is still cold. Remember that all service stati ons have their storage tanks buried below ground. The colder the ground the more dense the gasoline, when it gets warmer gasoline expands, so buying in the afternoon or in the evening....your gallon is not exactly a gallon. In the petroleum business, the specific gravity and the temperature of the gasoline, diesel and jet fuel, ethanol and other petroleum products plays an important role.

A 1-degree rise in temperature is a big deal for this business. But the service stations do not have temperature compensation at the pumps.

When you're filling up do not squeeze the trigger of the nozzle to a fast mode. If you look you will see that the trigger has three(3)stages: low, middle, and high. In slow mode you should be pumping on low speed, thereby minimizing the vapors that are created while you are pumping. All hoses at the pump have a vapor return. If you are> pumping on the fast rate, some other liquid that goes to your tank becomes vapor. Those vapors are being sucked up and back into the underground storage tank so you're getting less worth for your money.

One of the most important tips is to fill up when your gas tank is HALF FULL or HALF EMPTY. The reason for this is, the more gas you have in your tank the less air occupying its empty space. Gasoline evaporates faster than you can imagine. Gasoline storage tanks have an internal floating roof. This roof serves as zero clearance between the gas and the atmosphere, so it minimizes the evaporation. Unlike service stations, here where I work, every truck that we load is temperature compensated so that every gallon is actually the exact amount.

Another reminder, if there is a gasoline truck pumping into the storage tanks when you stop to buy gas, DO NOT fill up--most likely the gasoline is being stirred up as the gas is being delivered, and you might pick up some of the dirt that normally settles on the bottom. Hope this will help you get the most value for your money.

Necks_Fan
03-22-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
Something I saw on another message board. I haven't tried any of the tips out yet, don't know how much it will help, but hey it can't hurt.

I don't know what you guys are paying for gasoline.... but here in
California we are also paying higher, up to $3.50 per gallon. But my line of work is in petroleum for about 31 years now, so here are sometricks to get more of your money's worth for every gallon..

Here at the Kinder Morgan Pipeline where I work in San Jose , CA we deliver about 4 million gallons in a 24-hour period thru the pipeline. One day is diesel the next day is jet fuel, and gasoline, regular and premium grades. We have 34-storage tanks here with a total capacity of 16,800,000 gallons.

Only buy or fill up your car or truck in the early morning when the
ground temperature is still cold. Remember that all service stati ons have their storage tanks buried below ground. The colder the ground the more dense the gasoline, when it gets warmer gasoline expands, so buying in the afternoon or in the evening....your gallon is not exactly a gallon. In the petroleum business, the specific gravity and the temperature of the gasoline, diesel and jet fuel, ethanol and other petroleum products plays an important role.

A 1-degree rise in temperature is a big deal for this business. But the service stations do not have temperature compensation at the pumps.

When you're filling up do not squeeze the trigger of the nozzle to a fast mode. If you look you will see that the trigger has three(3)stages: low, middle, and high. In slow mode you should be pumping on low speed, thereby minimizing the vapors that are created while you are pumping. All hoses at the pump have a vapor return. If you are> pumping on the fast rate, some other liquid that goes to your tank becomes vapor. Those vapors are being sucked up and back into the underground storage tank so you're getting less worth for your money.

One of the most important tips is to fill up when your gas tank is HALF FULL or HALF EMPTY. The reason for this is, the more gas you have in your tank the less air occupying its empty space. Gasoline evaporates faster than you can imagine. Gasoline storage tanks have an internal floating roof. This roof serves as zero clearance between the gas and the atmosphere, so it minimizes the evaporation. Unlike service stations, here where I work, every truck that we load is temperature compensated so that every gallon is actually the exact amount.

Another reminder, if there is a gasoline truck pumping into the storage tanks when you stop to buy gas, DO NOT fill up--most likely the gasoline is being stirred up as the gas is being delivered, and you might pick up some of the dirt that normally settles on the bottom. Hope this will help you get the most value for your money. Good info. Thanks.

Tenthehardway
03-22-2008, 01:33 PM
Does this go for diesel too? Diesel evaporates much slower than gasoline, so I dont think it would work both ways.

