PDA

View Full Version : Burent 61 Ingram 0

b-townhottie06
11-01-2003, 01:42 PM
Whata Game! Ingram was a good team...but where were all the people there to support them???

3afan2K3
11-01-2003, 01:43 PM
yeah, sounds like a close one...why dont u try reading down before you post something thats already been posted 8 million times....

BHS#1
11-01-2003, 02:27 PM
and you misspelled Burnet.

3afan2K3
11-01-2003, 02:32 PM
BHS#1:
and you misspelled Burnet.ROFLMAO

b-townhottie06
11-01-2003, 02:33 PM
Opps. Sorry. BURNET!!
I never said it was close. But Ingram was a good team.

LH Panther Mom
11-01-2003, 02:33 PM
3afan2K3:
yeah, sounds like a close one...why dont u try reading down before you post something thats already been posted 8 million times....I think there's a large cabbage patch in Burnet, because a short while ago, she picked Wimberley to beat Bandera in a close game. (I'm just teasing, b-townhottie, so please don't take this seriously.) wink

b-townhottie06
11-01-2003, 04:14 PM
Im not taking it personal! Good Luck Friday!

LH Panther Mom
11-01-2003, 04:17 PM
Good luck to Burnet, as well. Hope all players make it through the game with no injuries.

The Guru
11-01-2003, 07:09 PM
Speaking of where all the people were. Burnet told the Ingram Administrators that they would be bringing around 3500. I heard there were only about 800 to 1000 at most. Sounds like a little overestimation.

b-townhottie06
11-01-2003, 08:24 PM
Well not many people go to the far away games b/c of the drive.

3afan
11-01-2003, 08:33 PM
The Guru:
Speaking of where all the people were. Burnet told the Ingram Administrators that they would be bringing around 3500. I heard there were only about 800 to 1000 at most. Sounds like a little overestimation.imagine that ...
:D

Gobbla2001
11-01-2003, 08:34 PM
3afan:

The Guru:
Speaking of where all the people were. Burnet told the Ingram Administrators that they would be bringing around 3500. I heard there were only about 800 to 1000 at most. Sounds like a little overestimation.imagine that ...
:D They were all on the 3adownlow.... have been :D

Bandera YaYa
11-02-2003, 12:39 AM
LH Panther Mom:

3afan2K3:
yeah, sounds like a close one...why dont u try reading down before you post something thats already been posted 8 million times....I think there's a large cabbage patch in Burnet, because a short while ago, she picked Wimberley to beat Bandera in a close game. (I'm just teasing, b-townhottie, so please don't take this seriously.) wink Well, after hearing the score of this game, I was happy that we at least scored against Burnet!! :D
That might end up being the highlight of our year!! :D

BHS#1
11-02-2003, 09:44 AM
The Guru:
Speaking of where all the people were. Burnet told the Ingram Administrators that they would be bringing around 3500. I heard there were only about 800 to 1000 at most. Sounds like a little overestimation.Well how many Ingram fans were there? I heard Burnet had more fans than Ingram. Booya!!

<small>[ November 02, 2003, 08:46 AM: Message edited by: BHS#1 ]</small>

BurnetBandRules
11-02-2003, 09:52 AM
I also noticed alot of fans on the Ingram side leaving a little soon. I hate to see that! I really hope that doesn't happen when we play Liberty Hill. I feel that if you come to the game to watch it, then you need to stay. Support all around, not just when winning!

The Guru
11-02-2003, 12:18 PM
Everyone has more fans than Ingram. But when Burnet's school calls Ingram and says to be prepared for the 3500 fans y'all will be bringing, you need to bring them. Maybe the Burnet Booster Club can help absorb some of the losses Ingram accrued in A LOT of unsold food.

Ingram got down to the 5. It was just with one second left in the half. They could have kicked a FG, but went for a TD, preserving Burnet's shutout.

Gobbla2001
11-02-2003, 12:19 PM
The Guru:
Everyone has more fans than Ingram. But when Burnet's school calls Ingram and says to be prepared for the 3500 fans y'all will be bringing, you need to bring them. Maybe the Burnet Booster Club can help absorb some of the losses Ingram accrued in A LOT of unsold food.

