PDA

View Full Version : American Idol....WOW!!!

Ranger Mom
03-19-2008, 08:56 PM
I sure didn't see Amanda Overmeyer leaving before Kristy Lee Cook!!!

:eek: :eek:

I_DONT_CARE
03-19-2008, 08:59 PM
MORE OF THE GAY SHOW? :rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
03-19-2008, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
MORE OF THE GAY SHOW? :rolleyes:

Nine more weeks!!!:D

kepdawg
03-19-2008, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Glad they got rid of the screamer!

Ranger Mom
03-19-2008, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Glad they got rid of the screamer!

I liked her the first couple of times I saw her, but thought her "sound" would get old.

I happen to like Kristy Lee, but I seem to me in the minority there.

Brooke is my favorite girl....and I like both Davids and Jason Castro.

In fact, I have decided if mwynn05 had dreadlocks, he would look a lot like Jason Castro...they have similiar eyes and smile!!:D

Bull19
03-19-2008, 09:14 PM

i saw it coming...amanda is better than the other girl, but she doesnt have the "look"

Ranger Mom
03-19-2008, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
i saw it coming...amanda is better than the other girl, but she doesnt have the "look"

She has a "scary" look!!!

Cruella De'Ville meets Bride of Chucky!!

ASUFrisbeeStud
03-19-2008, 09:19 PM
Kristy Lee Cook is way better looking, thats the only reason. They both weren't near as good as the others. I can't believe Carly Smithson was in the bottom 3 though.

Ranger Mom
03-19-2008, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Kristy Lee Cook is way better looking, thats the only reason. They both weren't near as good as the others. I can't believe Carly Smithson was in the bottom 3 though.

She does have a very good voice, but I can't get past that big ugly tattoo on her arm...shallow of me, I know!!

BreckTxLonghorn
03-19-2008, 09:21 PM
The bald guy with the combover gets my vote from here on out simply for bringing out the Peter Frampton mic.

And I like Chikezie. Inglewood Represent.

Lastly, remember: Being pretty will at least get you into the top 10. Happens every year. Its not like Amanda Overmeyer was gonna win anyways.

BobcatBenny
03-19-2008, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
And I like Chikezie. Inglewood Represent.
A what?

Ranger Mom
03-19-2008, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
A what?

Thank you!! I was confused too!!

Jason Castro is a Rockwall, Texas kid....and he's so darned humble!!

kepdawg
03-19-2008, 09:30 PM
I liked her the first couple of times I saw her, but thought her "sound" would get old.

In fact, I have decided if mwynn05 had dreadlocks, he would look a lot like Jason Castro...they have similiar eyes and smile!!:D

Castro looks like a girl with nappy hair!

Ranger Mom
03-19-2008, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Castro looks like a girl with nappy hair!

I guess since you didn't call him a "hoe with nappy hair" it's okay!!;)

44INAROW
03-19-2008, 09:34 PM
I like David Cook but my favorite is Michael Johns :D The "rocker chick" was ok but a little of her went a long way I think.........but I certainly didn't see her leaving this week. I thought Christy Cook was history:eek:

Ranger Mom
03-19-2008, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I like David Cook but my favorite is Michael Johns :D The "rocker chick" was ok but a little of her went a long way I think.........but I certainly didn't see her leaving this week. I thought Christy Cook was history:eek:

I think my "problem" with Michael Johns is that he has already had a recording contract and record in Australia (I think)...same with Carly. IMO, they aren't "undiscovered" talant!!

Bull19
03-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Thank you!! I was confused too!!

Jason Castro is a Rockwall, Texas kid....and he's so darned humble!!

the rockwall kid is ugly and terrible. imo he sucks.

44INAROW
03-19-2008, 09:48 PM
I think my "problem" with Michael Johns is that he has already had a recording contract and record in Australia (I think)...same with Carly. IMO, they aren't "undiscovered" talant!!
I had no idea Michael John's had a contract or a record - I don't follow too closely - I am a "fast foward" watcher pretty much lol.... heck, I didn't realize he sang - he's just easy on the eyes....... :D :D :D at first I didnt' like Jason Castro, but he's growing on me.. ;)

Ranger Mom
03-19-2008, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I had no idea Michael John's had a contract or a record - I don't follow too closely - I am a "fast foward" watcher pretty much lol.... heck, I didn't realize he sang - he just is easy on the eyes....... :D :D :D at first I didnt' like Jason Castro, but he's growing on me.. ;)

Jason Castro is growing on me too. He is just so darn likeable!!

BreckTxLonghorn
03-19-2008, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
A what?

The guy grew up in not the best area, took a job to support himself while finding ways to keep singing,and from what I could tell, has just worked at trying to achieve his dream (he's tried out 2 or 3 times). You can't help but appreciate the guy; plus I like how he performs, though the harmonica was odd.

Ranger Mom
03-19-2008, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
The guy grew up in not the best area, took a job to support himself while finding ways to keep singing,and from what I could tell, has just worked at trying to achieve his dream (he's tried out 2 or 3 times). You can't help but appreciate the guy; plus I like how he performs, though the harmonica was odd.

I like him....he's very energetic!

CHS_CG
03-19-2008, 11:00 PM
well thats a spirit breaker! I loved amanda but I guess me not voting for the 30 minutes after the show straight messed it all up:( atleast I still have Jason Castro though.. he is awesome... hes hot, he can sing, he can play guitar.. hes got it all!

mwynn05
03-20-2008, 12:16 AM

In fact, I have decided if mwynn05 had dreadlocks, he would look a lot like Jason Castro...they have similiar eyes and smile!!:D dont relate me to some punk on that show

3ABirdMan
03-20-2008, 07:52 AM

I liked Amanda. Reminds me of a female Chris Doughtry. I think she has the stage presence and is enough of an entertainer someone will pick her up amd make a "go" of her, especially with the success Daughtry has had.