Necks_Fan
03-22-2008, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Tenthehardway
Does this go for diesel too? Diesel evaporates much slower than gasoline, so I dont think it would work both ways. If you have a diesel you need to get rid of it now.

Deisel is astronomical and they get bad mileage.

Tenthehardway
03-22-2008, 01:58 PM
My mileage is great. Cost of diesel sucks, though. But, the mileage is better than I ever got with a gasoline powered truck.

rancher
03-22-2008, 02:00 PM
A few more tricks to extend the gas mileage that work. First run add 5 pounds of air to what tires have as max. If driving on the highway, max fuel mileage is obtained at around 55 mph. If you are driving about 70 mph you are lossing about 10% of your gas mileage. Do not do jack rabbit starts or quick stops. Slow starts and slow stops save fuel.

BobcatBenny
03-22-2008, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
If you have a diesel you need to get rid of it now.

Deisel is astronomical and they get bad mileage.

You are correct that deisel is astronomical, but I wonder who told you they get bad mileage? :thinking:

Necks_Fan
03-22-2008, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
You are correct that deisel is astronomical, but I wonder who told you they get bad mileage? :thinking: Who told you they get good mileage? Maybe 20 at best? My grandpa's truch gets about 15.7 mpg? Where is this "good" mileage you speak of?

I know of a german CAR that is a 2 cylinder turbo deisel that gets 150, but that is a CAR, not a truck. Show me a deisel truck that gets "good" mileage.

Tenthehardway
03-22-2008, 03:01 PM
Who told you they get good mileage? Maybe 20 at best? My grandpa's truch gets about 15.7 mpg? Where is this "good" mileage you speak of?

I know of a german CAR that is a 2 cylinder turbo deisel that gets 150, but that is a CAR, not a truck. Show me a deisel truck that gets "good" mileage.

Mine gets 28-32 on the highway.

BobcatBenny
03-22-2008, 03:45 PM
Who told you they get good mileage? Maybe 20 at best? My grandpa's truch gets about 15.7 mpg? Where is this "good" mileage you speak of?

Well, in my experience my diesel powered truck not only produces more power at low rpms, it also probably gets around 4 miles better per gallon than my comparable gas fueled truck. The big difference initially was I had to pay a premium for the diesel engine.

Now diesel is at an all time high. But, my driving mileage has been drastically reduced and I only fill my truck up about every three weeks. But even with diesel being more expensive, I am probably breaking even with a gas fueled truck.

Necks_Fan
03-22-2008, 04:32 PM
What kind of diesel truck do you have that gets 28-30 highway? Do you feel that does you justice being that diesel is about .50 more a gallon?

Tenthehardway
03-22-2008, 04:42 PM
F250, and when Im getting 8-12 more MPG, Im pretty sure Im saving money. I spend about $150 a month on fuel, as opposed to 200+ that many people are spending. What's with the chip on your shoulder in regards to diesel powered vehicles? And please dont tell me you dont have one when you ask the question "Do you feel that does you justice".

icu812
03-22-2008, 04:45 PM
Diesel engines typically get better mileage. Problem is there are few small diesel powered cars/trucks for the US market. The EPA puts such restrictions on engines that the cost to produce them has to be passed on to the consumer. Meanwhile, the rest of the world drives diesel powered small trucks that get 30+ MPG. Ever seen a small toyota diesel powered truck? They have not made one for the US market since the 80's. Yet Toyota markets new diesel trucks all over the world. I used to drive a 80's model diesel Izusu truck, a 4x4 that got 40 MPG.......I wished I still had it.

Necks_Fan
03-22-2008, 04:48 PM
F250, and when Im getting 8-12 more MPG, Im pretty sure Im saving money. I spend about $150 a month on fuel, as opposed to 200+ that many people are spending. What's with the chip on your shoulder in regards to diesel powered vehicles? And please dont tell me you dont have one when you ask the question "Do you feel that does you justice". I don't have a chip on my shoulder as far as diesel goes, and my grandpa, who I live with with, has an F-250 and gets like 16 mpg? What's up with that? Is his stuff messed up or is yours on steroids? And I just wanted to know if you felt that your 28-30 made up for the extra expense of paying for the more expensive diesel, that's all.

