PDA

View Full Version : Reg. III, Cameron yoe 1st,Bridge City 2nd, Elgin 3rd-CrossCountry- Football ?

Old Cardinal
11-19-2002, 11:18 AM
I just wonder if there is any connection to 3 of the 4 teams left in Div. I, Reg. III Playoffs in football; in that they also ranked one-two-three in cross-country. All seem to have good incipient training for Junior High athletes, many who end up in football pads. There are other schools like Jasper and Newton that specialize in the short races. Cross Country builds a lot of competitive character. I know that Bridge City's Jr. won the Regionals- and Regionals is the highest Bracket available, of Jr.Hi. I understand, their Senior Hi. Boys, were high enough in the State rankings to receive an invitation to the team Nationals-which they have accepted. I think Cameron Yoe, Bridge City and Elgin might just have something working for them.....Please look around your Regions and see if there is any possible connection there.

theyoefnshow
11-19-2002, 11:37 AM
I don't think I get what the question is.....Cross Country and football in Cameron have nothing much to do with each other. The CC team is a state contender every year it seems. Conditioning is a very big deal (or was when I played) for our fb coaches and the end of practice was always finished with some very rigorous running or sprinting of some sort.

Old Cardinal
11-19-2002, 12:49 PM
To They........I guess the question is do these Jr. Hi. C-C participants end up playing Football later? at CY.

theyoefnshow
11-19-2002, 01:04 PM
lol....no, ususally the CC kids are the skinniest white boys and mexicans they can find! There hasn't been any transition that I know of and if there was, it wasn't noticable. In fact, one time we had a decent, get this TACKLE quit football his Jr. year and took on Cross Country. To this day I'll never understand why, as he was about 6'2 230 or so......but...that is another story.....