PDA

View Full Version : Back in the day, Llano fans

clay
10-08-2003, 09:06 AM
Remember the days when Wimberley and Llano dominated the district? Hopefully after this year we can reclaim our throne.

olddawggreen
10-08-2003, 08:32 PM
Clay, I think the playing field will be a little more level in our district next year but don't count Burnet out yet, we have a lot of talent coming up, JV and Freshman teams are both undefeated. Besides you guys usually take your revenge during baseball season. (Of course we just got a new baseball coach this year that really wants to make something out of the baseball program and apparently has the skill, determination and backing to do it.) Good luck this year and years to come I always enjoy the competition between our schools and Im always supporting your teams when we are not playing them.

super88
10-09-2003, 07:04 AM
Clay, I don't remember Llano ever dominating Burnet. What sport was it they dominated?

espn1
10-09-2003, 07:35 AM
clay:
Remember the days when Wimberley and Llano dominated the district? Hopefully after this year we can reclaim our throne.Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh no!

Ozzy
10-09-2003, 08:08 AM
they may not dominate on the football field, but they sure know how to paint up a scoreboard, bleachers, and sidewalks. way to go, Llano!

beefy
10-09-2003, 08:16 AM
yeah Ozzy, I fear the Jackets have really hurt their chances of seeing alot of generousity from the bulldog staff. I still think the second string will play, but not near as much now. I see the second string throwing downfield as well. I expect this game to get really ugly....

olddawggreen
10-09-2003, 08:51 AM
Coach Shipley has reigned his dogs in when the score got too high the last two years during the Llano game, will he do it again?

Megatonpitch
10-09-2003, 09:37 AM
He might not this time......

espn1
10-09-2003, 10:57 AM
beefy:
yeah Ozzy, I fear the Jackets have really hurt their chances of seeing alot of generousity from the bulldog staff. I still think the second string will play, but not near as much now. I see the second string throwing downfield as well. I expect this game to get really ugly....Llano & Burnet are neighbors. We will have a friendly game and that's that. Oh! and eat some incredible BBQ. Cooper's BBQ is unbelievable, but I'm doing Inman's friday.
Menu
Turkey sausage,Ham, Brisket, brown beans, homemade bread, potato salad, peach cobbler and Sweet tea. Couple that with football. Man! What a life.

Pandora
10-09-2003, 01:10 PM
Ozzy:
they may not dominate on the football field, but they sure know how to paint up a scoreboard, bleachers, and sidewalks. way to go, Llano!That is classless. Was it really some Llano people? Or did the coaches do it, like they burned their own bondfire last year?

olddawggreen
10-09-2003, 01:29 PM
Llano definatly has Burnet beat in the Bar B Q contest, hands down! Coopers is the best.

BIG19
10-09-2003, 01:30 PM
Ozzy:
they may not dominate on the football field, but they sure know how to paint up a scoreboard, bleachers, and sidewalks. way to go, Llano!Ozzy, can you enlighten us on the painting? Thanks.

olddawggreen
10-09-2003, 01:30 PM
Inmans is great too.

Megatonpitch
10-09-2003, 01:51 PM
From what I have heard, they painted on Burnet's new scoreboard, track, and bleachers. Keep in mind, this is just what I have heard. I don't know if it was Llano. I really don't think it was the Coaches. I mean, really, Would Coaches paint on a scoreboard that they just got? Or tear up brand new goal post pads like happened last time? I don't think so.

ComputerMaster
10-09-2003, 02:27 PM
Llano's school system is a joke. Supt. gets arrested and high school principal is an idiot. They can't find enough money to run the system correctly. Thus, everything goes to crud. Just my humble, but old and wise take on things.

olddawggreen
10-09-2003, 02:47 PM
Hey computer master, thats pretty harsh. I think your totally off base on this one. I know lots of people in Llano and Ive got to say they are great people and its a great town. I dont know who put the burr under your behind but that kind of trash talk is uncalled for. A little good natured razzing is fine but dont trash a great community like Llano. As far as problems in the school, I think if you look back a little you could say that weve all had our share of them. Sounds like youve got a personal grudge going on here.

PAINTBALL
10-09-2003, 02:54 PM
Computer Master, I agree with olddawggreen. I have lived in Burnet for over thirty years and thought the relationship between the Burnet population and Llano poulation was excellant. I think Llano thought of the Burnet-Llano game as more of a riverly then Burnet. Until Marble Falls moved up to 4A the big game for Burnet was the Burnet-Marble Falls game. THE PEOPLE OF LLANO ARE MY FRIENDS and I wish them the best in every game except this one.

I recommend the turkey sausage at Inman's.

clay
10-09-2003, 03:05 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by super88:
<strong>Clay, I don't remember Llano ever dominating Burnet. What sport was it they dominated?</strong>[/QUOTE
I said the DISTRICT nothing directly toward Burnet. Both of those teams did dominate that district. For a while.