Necks_Fan
03-22-2008, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by icu812
Diesel engines typically get better mileage. Problem is there are few small diesel powered cars/trucks for the US market. The EPA puts such restrictions on engines that the cost to produce them has to be passed on to the consumer. Meanwhile, the rest of the world drives diesel powered small trucks that get 30+ MPG. Ever seen a small toyota diesel powered truck? They have not made one for the US market since the 80's. Yet Toyota markets new diesel trucks all over the world. I used to drive a 80's model diesel Izusu truck, a 4x4 that got 40 MPG.......I wished I still had it. Exactly what I said on the German car that is a turbo diesel that gets 150+ mpg, but is not going to be released in the US until 09.

Tenthehardway
03-22-2008, 05:00 PM
I don't have a chip on my shoulder as far as diesel goes, and my grandpa, who I live with with, has an F-250 and gets like 16 mpg? What's up with that? Is his stuff messed up or is yours on steroids? And I just wanted to know if you felt that your 28-30 made up for the extra expense of paying for the more expensive diesel, that's all.

Good question. Mine is an '05, maybe it's newer. There's also a science to efficently driving a diesel. Being a much heavier vehicle, you can coast much farther then in a traditional truck. So, if you think ahead of the truck, you can coach for about 60% of most urban trips.
Proper maintanance is also important. Replacing the glow plugs, fuel filters, and air filter often helps. I also have a mass cold air intake and 4 in exhaust, which probably adds around 4-6 mpg. All together cost about $350, but when you're looking to get 500,000+ miles out of a vehicle, it's a small expense.
As for the additional cost of fuel, yes, I think Im coming out WAY ahead. I was spending close to what I spend now a month with my gas powered 1/2 ton, and gasoline was nowhere near as expensive as diesel is nowadays.

BobcatBenny
03-22-2008, 05:00 PM
What kind of diesel truck do you have that gets 28-30 highway? Do you feel that does you justice being that diesel is about .50 more a gallon?
I'm not sure what you are hoping for, but I drive a truck because I needed a truck. I chose a diesel over gasoline for several reasons, but one of them was they are generally more fuel efficient.

What you will find is that diesel is generally more efficient than gasoline. That is why over the next year you will see more diesel cars being offered for sale in the US. Even with diesel fuel being more expensive.

There are aesthetic drawbacks to diesel. They are noisy and generally produce a sooty exhaust, eventhough the exhaust is more environmentally friendly than gasoline (Carbon Dioxide vs. Carbon Monoxide).

If you don't have need for a truck, then drive a car. Preferably a diesel car if you can stand the noise and the inconvienience of finding diesel (not all stations carry it).

I have not tried it yet, but I hear that biodiesel is cheaper because it is not taxed like diesel. It is hard to find, but I will try it out when I can.

That is my understanding of diesel fuel vs. gasoline.

Necks_Fan
03-22-2008, 05:17 PM
Good question. Mine is an '05, maybe it's newer. There's also a science to efficently driving a diesel. Being a much heavier vehicle, you can coast much farther then in a traditional truck. So, if you think ahead of the truck, you can coach for about 60% of most urban trips.
Proper maintanance is also important. Replacing the glow plugs, fuel filters, and air filter often helps. I also have a mass cold air intake and 4 in exhaust, which probably adds around 4-6 mpg. All together cost about $350, but when you're looking to get 500,000+ miles out of a vehicle, it's a small expense.
As for the additional cost of fuel, yes, I think Im coming out WAY ahead. I was spending close to what I spend now a month with my gas powered 1/2 ton, and gasoline was nowhere near as expensive as diesel is nowadays. Good info. That helped out a little, either way, I'm kinda pissed that you get 12-14 mpg better with virtually the same vehicle. Lol. Also, you said that was mpg highway. He gets about 16 in town just reg driving so, yea.

