PDA

View Full Version : Marine Corps.

NateDawg39
03-19-2008, 08:53 AM
About to leave to go take the ASVAB test for the Marine Corps to see what jobs I qualify for. Wish me luck...:nerd:

BobcatBenny
03-19-2008, 10:13 AM
Thank you.

BuffyMars
03-19-2008, 10:14 AM
sweet! best of luck! :D

pirate4state
03-19-2008, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
About to leave to go take the ASVAB test for the Marine Corps to see what jobs I qualify for. Wish me luck...:nerd:

good luck

NateDawg39
03-19-2008, 11:23 AM
I scored a 70!! So that means I qualify for basically anything I want, excluding Officers school since I have one and a half years left of college :rolleyes:

Now I just to decide if joining the Marines is a wise decison or not :thinking:

Reds fan
03-19-2008, 12:12 PM
Great job!

Best of luck with your decision.

BobcatBenny
03-19-2008, 03:33 PM
If you are being successful in school, you should look at a program called, "The Platoon Leader Class" or PLC.

The Marine Corps PLC is sort of a try it before you buy it plan.

I did this when I was in college.

They will send you to Quantico Virginia for training in the summer. And when I went you were paid Staff Sgt. pay for the time I was there. It was good summer work.

Then during the school year, you attend college.

Once you graduate, after you walk across the stage, a Marine officer meets you and pins the butter bars on your uniform. You are then a Marine.

Up until you walk across the graduation stage, you can option out of the Marine Corps.

If you need money for school, the Marine Corp will give it to you, but as you realize this brings required repayment or obligation.

One of the most interesting things I ever did in my life.

Typically the Marine Recruiters will not offer you this option unless you know about it, but if you ask, they will be happy to get you set up.