PDA

View Full Version : Cops: 2 Female Teachers Arrested for Fighting During School

BuffyMars
03-20-2008, 10:56 AM
COLUMBIA, S.C. — Two female middle school teachers were arrested Wednesday on charges they got into a fight in front of students, officials said.

Eighth grade teachers Tawana Horton, 30, and Cambrella Pinckney, 28, bumped into each other during a hallway class change Friday afternoon at St. Andrews Middle School and began fighting, according to a report by the Richland County sheriff's department.

The two teachers told an officer that they had an ongoing personal dispute, the report said.

The teachers were charged with disturbing schools and have been placed on administrative leave, deputies said.

"This occurred with students on the scene and they witnessed what happened," Richland School District 1 spokeswoman Karen York. "Teachers are looked at as role models. That doesn't set a good example."

Pinckney did not immediately return a message left at her home. A phone number for Horton could not be found. Deputies did not know if either of the women had attorneys.

York would not discuss if any disciplinary action had been taken against the teachers, but said officials are investigating the fight.

Possible punishments range from a letter of reprimand to firing, she said.

The two women have not returned to the school since the incident occurred, York said.

Horton taught at the school for one year, while Pinckney taught there for three years, York said.

Maroon87
03-20-2008, 10:57 AM
No wonder more and more kids have problems respecting authority...:doh:

Manck
03-20-2008, 11:47 AM
God bless South Carolina
[/sarcasm]

Phil C
03-20-2008, 11:51 AM
Stop the fighting! Stop the violence!

Violence. I hate violence so much that I feel like shooting anyone that pushes me into it.

:mad:

pirate4state
03-20-2008, 11:56 AM
Just fire them both!

just wow

mwynn05
03-20-2008, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Manck
God bless South Carolina
[/sarcasm] when are you getting the heck out of there

SintonFan_inAustin
03-20-2008, 12:33 PM
i have been to couple of schools , not naming the schools but teachers were about to go at it in the lounge :)

mac77
03-21-2008, 12:11 AM
This isn't surprising. In ten years of teaching, I've broken up more fights between girls than guys. This is indicitive of the kind of people that teaching is attracting because of the really good pay! (Sarcasm intended)

maestro
03-21-2008, 10:49 AM
wow....

God Bless the Texas classroom teachers.....

Diocletian
03-21-2008, 04:36 PM
man they should allow cell phone cameras in schools for just this reason