PDA

View Full Version : My Bracket

Necks_Fan
03-22-2008, 11:53 AM
I got 7 first round games wrong. 2 of those teams I had in the Sweet 16 (Uconn & Vanderbilt) but neither advancing to the Elite 8.

So, I dont know how to rate my first round as this is my first NCAA tournamnet bracket but it's fun though.

Necks_Fan
03-22-2008, 02:49 PM
How did ya'll compare in the 1st round.

buff4life
03-22-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
I got 7 first round games wrong. 2 of those teams I had in the Sweet 16 (Uconn & Vanderbilt) but neither advancing to the Elite 8.

So, I dont know how to rate my first round as this is my first NCAA tournamnet bracket but it's fun though.

If you only got 7 games wrong after those upsets then thats freaking awesome...

Maroon87
03-22-2008, 03:30 PM
Thanks a lot, Duke...:rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
03-22-2008, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Thanks a lot, Duke...:rolleyes:
For real..... :rolleyes: :doh: :helpme:

DU_stud04
03-22-2008, 05:04 PM
me and some friends decided to make a board just in between us....its about 20 of us.... he drew up the boards and we even had a little get together to have a public picking. meh, its my second time to do one of these.

right now i have 3 misses, 2 of them i have losing this round and the other in the next. i guess my roommate has helped me after all, i put uconn and duke losing first round just to make him mad :D

DU_stud04
03-22-2008, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
If you only got 7 games wrong after those upsets then thats freaking awesome... i guess if you call the usc and gonzaga games upsets... idk, i figured everyone would be doing pretty good

Maroon87
03-22-2008, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
For real..... :rolleyes: :doh: :helpme:

I had them losing to Xavier in the next round any way but still...

The one that's really killing me right now is Drake. I had them in the Sweet 16. :doh:

And I can't put into words how close I came to picking San Diego over UConn. I had actually put SD down then changed it...:nerd:

LH Panther Mom
03-22-2008, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I had them losing to Xavier in the next round any way but still...

The one that's really killing me right now is Drake. I had them in the Sweet 16. :doh:

And I can't put into words how close I came to picking San Diego over UConn. I had actually put SD down then changed it...:nerd:
Oh, heck. I had Duke playing UNC in the title game. :dispntd: :bigcry: :helpme: Go Tarheels. :hairpunk: :speech:

themsu97
03-22-2008, 06:03 PM
in 15 years of doing a bracket, there are certain things you learn... teams that are lower seeds but shoot the 3 ball well, (western kentucky, davidson, siena) will always do well in the first two rounds...
certain teams and conferences are always overrated, SEC, ACC, Big 12, Big 10, and Pac 10... Big East is consistently the best conference in the tournament as far as top to bottom,
DUke was not very good this year, I had them losing in the sweet 16,
Siena, and WKU I had winning the first round but I am not sure about the sweet 16 since my bracket is at home and I am in the hill country...
Uconn and Arizona you also need to stay away from... Kansas is a crap shoot... Carolina is usually always money...

Adidas410s
03-22-2008, 06:11 PM
From my first bracket for work (and the best of my 4 brackets)

27-5 (had Nova, Siena, and WKU)
Had WVU over Duke today
Unfortunately, I got on this "KSU vs Kansas part 3" in the Elite 8...so that ended today. Otherwise I have 7 of 8 Elite 8's and 13 of 16 Sweet 16's (also lost KY and UConn) remaining.

Xavier needs to finish off Purdue as I have them in the Elite 8.

g$$
03-22-2008, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
From my first bracket for work (and the best of my 4 brackets)

27-5 (had Nova, Siena, and WKU)
Had WVU over Duke today
Unfortunately, I got on this "KSU vs Kansas part 3" in the Elite 8...so that ended today. Otherwise I have 7 of 8 Elite 8's and 13 of 16 Sweet 16's (also lost KY and UConn) remaining.

Xavier needs to finish off Purdue as I have them in the Elite 8.

Right there with you bud. Davidson & Butler were my sleepers if you will (if you call 29-3 Butler a sleeper!). Missed on a few but doing ok so far...gotta pick some crazy ones or it's no fun anyway. My West bracket is struggling more than others. Really like former NBA sharpshooter Dell Curry's son Stephen - kid has a beautiful stroke from the outside & some serious game, just a soph too.

Indiana ought to throw some $$ at Butler's coach. Stud young coach right in their backyard.

Duke was not an elite team all year. I told a guy that on here back in November & he had a coronary. All perimeter team with little inside. That only takes you so far. Coach K will have them back though very soon.

Txbroadcaster
03-22-2008, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by themsu97

Uconn and Arizona you also need to stay away from... Kansas is a crap shoot... Carolina is usually always money...

Not sure why u say UConn should be avoided, this was their first, first round loss under Calhoun and they have lost in the second round only a couple of times..usually they are a Sweet 16 team guarantee

11 out of 15 times under Calhoun they have made the NCAA and at least went to Sweet 16

Antec
03-23-2008, 10:34 AM
USC and UConn got me in first round

But I did pick Villanova to beat Clemson

Also didnt pick A&M or Kentucky In first round

Maroon87
03-23-2008, 05:43 PM
Apparently, when Villanova is a lower seed you should always pick them. They have the most wins as a lower seed than any other team in the history of March Madness.

Of course, every time I've picked them as the higher seed it seems like they lose...