PDA

View Full Version : IF IT WERE UP TO US MARLIN COULD GO 3-7 AND STILL GO DEEP INTO THE PLAYOFFS

MARLINFAN
09-18-2003, 12:26 AM
I REALLY DONT KNOW WHY SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THAT MARLIN HAS LOST A STEP WHILE WE REALLY HAVENT. OKAY LETS SAY WERE 2-0 RIGHT NOW . WE WOULD STILL BE #2 IN THE POLLS AND EVERONE WOULD BE RIDIN THE TEAM . NOW WERE O -2 . I DONT THINK THE RECORD SHOWS HOW REALLY GOOD THIS TEAM IS, WE LOST 14-19 TO WACO UNIVERSITY. NOW THIS WACO UNIVERSITY TEAM WAS THE SAME TEAM THAT HELD UP BURNET IN THE SCRIMAGE AND WENT ON AFTER BEATING US TO PLAY A WACO HIGH TEAM THAT HAD JUST BEAT THE # 1 TEAM IN 5A. NOW THE MIDWAY TEAM IS A DIFFRENT STORY WE KNEW IT AND THEY KNEW IT THAT WE WERE A BETTER TEAM , THE SIX(6) FUMBLES HURT, AND EVEN WITH SIX FUMBLES WE ONLY LOSE BY 1. NOW WE ENTER THIS WEEK AGANIST MART. MART IS 2-0 AND WERE 0-2 WHO KNOWS WHAT COULD HAPPEN . WE COULD LOSE 7 GAMES THIS YEAR AND STILL BE A CONTENDER FOR THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. SO UNTIL YOU SEE THE DOGS PLAY U SHOULD NOT TALK DOWN ON THE TEAM

Pudlugger
09-18-2003, 07:42 AM
MARLINFAN:
I REALLY DONT KNOW WHY SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THAT MARLIN HAS LOST A STEP WHILE WE REALLY HAVENT. OKAY LETS SAY WERE 2-0 RIGHT NOW . WE WOULD STILL BE #2 IN THE POLLS AND EVERONE WOULD BE RIDIN THE TEAM . NOW WERE O -2 . I DONT THINK THE RECORD SHOWS HOW REALLY GOOD THIS TEAM IS, WE LOST 14-19 TO WACO UNIVERSITY. NOW THIS WACO UNIVERSITY TEAM WAS THE SAME TEAM THAT HELD UP BURNET IN THE SCRIMAGE AND WENT ON AFTER BEATING US TO PLAY A WACO HIGH TEAM THAT HAD JUST BEAT THE # 1 TEAM IN 5A. NOW THE MIDWAY TEAM IS A DIFFRENT STORY WE KNEW IT AND THEY KNEW IT THAT WE WERE A BETTER TEAM , THE SIX(6) FUMBLES HURT, AND EVEN WITH SIX FUMBLES WE ONLY LOSE BY 1. NOW WE ENTER THIS WEEK AGANIST MART. MART IS 2-0 AND WERE 0-2 WHO KNOWS WHAT COULD HAPPEN . WE COULD LOSE 7 GAMES THIS YEAR AND STILL BE A CONTENDER FOR THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. SO UNTIL YOU SEE THE DOGS PLAY U SHOULD NOT TALK DOWN ON THE TEAMMarlin seems to me to be a very emotional team. When they came out against La Grange they were all pumped up really energized and they played with great intensity scoring almost immediately on an interception and staying on top with the Leps back on their heels the entire game. Then they had a letdown against Bellville losing in 3 OTs when they should have won. If they go 0-5 or 1-4 in preseason it might result in a mental meltdown much like what happened to Giddings last season. They had the talent but no focus or confidence and went 3-7 in the regular season and then 1 and out to Bellville in the play-offs. They played everyone close and just kept falling a little short.[This year with a new coach they are looking good BTW 2-0]

Marlin must step up and prove it deserves all the credit it has been given largely from last year's perfomance. A win against Burnet or Ennis would accomplish that. Playing them close really doesn't as this team has to show they can win. It is not good enough to say"We lost by only one point to good 4A schools". Bottom line is those are still losses. La Grange lost by 4 points to two real good teams...so what. They are 1-2 and feel out of everyone's Top 25. LG has been to the finals twice and went 11-2 last year so they have a great record in the recent past...but that is THE PAST . Marlin can't expect the football world to just roll over and continue this love fest if they keep losing games even to teams like Burnet or Ennis. Folks like to see a win now and then. Good luck and hopefully ya'll will get healthy again soon.
:cool: