PDA

View Full Version : Question about Navasota Stadium

PHS Wildcats
03-21-2008, 07:55 PM
Palestine visit Navasota in week 0. I know they built a nice stadium, but how big are the Visitor's side?

c-town_balla
03-21-2008, 07:58 PM
nice playing surface.....not large stands

Buffgal
03-21-2008, 09:08 PM
Navasota has a beautiful stadium, great turf, graphic scoreboard, enormous home side, the high school media class does a first class job with the scoreboard and all its effects, the dance team is one of the best ever and the prayer before the game is very much appreciated and admired HOWEVER

visitors side is very small and parking treacherous. (this report is from visit of 10/07 so parking lot may be finished and a navasota poster will have to report if the seating capacity has been enlarged.) But as of our game there 2007, we were packed like sardines in the stands. Maybe 10 rows less than 100 ft long. and I got there @ 6 pm.

the town of Giddings follows their football team everywhere (esp if they are winning!!!) and I know our crowd is always large for having to travel 1 1/2 hrs but be prepared to get to Navasota early for a seat at all, esp if your band travels with the team. Our band took up 1/3 of the available seating.

Also, the visitors locker room is a hike from the stadium(I didn't really believe them until I had to tote a cooler from my car to the visitors locker room to get Gatorade to our team),leave your inflatable helmets/mascots at home and attendants at the gate are extremely diligent about their duties. Be prepared to empty your pockets, check your bags and spit out your gum. Of course, post 911 we are accustomed to this. If we had a nice stadium, I would expect someone to take care of it too. Just expect this.

Emerson1
03-21-2008, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Buffgal

Also, the visitors locker room is a hike from the stadium(I didn't really believe them until I had to tote a cooler from my car to the visitors locker room to get Gatorade to our team),leave your inflatable helmets/mascots at home and attendants at the gate are extremely diligent about their duties. Be prepared to empty your pockets, check your bags and spit out your gum. Of course, post 911 we are accustomed to this. If we had a nice stadium, I would expect someone to take care of it too. Just expect this.
I've never heard of a HS stadium checking your bags. Did they really make you spit out your gum lol?

Matthew328
03-21-2008, 09:29 PM
Fort Worth ISD checks bags at all events and you must walk through a metal detector

striker
03-21-2008, 11:16 PM
I believe the visitor's side seats about 1,200 to 1,500. The visitor locker room treck is to the Jr. High. Sorry, but it is part of what people call "home field advantage".

We look forward to playing you all.

I guess we need to try and get some photos of the stadium and other facilities on our website later this year.

striker
03-21-2008, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the nice remarks Buff-Gal.....

We do need to work on the visitor parking.....

Tenthehardway
03-22-2008, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I've never heard of a HS stadium checking your bags. Did they really make you spit out your gum lol?

Different reason for doing that in FW compared to Navasota.

ProudHornetMom
03-22-2008, 11:40 AM
I don't remember Navasota checking our bags but we arrived early for the game..very early because of limited seating.

My understanding is that the locker room and parking lot is to be done in the next phase of the building project...probably this summer.

It's a great stadium. I wasn't at the Navasota Track Meet on Thursday but will be at the district meet there. Anxious to see how track meets go on the new track.

PHS Wildcats
03-22-2008, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by striker
I believe the visitor's side seats about 1,200 to 1,500. The visitor locker room treck is to the Jr. High. Sorry, but it is part of what people call "home field advantage".

We look forward to playing you all.

I guess we need to try and get some photos of the stadium and other facilities on our website later this year.

Yea, Palestine travel well. Fans, band and drill team, I guess I better not make the drive from Dallas!!!:(

NastySlot
03-22-2008, 09:09 PM
make the drive....you'll get in..........there would be nothing wrong with sitting on the larger home side.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-23-2008, 09:14 AM
Any word on expanding the small visitors side?

navscanmaster
03-23-2008, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Any word on expanding the small visitors side?

Rumors, rumors, and more rumors. I think that people in the district are currently more concerned about how much the project ran over budget. It would take some creative financing or a heck of a donation to get the visitor's stands improved. As it is, they stretch from 15-15, and are 12 rows high. NM at all. Maybe good for a 2A or .200 type 3A school. The long jump/pole vault would have to be moved as they are right behind the visitor's stands.
As far as the parking lot is concerned, I think you might see that happen after track season when the parking is not needed anymore. We hope.....

I have to say, even with the little problems, which no stadium in high school lacks, it is still a hundred times improved over old Brule Stadium downtown. It is a great venue for high school football, and it can only get better.

navscanmaster
03-23-2008, 08:51 PM
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6495/1000345vg1.th.jpg

Home side as seen from visitor's entrance.

Matthew328
03-23-2008, 08:52 PM
Visitors side wouldn't be too hard too expand.....make em longer, throw in a temporary section add a section in an end zone for visiting band etc....

navscanmaster
03-23-2008, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6495/1000345vg1.th.jpg

Home side as seen from visitor's entrance.

I guess I ain't too good at linking larger pictures. That was supposed to be a lot bigger. Any suggestions? I have some more pics.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-23-2008, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Visitors side wouldn't be too hard too expand.....make em longer, throw in a temporary section add a section in an end zone for visiting band etc....

