PDA

View Full Version : Burnet can fall back on the run or pass unlike other teams in the district

mwisnews
10-29-2003, 02:37 AM
I love how Burnet runs their offense. They can pass, pass, pass, and then slip up the defense and put in a run. Just like the first posession of last year's Jasper/Burnet game. I love it how when Wimberely stopped the passing, sort of, they had something to fall back on. It was the run and me and the Burnet fans saw Levens run all over Wimberley. They have the ability to transition to another good part of their offense.

Take for example Liberty Hill. We all know they can run the ball and wear down a defense. What happens when someone shuts down the running game. Take for example last year against Burnet. Burnet stopped the running game completly and when they tried to pass it was already too late. They couldn't pass worth anything and Burnet ended up winning the district.

For a good team to make it high to the playoffs the offense has to be balanced. If your a running team then someone will stop the run and you can't pass. If your a passing team then you can't run if they stop the pass. Burnet has the talent to do both and ONE main reason they will get high into the playoffs this year. I think Liberty Hill will do good, but they can't run all the time when they get deep into the playoffs.

mwisnews
10-29-2003, 11:41 AM
What do you think about this?

Gobbla2001
10-29-2003, 11:45 AM
Yah, it's pretty dangerous when a team has to focuss on pass pass passs... Then comes the running game...

BulldogGrl64
10-29-2003, 01:37 PM
It's good for a team to have a good mixture between passing and running the ball. Not only does it keep the defense not knowing what to expect next, but also gives you the advantage of having a back up plan. As far as Burnet is concerned, I think that McGee should try to throw the ball more rather than scramble so much. Not that I have anything against McGee or Burnet, cause I think that they are an awesome team. I would really like to see them win State this year, but I just think that they should mix it up a little more with the passing. Although watching McGee scramble for 25 yards to get a first down is pretty exciting to watch!