Tenthehardway
03-22-2008, 05:23 PM
Ahhh, now urban driving is a different story. That's where all that thinking ahead comes in, and Im still doing good to get 15-18 mpg. But, it's still better than I got with my F150 in city driving.

icu812
03-22-2008, 05:53 PM
This is stupid. I just looked it up and a 80's model Izusu diesel truck not exactly built to cut through the wind got 49 MPG Hwy/38 MPG city and could 840 miles without filling up. That is better than the hybrids of today. Yet we can't buy one in the US. Thanks EPA for raising the costs to produce small diesel engines for the US market.

Fuel Economy Leaders: 2008 Model Year
2008 Fuel Economy

EPA Fuel Economy Leaders

Rank Manufacturer/Model MPG
city/highway
1 Toyota Prius (hybrid-electric) 48/45
2 Honda Civic Hybrid 40/45
3 Nissan Altima Hybrid 35/33
4 Ford Escape Hybrid FWD
Mazda Tribute Hybrid 2WD
Mercury Mariner Hybrid FWD 34/30
5 Toyota Camry Hybrid 33/34
6 Toyota Yaris (manual) 29/36
7 Toyota Yaris (automatic) 29/35
8 Ford Escape Hybrid 4WD
Mercury Mariner Hybrid 4WD
Mazda Tribute Hybrid 4WD 29/27
9 Toyota Corolla (manual) 28/37
10 Honda Fit (manual) 28/34

LH Panther Mom
03-22-2008, 06:08 PM
Fuel Economy Leaders: 2008 Model Year
2008 Fuel Economy

EPA Fuel Economy Leaders

Rank Manufacturer/Model MPG
city/highway

4 Ford Escape Hybrid FWD

Okay, now this raises a couple of questions I have, mainly because I've been pretend shopping and the Escape is what I've looked at. The Hybrid is said to get up to 34 mpg, while the non-Hybrid shows 26 mpg for hwy.

So, first, why does the Hybrid get better City mpg than Hwy....and second, what is the point of spending $7500 more?

icu812
03-22-2008, 06:16 PM
In the city a hybrid runs more on electricity than gas :)

sinton66
03-22-2008, 06:19 PM
The list left off the Ford Focus. The 5 spd. manual version supposedly gets 37 mpg. The auto one supposedly gets 34 mpg.

LH Panther Mom
03-22-2008, 06:58 PM
In the city a hybrid runs more on electricity than gas :)
:doh: :doh: I knew that. So you're trading one necessary evil for another....and spending more to do it. :thinking:

big daddy russ
03-22-2008, 11:30 PM
1. There isn't a diesel pickup on the market that gets anywhere close to 28 mpg. I don't care what anyone says.

2. Diesels do get better mileage than gas. Grandpa's diesel may be a 7.3L V-8, and you're comparing it to a 5.7L V-8 gas engine.

The best mileage I've ever seen out of a full-size truck was in my old HS buddy's Dodge Cummins. They took the mileage the right way. They filled up and zeroed out the trip odometer. Then, when they filled up again, they divided the miles traveled (on the trip odometer) by the gallons they put into their truck.

On the way up to Ruidoso, NM, he claimed they got 21 mpg pulling a 32-foot travel trailer. I'm skeptical of anyone who makes a claim like that, so I shrugged it off. Then he claimed they were getting 22 on the way back. I called him a liar. Then they got back to Portland and I met them at the service station, and they got a legit 23.2 mpg. And it had the factory tires, so there wasn't the "small tire syndrome" where you think you're getting better mileage than you are. Now they've never got that kind of mileage before or since with a trailer behind them, but that's the only full-size pickup I've ever seen or heard of that consistently gets a legit 20+ mpg.

I check my mileage every single fill up. I drive a single cab GMC with a V-6, automatic, and a 3.43 rear end and get about 16 mpg. Heck, I even have a K&N filtercharger and a Dynomax exhaust (though it's the mildest exhaust they had) on it to boost mileage. The best I've ever got was probably in the 19 range on the way down to Corpus once.

I've heard all kinds of claims of people getting 20+ mpg, but when I tell them to prove it to me, they always fall waaay short (usually in the 15-17 mpg range). I know the 4.8L GM V-8's can consistently get a legit 18 mpg in the right conditions, but I don't know of any other non-diesel engine that gets better than that (and I may just not know enough). The Cummins gets 20 (but it's a straight 6) and the Powerstroke can get close. I've never heard of a Duramax getting better than 16, but I've only known one person who had it that kept mileage.