Snyder_TigerFan
03-20-2008, 08:14 AM
I couldn't stand "biker chick" and was surprised she even made it into the top 24. I couldn't imagine listening to an album of her deep, loud, scratchy voice.

IMO, any of the top 6 could win it. My top 6 being -
David Archuleta
Micheal Johns
Jason Castro
David Cook
Brooke White (she needs to shut up and let the judges talk)
Carly Smithson

Everyone else will be the next to go.

Ranger Mom
03-20-2008, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05
dont relate me to some punk on that show

LOL!! It is what it is!!:p

BuffyMars
03-20-2008, 09:57 AM

so he's cute then? ;)

Sftball4Life
03-20-2008, 10:23 AM
I think Amanda may have slit her own throat with the comment about ballads being boring or whatever it was she said after she sang Tuesday night. Rock ballads make for some of the greatest songs ever...

Ranger Mom
03-20-2008, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
so he's cute then? ;)

I think so!!:)

pirate4state
03-20-2008, 10:38 AM
Let's talk about Survivor!! :D I don't watch American Idol!

Ranger Mom
03-20-2008, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Let's talk about Survivor!! :D I don't watch American Idol!

Okay!!!

Kristy Lee Cook is pulling off the "Survivor" every week she doesn't get eliminated on American Idol!!

How's that???:p :p

pirate4state
03-20-2008, 10:44 AM
Okay!!!

Kristy Lee Cook is pulling off the "Survivor" every week she doesn't get eliminated on American Idol!!

How's that???:p :p

No, no, no....

and

no, no, no to this guy looking like mark!

http://www.americanidol.com/media/contestants/season7/finalists/jason_c.jpg

Ranger Mom
03-20-2008, 10:46 AM
No, no, no....

and

no, no, no to this guy looking like mark!

http://www.americanidol.com/media/contestants/season7/finalists/jason_c.jpg

Marks smile reminds me of that guys...and his eyes do to!

I have a pic of Mark driving my truck and he has a big grin on his face....I wish it wasn't on my broken computer, I would put dreadslocks on him and you would see what I am saying!!!

I think they are both cute myself!!:p

pirate4state
03-20-2008, 10:51 AM
Marks smile reminds me of that guys...and his eyes do to!

I have a pic of Mark driving my truck and he has a big grin on his face....I wish it wasn't on my broken computer, I would put dreadslocks on him and you would see what I am saying!!!

I think they are both cute myself!!:p

I just don't see it, but you hung out with Mark longer than I did.

I tried to see if he had a pic on his myspace profile that has him smiling....nope and I don't think he'll be smiling when he comes back to read our comments! :eek:

I didn't start it Mark! :D

Ranger Mom
03-20-2008, 10:55 AM
I just don't see it, but you hung out with Mark longer than I did.

I tried to see if he had a pic on his myspace profile that has him smiling....nope and I don't think he'll be smiling when he comes back to read our comments! :eek:

I didn't start it Mark! :D

I'm not scared of Mark!!:hand:

It is only when Jason Castro has a big smile and his eyes "crinkle" that he reminds me of Mark.

I do agree though, Mark needs more pics of him smiling....I lost all the ones I had.

He has a beautiful smile!!

Oh....and I didn't say they could pass for identical twins or anything....I just said he reminded me of him!!:p

pirate4state
03-20-2008, 11:01 AM
I'm not scared of Mark!!:hand:

It is only when Jason Castro has a big smile and his eyes "crinkle" that he reminds me of Mark.

I do agree though, Mark needs more pics of him smiling....I lost all the ones I had.

He has a beautiful smile!!

Oh....and I didn't say they could pass for identical twins or anything....I just said he reminded me of him!!:p

I never said you were scared of Mark! :doh:

He does have a nice smile, as does his little bro Cody. :)

Ranger Mom
03-20-2008, 11:02 AM
I never said you were scared of Mark! :doh:

He does have a nice smile, as does his little bro Cody. :)

I only met Cody that one time, and that barely even registered....it was just too darn cold!!!

pirate4state
03-20-2008, 11:05 AM
I only met Cody that one time, and that barely even registered....it was just too darn cold!!! He will be devasted seeing as how you are his favorite mod! :speech: :rolleyes: :D

Ranger Mom
03-20-2008, 11:08 AM
He will be devasted seeing as how you are his favorite mod! :speech: :rolleyes: :D

I remember meeting him, I just don't remember talking to him long enough to see his awesome smile!!:D

That was a kind of frantic half-time.....and us playing "hide and seek" didn't help!!;)

pirate4state
03-20-2008, 11:27 AM
I remember meeting him, I just don't remember talking to him long enough to see his awesome smile!!:D

That was a kind of frantic half-time.....and us playing "hide and seek" didn't help!!;)

LMAO "hide and seek"

Ranger Mom
03-20-2008, 11:28 AM
LMAO "hide and seek"

I wasn't sure if you would catch on to the reference I was making, or not!!:p

pirate4state
03-20-2008, 11:30 AM
I wasn't sure if you would catch on to the reference I was making, or not!!:p

Yeah, it's been a crazy week. Heck, just 2 minutes ago someone was pissed that they couldn't talk to my boss. "they told me he'd be in on Wednesday" me: "he was, today is thursday!" {silence} uh huh....whatcha gonna say now? :rolleyes: