PDA

View Full Version : Giddings..........McCaig, give me a break

bigman33
04-23-2002, 02:08 PM
McCaig was 5-5, 10-4, and 5-6 he last year with a group of seniors who did not care if they win or lose. In 1998, they barely made the playoffs, going 3-2 in district. McCaig was never an offensive genius and he did change his offensive before the first game against La Grange because they were getting there butts kicked in the scrimmages. Take it from someone who played under Warrick, McCaig, and Ivey systems. Warrick was a great coach, leader and had discipline. McCaig had no discipline and played too many politics. Ivey was the best coach, was totally honest with hit players and by far is the best coach. Simmonds should have been named the head coach and he would still be here. Old Buff, don't say that McCaig was a genius, Coach Price was the offensive guru.

bigman33
04-23-2002, 02:18 PM
Also, Odell is not here full time. I have heard many good things and many bad things. But, I have heard he is bringing in some good coaches. He also lost a great staff, good luck to the buffs and to Coach Odell.

Odell missed Monday and Tuesday of this week.

oldbuff78
04-26-2002, 11:26 AM
Hey Bigman, I know you have a opion and thats fine but, McCaig put many things together that worked. I know, for various reasons. He never had Price for OC, Ivey brought him in. I am sad that we have a Head coach that is only here part time. Now that is not cool!!! What you think??

buffalo booster
04-26-2002, 12:04 PM
Y'all need to give Odell a break. He is trying to sell his house and get his family moved. He's still in Giddings at least four days each week. The kids seem to be responsive to what he is trying to accomplish. Let's give the guy a chance to hire some coaches and get settled...

oldbuff78
04-26-2002, 02:25 PM
Its not a matter of giving him a break, he is a teacher. So lets tell all the teachers to start only teaching 4 days a week!!

exguru
04-26-2002, 02:44 PM
Oldbuff,
You confuse me. Let's look at some of your posting history: 1.) You claim to have played football at UT and played in the Cotton and Bluebonnet Bowls 2.) You said at one time that you were'nt from Giddings but live there now 3.)Then you said you coached nearby 4.) Then you said that you were at the Regional Coaches meeting in Houston, but yet last time you said you were now coaching in San Antonio 5.) At times during the playoffs you posted to some of the Giddings kids that you see them everyday. 6.) Your user info said that you were posting from Giddings. Wow! I think you might be full of it!! Let's see: your last post, quote, "I'm sad that"WE" have a head coach that is not "HERE" all the time????? Sounds to me like you are and now live in Giddings. My question, if you do coach in San Antonio, where? Why are you so concerned with Giddings, and not your own school? No disrespect intended, because you seem highly knowledgable in the field. Maybe just a little too knowledgable about Giddings if your from the "outside"!

oldbuff78
04-26-2002, 04:12 PM
I do not live in the city limits!!! I am very close to GHS and some coaches. I live in Lee county and commute back and forth. I don't know why your so worried about me. You know by some of my postings that I know what's going on with Giddings sports. Were you at the Houston clinic? Why don't you tell us what you do?

Jacket2000
04-26-2002, 05:37 PM
C'mon, OldBuff, you only addressed one thing that exguru brought up. There were several other point that he made and I, for one, would like to hear your explaination for the rest of'em.
J2K

oldbuff78
04-26-2002, 10:21 PM
Its all the truth. But i cant reveal all my sources, than i could not tell you whats going to happen. I will keep you posted as things occur. What is so baffling to those in Giddings is that i know so much. Do you live in Ennis Jacket?

Jacket2000
04-26-2002, 11:27 PM
I noticed that you overlooked several points that exguru made, so I'll help ya out some.

1.) You claim to have played football at UT and played in the Cotton and Bluebonnet Bowls 2.) You said at one time that you were'nt from Giddings but live there now 3.)Then you said you coached nearby 4.) Then you said that you were at the Regional Coaches meeting in Houston, but yet last time you said you were now coaching in San Antonio 5.) At times during the playoffs you posted to some of the Giddings kids that you see them everyday. 6.) Your user info said that you were posting from Giddings.

Here, hope this helps. And, yes, I do live in Ennis.
J2K

oldbuff78
04-27-2002, 08:09 AM
And yes that is all true, Do you know any Pools in Ennis?

INOUNVME
04-29-2002, 10:07 AM
There are some strange things going on around here. People avoiding issues and such. Here is my question - when is Coach Odell going to start working in Giddings full time? Also, what is stopping him from doing this NOW? Apparently he has support here, but from my outside viewpoint, he is going to start losing some very quickly if things don't pick up. The kids in Giddings deserve to be coached and treated well EVERYDAY.

oldbuff78
04-30-2002, 09:42 PM
That is a good question, ride your board members butts on that one. The kids deserve that!!

2AKH
05-01-2002, 09:57 AM
I thought he was there most of the time now. How much of his offseason has he implemented. I have heard that Giddings is working on Football at least a couple of days a week now, hopefully he is there the days they are working football. What defense are the going to run does anyone know yet. Doesn't he have a son, is he going to move him early or what until next year. Just curious and hoping for the best for the buffalos.

bigman33
05-03-2002, 09:26 AM
Coach Odell is now here full time and he is putting in double tights, shotgun, 3 backs offense. A direct snap to the middle runningback and basically running the option. He put in the qb counter, triple option, trap, and basic pass plays to the tighends. Jon Green and Matt Degeralami are both getting reps with the first team. Bobby Nicks is doing well at running back and Brett Behrends is playing tight end. They moved Jonathon Lehmann to right tackle to fill in some soft spots on the line and put Ricky Pedraza back at left tackle from tightend. Marshall is still at center and Frank Meuth, Joe's younger brother is at right guard, and Dustin Kieschnick is at left guard. Byron Campbell came back out for football and is playing receiver and Dwain Crawford is doing a good job at receiver also.

Overall, the team is young, but is headed in the right direction.

oldbuff78
05-03-2002, 10:00 PM
I knew Green would be at the QB spot, hope he does well!!

Jacket2000
05-03-2002, 11:53 PM
Did Odell bring his son with him? I cant remember if he graduated or not, but I know he was pretty good.
J2K

bigman33
05-06-2002, 09:42 PM
Coach Odell has a son that will be a Junior next year. His son is not here in Giddings yet, I have heard they will not be here till the summer time, for summer workouts. He might show up sooner to finish out spring ball, but it does not look like it.

exguru
05-09-2002, 01:23 PM
OldBuff,
You going to go watch Giddings play Robinson tonight in Georgetown? I got to go to the game last Sat. Maybe I'll see you there?
ex