STANG RED
03-23-2008, 12:39 AM
Their is a kit you can order from Bullseye Power that will drastically increase the HP and performance of the big diesel engines and makes them much more fuel economical if you can keep your foot out of them. The kits cost about $2,500 2 to 3 years ago though. I dont know what they cost now, and it takes a good full day to install everything, and thats if your a pretty sharp mechanic with all the tools you need. It involves changing out the chip, installing a complete new intake system, a turbo and brackets, and a complete new exhaust system. And there may be a couple more things I am forgetting.
The one biggest problem with all these big diesel engines in all these pickups is, they are all starved for enough air with the stock systems they have from the factory, and their exhaust systems are way too constrictive. Of course, much the same can be said for most of the big V8 gasoline engines as well. A good mechanic that understands how these systems work and how to correct them can make many of them perform as much as 50% more efficiant than the way they come stock. Why this isnt done in the factories is beyond me.

Tenthehardway
03-23-2008, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Their is a kit you can order from Bullseye Power that will drastically increase the HP and performance of the big diesel engines and makes them much more fuel economical if you can keep your foot out of them. The kits cost about $2,500 2 to 3 years ago though. I dont know what they cost now, and it takes a good full day to install everything, and thats if your a pretty sharp mechanic with all the tools you need. It involves changing out the chip, installing a complete new intake system, a turbo and brackets, and a complete new exhaust system. And there may be a couple more things I am forgetting.
The one biggest problem with all these big diesel engines in all these pickups is, they are all starved for enough air with the stock systems they have from the factory, and their exhaust systems are way too constrictive. Of course, much the same can be said for most of the big V8 gasoline engines as well. A good mechanic that understands how these systems work and how to correct them can make many of them perform as much as 50% more efficiant than the way they come stock. Why this isnt done in the factories is beyond me.

This is what I did with mine, minus the tuner. Instead of getting the entire kit, I bought it one part of time. I installed a mass cold air intake and bigger exhaust. Basically, let my truck breathe better. It probably added 6-8 mpg on its own. Ive thought about adding a tuner or programer, but they're pretty expensive and seem to have mixed reviews.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-23-2008, 12:57 AM
This is what I did with mine, minus the tuner. Instead of getting the entire kit, I bought it one part of time. I installed a mass cold air intake and bigger exhaust. Basically, let my truck breathe better. It probably added 6-8 mpg on its own. Ive thought about adding a tuner or programer, but they're pretty expensive and seem to have mixed reviews.

I have a chip in my 2500 Dodge Cummins and I put a Superchips tuner in it. It gets 21 mpg on average with mixed city and highway driving. That is with nothing done to the intake or the exhaust, it's all stock from there, and I take my mileage the right way. It picked up the miles per gallon up about two/three miles, and I would be willing to bet that with the upgrades that you have done with your truck it would do at least that much of an improvement, if not a gallon or two more. Of course, my truck has a 6-speed in it and I'm not too hard on it, especially with the price of diesel now.

STANG RED
03-23-2008, 01:04 AM

Many people dont understand that when a tuner is added, they also need to install a modified high pressure high volume oil pump as well. Thats probably where the mixed reviews are coming from.

Here is a little cut and paste job that explains it much better:

The PowerStroke HEUI system relies on high pressure oil to fire the injectors. Your truck's computer(PCM) commands a certain pressure at a certain load at a certain RPM. Your injector's performance will be based on the high pressure pump's ability to reach that desired pressure. The stock high-pressure oil pump is just marginally large enough to supply the high pressure oil needs of a stock AD injector, which means it does the job for the average daily driver at an acceptable level. To increase their power, most PSD owners will add chips or tuners to their vehicles - among other modifications. Adding even slight increases to the demanded pressures through programming can take the pressure requirements beyond the abilities of the stock high-pressure oil pump. You have not just exceeded the max limits, you are limited throughout the power band in how fast those limits are reached.