Great place to see a game is right, but not much fun for the visitors if there is no place to sit. Instead of the opposing fans saying great place to see and play a game, they will leave complaning about no place to sit on the visitors side. Get some stands added so opposing fans dont have to get there 6 hours before a game to get a seat!

navscanmaster
03-24-2008, 12:15 AM
Just so you all know, Giddings was the only team to fill up the stands last year. Caldwell came close, but there was still a good section open opposite end of their band. There are 1500 seats, and you will find that many stadiums in 3A equal that or fall short. Nobody has to get there 6 hours early. Just sensationalism if you ask me. Show up 30 minutes before game time, and in all likelyhood, you will have a seat. It may not be a 40-40 seat, but it will be a seat.

NastySlot
03-24-2008, 09:09 AM
everyone always claims to travel well and usually...people will say there were at at least 10,000 people there and the next I read in the paper there were 4,000-5,000.

LH Panther Mom
03-24-2008, 09:33 AM
There are 1500 seats, and you will find that many stadiums in 3A equal that or fall short.
1500 seats on the visitor side? That doesn't seem bad at all to me. I've seen many stadiums, including ours that have considerably less than 1500 for the visitors.

navscanmaster
03-24-2008, 02:11 PM
So, can anybody help me with posting larger pictures? The pictures I have are about 1 meg each, jpgs. I don't really know much about imageshack and others, and everybody I have used so far shrinks the pictures like the one above.

LH Panther Mom
03-24-2008, 02:18 PM
So, can anybody help me with posting larger pictures? The pictures I have are about 1 meg each, jpgs. I don't really know much about imageshack and others, and everybody I have used so far shrinks the pictures like the one above.
Imageshack should provide you with several "options" once loaded. Use the "hotlink for forums # 1" option. If the pictures are HUGE, imageshack will resize to 320x240 if you check that option before uploading.

navscanmaster
03-25-2008, 04:36 PM
nm

PHS Wildcats
03-25-2008, 07:59 PM
I'll probably make the drive. What type of offense and defense does the Rattlers play?

On "O" Palestine runs the spread and on "D" they play wierd "7-4 , where they have 6 or seven defenders on the LOS and blitz like crazy and they play straight up man behind it.

navscanmaster
03-25-2008, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
I'll probably make the drive. What type of offense and defense does the Rattlers play?

On "O" Palestine runs the spread and on "D" they play wierd "7-4 , where they have 6 or seven defenders on the LOS and blitz like crazy and they play straight up man behind it.

O - Spread/Spread Option
D - ??? (many of us were left wondering)

navscanmaster
03-25-2008, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
everyone always claims to travel well and usually...people will say there were at at least 10,000 people there and the next I read in the paper there were 4,000-5,000.

Yeah, but I hear that our stadium seating condition is why we are turned down by Burnet every two years.:p ;)

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8788/rs1ds7.jpg

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/1112/rs2ai6.jpg

navscanmaster
03-25-2008, 10:26 PM
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/4928/rs3hn8.jpg
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/9853/rs4xb8.jpg

NastySlot
03-25-2008, 10:35 PM
Yeah, but I hear that our stadium seating condition is why we are turned down by Burnet every two years.:p ;)

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8788/rs1ds7.jpg

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/1112/rs2ai6.jpg

ever seen burnet's visitors side

PHS Wildcats
03-26-2008, 08:28 PM
do you have any pics of the visitor's side

navscanmaster
03-27-2008, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
do you have any pics of the visitor's side

Take the home side and half it vertically, then lose about 5 yards from each end.

Home side: 26 rows, stretching from 10-10.
Visitor site: 12 rows, stretching from 15-15.

I'll try to get a pic, but they are at a more difficult angle to photo without entering the stadium.

PHS Wildcats
03-27-2008, 08:18 PM
So it's probably like Palestine Westwood's visitor's side

HEMOTOXIC
03-29-2008, 09:16 AM
As stated before, Giddings was the only school that had seating issues. Hempstead/Caldwell probably had the same amount of fans but there were still seats available.

Improvements are a must at Rattler Stadium if Navasota ISD plans on ever getting playoff games other than 1A and 2A. The stadium is nice and of course rumor has it that plans are:

Visitor side:
Add more seating (not sure exatly how many seats)
Finish parking lot
Build Locker room

Home:
Add concesion stands/restrooms under home stands or opposite of the current concesion stands.

Like I said, these are just rumors. However, these improvements are important if NISD hopes to attrack playoff games and get larger schools to come to Grimes County.

Over all, the stadium is beautiful. If you haven't seen the stadium on Friday nights, you have to get out and do so.

NastySlot
03-31-2008, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
As stated before, Giddings was the only school that had seating issues. Hempstead/Caldwell probably had the same amount of fans but there were still seats available.

Improvements are a must at Rattler Stadium if Navasota ISD plans on ever getting playoff games other than 1A and 2A. The stadium is nice and of course rumor has it that plans are:

Visitor side:
Add more seating (not sure exatly how many seats)
Finish parking lot
Build Locker room

Home:
Add concesion stands/restrooms under home stands or opposite of the current concesion stands.

Like I said, these are just rumors. However, these improvements are important if NISD hopes to attrack playoff games and get larger schools to come to Grimes County.

Over all, the stadium is beautiful. If you haven't seen the stadium on Friday nights, you have to get out and do so.

How about a few pics of the new gym....