fireman1
03-19-2008, 10:04 PM
wow tough lose for the tigers

watcheverything
03-19-2008, 10:25 PM
And those 2 runs came from errors, the main on being by the 3rd baseman

Watcher
03-19-2008, 10:46 PM
Good game until the end. Errors hurt both teams. Wharton scores three of their five runs on errors early in the game. Wharton third baseman made error last play of the game, but he did a good job the rest of the game. Can't blame loss on one player.

themsu97
03-20-2008, 07:08 AM
what I have learned in years of coaching either baseball or softball is that errors are definitely part of the game... each team will make a few in the game, it is how the player or team reponds...
sometimes a person hits a smash and the ball is hard to play and then an error is scored when it could be a hit... sometimes a player hits a dribbler but beats cheeks down the line and the fielder has to hurry thus causing a mistake and we fault the fielder instead of congratulating the batter-runner,

was not at the game so I have no idea what happened, but 16-18 year olds make mistakes and seldom ever does one play cost you a game

zebrablue2
03-20-2008, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by themsu97
what I have learned in years of coaching either baseball or softball is that errors are definitely part of the game... each team will make a few in the game, it is how the player or team reponds...
sometimes a person hits a smash and the ball is hard to play and then an error is scored when it could be a hit... sometimes a player hits a dribbler but beats cheeks down the line and the fielder has to hurry thus causing a mistake and we fault the fielder instead of congratulating the batter-runner,

was not at the game so I have no idea what happened, but 16-18 year olds make mistakes and seldom ever does one play cost you a game

well said.....

Bull19
03-20-2008, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by themsu97

it took you years of coaching to figure that out??? im sorry

tigerpride_08
03-20-2008, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by watcheverything
And those 2 runs came from errors, the main on being by the 3rd baseman

yes he made a costly error but we had others...also couldn't hit people in while in scoring position...had a few walks...our 3rd baseman isn't to blame for the lost, but the entire team...

Antec
03-20-2008, 12:13 PM
Needville over Stafford 10-5

Columbia over Sealy 5-4

Sweeny-Royal wet grounds will make it up on Monday