STANG RED
03-23-2008, 01:06 AM
Many people dont understand that when a tuner is added, they also need to install a modified high pressure high volume oil pump as well. Thats probably where the mixed reviews are coming from.

Here is a little cut and paste job that explains it much better:

The PowerStroke HEUI system relies on high pressure oil to fire the injectors. Your truck's computer(PCM) commands a certain pressure at a certain load at a certain RPM. Your injector's performance will be based on the high pressure pump's ability to reach that desired pressure. The stock high-pressure oil pump is just marginally large enough to supply the high pressure oil needs of a stock AD injector, which means it does the job for the average daily driver at an acceptable level. To increase their power, most PSD owners will add chips or tuners to their vehicles - among other modifications. Adding even slight increases to the demanded pressures through programming can take the pressure requirements beyond the abilities of the stock high-pressure oil pump. You have not just exceeded the max limits, you are limited throughout the power band in how fast those limits are reached.

Learn more here: https://www.dieselsite.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=827

Tenthehardway
03-23-2008, 01:21 AM
We're already talkin' more money than I probably wanna spend. A chip/tuner and new oil pump would probably cost me another $1,000 at least. Im an educator, so money is ALWAYS an issue.
Ive heard that the Cummins is more fuel efficent, and that's what I wanted originally. But, I couldn't get anyone to deal with me properly on a dodge. Of course, at that time, diesel was cheaper than gasoline, so it wasn't that big of an issue then.

STANG RED
03-23-2008, 01:33 AM
We're already talkin' more money than I probably wanna spend. A chip/tuner and new oil pump would probably cost me another $1,000 at least. Im an educator, so money is ALWAYS an issue.
Ive heard that the Cummins is more fuel efficent, and that's what I wanted originally. But, I couldn't get anyone to deal with me properly on a dodge. Of course, at that time, diesel was cheaper than gasoline, so it wasn't that big of an issue then.

Closer to $2k actually.

If your not doing a lot of heavy pulling, the Dodge with the Cummins is a good option. But even they are starved for air and need modifications to perform the way they should.

pirate4state
03-23-2008, 01:41 AM
Is it wrong that I just fill up my SUV and just drive? People ask all the time what kind of mileage I get! I have no clue. I don't pay attention to that stuff. I'm out of gas, I buy gas. *shrug* :D

I'm sure there is a reason I should pay attention, but I don't! :o

:D

Tenthehardway
03-23-2008, 02:01 AM
Closer to $2k actually.

If your not doing a lot of heavy pulling, the Dodge with the Cummins is a good option. But even they are starved for air and need modifications to perform the way they should.

Too late now. Stuck with my 6.0L Powerstroke.

loboes86
03-23-2008, 09:33 AM
As for the additional cost of fuel, yes, I think Im coming out WAY ahead. I was spending close to what I spend now a month with my gas powered 1/2 ton, and gasoline was nowhere near as expensive as diesel is nowadays. Ok explain why your having the glow-plugs changed for better fuel milage. Glow-plugs are used only for starting a cold engine, they preheat the air in the combustion chamber or air intake manifold.:confused:

Antec
03-23-2008, 09:38 AM
My dad passed away in January

He had a Grand Cherokee Jeep

Its got 4 wheel drive 6.1 Liter engine-6 cylinder

its a 2001 modeo with only 59,900 miles and in good shape

we put add in the paper and put it in the front yard

We put a listiing fof $9,500 to start off

T his was a Kelly Blue Book price

WE may have to relist it in the paper at $8,500

The jeep also has cruise control with
AM CD and cassette.

WE will be lucky if we can get $8,000 for it when all is said and done

big daddy russ
03-23-2008, 11:23 AM

Sorry for doubting you, ten. I've heard all kinds of people telling me about the 24 mpg their full-size trucks get lately, so I'm always skeptical when someone says something like that. But I read a few reviews on the Bullseye system (just this morning after Stang Red posted this) and believe you 100%. I've seen a few friends get 19-20 mpg consistently out of their Powerstrokes, so it's not that hard to believe that they'd get in the high-20's after this system. Not bad at all.