PDA

View Full Version : Sinton vs Orange Grove (baseball & softball)

SintonFan_inAustin
03-20-2008, 08:27 PM
Baseball
top 5th
Sinton 7 Orange Grove 1

Joseph Alaniz pitching for Sinton and strikesout the side on top of 5th
going to bot of 5th now

Softball
top of 6th
Sinton 9 Orange Grove 1

Sinton pitcher with a no hitter going

SintonFan_inAustin
03-20-2008, 08:54 PM
finals
baseball
Sinton 11 Orange Grove 1 in 5 innings

softball
Sinton 9 Orange Grove 1

pirate4state
03-21-2008, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Baseball
top 5th
Sinton 7 Orange Grove 1

Joseph Alaniz pitching for Sinton and strikesout the side on top of 5th
going to bot of 5th now

Softball
top of 6th
Sinton 9 Orange Grove 1

Sinton pitcher with a no hitter going

so YOU jinxed her :p :p

she gave up a hit in the top of the 7th....just out of reach for our 2nd baseman...still a great performance by Sara tonight! :thumbsup:

congrats to both teams

SintonFan_inAustin
03-21-2008, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
so YOU jinxed her :p :p

she gave up a hit in the top of the 7th....just out of reach for our 2nd baseman...still a great performance by Sara tonight! :thumbsup:

congrats to both teams lol, i didnt get to see if she got the no hitter because when i looked over there they turned off the scoreboard.

Phil C
03-21-2008, 11:43 AM
I am so happy the Pirates and Lady Pirates won tonight. I knew the Ladies were in for a rough time because this was the second game they had played in two nights and Orange Grove had their scouts here on Wednesday night. Whew!

FutureAD
03-21-2008, 11:51 AM
the girls won without a problem it wasnt even a game...they should walk through this district without any problems...the worries will come in the playoffs when they start playing teams that know how to play softball

OnceABucJr
03-21-2008, 08:59 PM
It's more a question of skills levels than "not knowing how to play". I'm sure you will agree, most of the Sinton softball players arrive in high school with some pretty good skills developed already (not so much at most of district opponents). And, yes, the generally weak softball district does hurt them when they get to the playoffs. With the new coach letting them actually hit the ball, perhaps this will be the year for them to return to Austin!!