PDA

View Full Version : Can this day get any longer!!!

Ranger Mom
08-29-2003, 02:10 PM
I took off work today because I knew I wouldn't get anything done. I can't seem to get anything done at home either. I have packed and re-packed all my football "paraphernalia", went to the pep-rally...heck I even took a nap, thinking time would pass a little faster. (Maybe my clock is broken!!) I thought the longest day of the year was in July!! :D

pirate4state
08-29-2003, 02:20 PM
At least you get to attend a game! :( I have to wait until next week, but what a game to watch, Sinton vs. G-P. :D Good Luck to the Rangers!!

Ranger Mom
08-29-2003, 02:22 PM
Thanks pirate4state!!

Does Sinton not have a open week between pre-season and district play??

I was just wondering why you don't play tonight!!

Still trying to learn all the ins and outs of the game!! :D

turbostud
08-29-2003, 02:22 PM
I got about 3 1/2 hours of sleep. I was up until 2am tossing and turning. Talk about excitement. :D

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-29-2003, 02:29 PM
pirate4state:
At least you get to attend a game! :( I have to wait until next week, but what a game to watch, Sinton vs. G-P. :D Good Luck to the Rangers!!Y'know....you can go watch Port Isabel and La Vernia at Gregory-Portland to take care of your football fix. It's reasonably close to you.

Ranger Mom
08-29-2003, 03:01 PM
4.5 hrs. left.

In 30 minutes I get to go pick up my kids from school...by the time I get back home we should be down to 3.5 hrs!!!
:D :D

pirate4state
08-29-2003, 03:14 PM
RangerMom, Sinton does play tonight (away) but I'm unable to make the game. :( I'll survive via the downlow. http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/icons/icon10.gif

TFINT-I wanted to watch PTI tonight, but I don't want to jinx Sinton by going to G-P. :D

Good Luck & I'll talk to whoever tonight on the board!! Almost out of work. woo-hoo

Gilmer Buckeye
08-29-2003, 03:33 PM
Yeah, it's only two hours now before I leave for the stadium. However, being on the job has made the day go faster.

We had a good pep rally last night at our stadium. Our coach, who NEVER SAID we would win state, as I see on practically every message board I have found so far this year (he was misquoted, but the damage has been done by the "gotcha" sportswriter who did it to him), made a very good presentation and so did a couple of our players.

He mentioned the Collier-Sharp prediction (Gilmer by 29) and then disagreed with it, saying it wouldn't be a blowout because the Gladewater-Gilmer rivalry never has been subject to lopsided scores. (Actually, the rivalry did experience some lopsided scores in Gladewater's favor, but that was back when our coach was still in diapers.)

Good luck and Godspeed to your Midland Greenwood Rangers tonight!

marlin fan
08-29-2003, 04:08 PM
Today went by fast to me... I guess its because i was takeing tests almost all day!!!!! Now im ready for some football, to bad Marlins Varsity doesnt have a game tonight. but ill be at the JV game :)

HotDawg89
08-29-2003, 05:22 PM
Only about an hour before we leave for the game, (10 blocks away.) I feel like the time could not go any slower. It is making me crazy. I actually broke out in hives today from the anticipation... do you think people in Main get this excited over a sport? Or is it just us crazy Texans that go bananas over football? T...I...C...K......T...O...C...K....T...I...C...K. .....T...O...C...K....T...I...C...K......T...O...C ...K....T...I...C...K......T...O...C...K....