BurnetBandRules
10-09-2003, 04:33 PM
About Llanos community.....ComputerMaster was wrong. Thie COMMUNITY is a good community, their school system isn't the best. What Computermaster said about the Supt. getting arrested was true and the principle isn't the wisest guy in town, but that doesn't mean the community is bad. The Burnet/Llano relationship is pretty good and the rivalry is there but what team doesn't have a good rival? I think it is terrible that Llano would do something like that to our Stadium, though. And yes, it was Llano, they had three students report what happened. The way that they knew what because they were previous students there and are friends with the culprits. It is being confirmed and investigated at the time between the Llano and Burnet personell. There is a $1,000 reward for the aresst of the criminals and from what we were told at school today, they were on the football team. I can't believe that anyone would think that the Coaches would do something like that. I am still in awe that people think that the coaches burned down the bonfire last year. That was a rumor and it wasn't true. People need to get facts straight and drop old rumors because they grow, as this one did and, from what I have read, still are growing. Llano, though, can forget about "easing up" at the football game. I hope that we get a high-scoring win out of this one. But, despite the football team playing with no mercy, the fans will still be as nice and easy going as the Burnet fans have always been because Burnet comes and goes with CLASS which Llano obviously lacks! GO BURNET!

Gobbla2001
10-09-2003, 04:41 PM
We played Llano in the second round my freshmen year... They were some tough sons-a-biscuits...

PAINTBALL
10-09-2003, 04:49 PM
BurnetBandRules:
About Llanos community.....ComputerMaster was wrong. Thie COMMUNITY is a good community, their school system isn't the best. What Computermaster said about the Supt. getting arrested was true and the principle isn't the wisest guy in town, but that doesn't mean the community is bad. The Burnet/Llano relationship is pretty good and the rivalry is there but what team doesn't have a good rival? I think it is terrible that Llano would do something like that to our Stadium, though. And yes, it was Llano, they had three students report what happened. The way that they knew what because they were previous students there and are friends with the culprits. It is being confirmed and investigated at the time between the Llano and Burnet personell. There is a $1,000 reward for the aresst of the criminals and from what we were told at school today, they were on the football team. I can't believe that anyone would think that the Coaches would do something like that. I am still in awe that people think that the coaches burned down the bonfire last year. That was a rumor and it wasn't true. People need to get facts straight and drop old rumors because they grow, as this one did and, from what I have read, still are growing. Llano, though, can forget about "easing up" at the football game. I hope that we get a high-scoring win out of this one. But, despite the football team playing with no mercy, the fans will still be as nice and easy going as the Burnet fans have always been because Burnet comes and goes with CLASS which Llano obviously lacks! GO BURNET!I just heard about the vandalism on the stadium last night. Second time this year and getting very expensive. This is not funny and needs to stop. Knowing the Llano people like I do, the guilty will be punished by their own as well as the law when they are caught. I know a lot of parents of Llano football players and if any of them are involved they should fear their parents more then the law.

clay
10-09-2003, 05:51 PM
You know Burnet and Wimberley has turned into a nice rivalry. 1996 Wimberley,1997 Wimberley,1998 Wimberley,1999 Burnet,2000 Wimberley,2001 Wimberley,2002 Burnet, 2003? I think we know the answer to that. All of these games have been close too. Real close. except 02'

olddawggreen
10-09-2003, 07:51 PM
Paintball, please correct me if Im wrong, but I understood that the first vandalism that took place at our field was done by one of our own students. At least thats what everyone at the last game was saying. I also understood that they caught him. Maybe we can get some of the guilty parties to pay for it or work it off.

spaniard
10-09-2003, 08:03 PM
olddawggreen:
Paintball, please correct me if Im wrong, but I understood that the first vandalism that took place at our field was done by one of our own students. At least thats what everyone at the last game was saying. I also understood that they caught him. Maybe we can get some of the guilty parties to pay for it or work it off.what happened with the first one? i remember my senior year someone went and painted seniors '01 on the track, some juniors were suspected at the time, none of our class could think of who would do something like that with our group of seniors

olddawggreen
10-09-2003, 08:13 PM
I was told that it was one of our freshman. The goal post pads were sliced and the green and white flags at the top of the home side bleachers were ripped down. Im not sure about the field or the score board.

spaniard
10-09-2003, 08:15 PM
some peoples kids, im tellin ya, kids these days are suspect if theyre not with their parents. hehe

Burnet Dawg06
10-09-2003, 09:09 PM
olddawggreen:
I was told that it was one of our freshman. The goal post pads were sliced and the green and white flags at the top of the home side bleachers were ripped down. Im not sure about the field or the score board.Yeah the goal post pads getting sliced and the white and green flags getting ripped down happened the 1st time.

PAINTBALL
10-09-2003, 10:08 PM
olddawggreen:
Paintball, please correct me if Im wrong, but I understood that the first vandalism that took place at our field was done by one of our own students. At least thats what everyone at the last game was saying. I also understood that they caught him. Maybe we can get some of the guilty parties to pay for it or work it off.I think they had a suspect, but as far as I've heard no one has been charged yet. I think they may have even cleared the main suspect.