Ingram got down to the 5. It was just with one second left in the half. They could have kicked a FG, but went for a TD, preserving Burnet's shutout.It's alright, Burnet's just thinking big this year, that's all...

olddawggreen
11-02-2003, 12:26 PM
Maybe they all got side tracted by the bright lights of Fredricksburg and Kerville on the way over to Ingram. Its hard to pass through those places with out stopping. :D :D

BHS#1
11-02-2003, 12:34 PM
I was told that they didn't restock there concession from the Thursday night game and ran out of some drinks before the game started.

Chris Hart
11-02-2003, 02:29 PM
BHS#1:
I was told that they didn't restock there concession from the Thursday night game and ran out of some drinks before the game started.Well, I don't know about the drink deal, but maybe the food they were left holding was the small briskets they were trying to sell for $30.00. eek!

20dawgz05
11-02-2003, 02:33 PM
oh i know i was like DANG KIDS u could buy the whole cow for that haha!!!

The Guru
11-02-2003, 04:09 PM
They had plenty of drinks and still have plenty of drinks. And what was left was 700 hamburgers. They only sold 300. Your administrators should not tell Ingram's that you will bring 3500 fans and then only bring 800.

Chris Hart
11-02-2003, 09:47 PM
The Guru:
They had plenty of drinks and still have plenty of drinks. And what was left was 700 hamburgers. They only sold 300. Your administrators should not tell Ingram's that you will bring 3500 fans and then only bring 800.Guru, maybe the Ingram admins. shoudn't take one man's word for how many people Burnet would be bringing. It wasn't like they had already sold the tickets and had everybody's seat reserved on our 70 charter buses, Come on. Why would they ever think that many people would go to Ingram for a game that is an 2 hour drive one way, that was expected to be a blowout and had no effect on Burnet's season. You yourself have been trying to lead folks to believe that Ingram didn't care if they could beat/play with Burnet, so why would they go? I myself left at the half. BTW, I'm not buying your charade of Ingram's coaches/players not caring if they got blown out by Burnet, because Wimberley is all they care about. :rolleyes: In that case, the Warriors should be real confident in their abilities when they take on Wimberley, after a 61-0 drubbing at the hands of Burnet. I'm not an arrogant fan, but come on, Ingram was spanked severely and there was nothing they or the Ingram coaches could do about it, no matter how much you tell yourself they could've. Geeeez!

<small>[ November 02, 2003, 08:50 PM: Message edited by: Chris Hart ]</small>

olddawggreen
11-02-2003, 09:55 PM
Waaaaaaaaaaa! Waaaaaaaaaa! dey din buy my hamboogers Waaaaaaaa! we colda beat dem if we wannted to Waaaaaaa! sniffle sniffle, we just dinna wan to :( :( :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

olddawggreen
11-02-2003, 09:57 PM
It was also Halloween goober, I mean guru, did you ever think that a lot of people in Burnet and Ingram have small children that still trick or treat. Quit whinnning! :mad: :mad:

<small>[ November 02, 2003, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: olddawggreen ]</small>

BHS#1
11-02-2003, 10:08 PM
Well I guess we know what the kids are going to have for lunch on Monday.

The Guru
11-02-2003, 10:43 PM
Wow, I can tell why nobody likes the Burnet fans on here. You make me want to root against y'all even after I went to all your playoff games last year in support for a state championship. Don't turn me off from I team I enjoy watching.

The only reason I brought up the Burnet fans is becuase someone mentioned the lack of Ingram fans. Well that's all Ingram gets at their games. But when one school calls the other and tells them to expect 3500, that's what the other school expects, even if it was Halloween or the day before deer season, and even if it's not going to be a close game. Maybe Burnet shouldn't overestimate next time. Some of the Burnet fans must have been expecting the same turnout since they were there at 4:00 to get their seats. To be honest, I thought there would be 1500-2000, but I overestimated too.

About the game, Ingram had no chance of even keeping it close. We all know that. To an extent, the Ingram players knew that. Remember, these kids have played Burnet the last two years. They knew what was in store. They watch film on Burnet. They saw what Burnet did to a Llano team they beat by 5. Ingram has to beat Wimberley to make the playoffs. Why spend an entire week putting in a new defensive scheme, similar to the one Wimberley used, when you can work on what you need to do to make the playoffs? Burnet's second team's TD came on the Ingram subs. If Ingram was worried about the score, they would have left the starters in. Ingram didn't want to get anyone hurt, and thankfully, they didn't. Saturday morning they were watching more film on Wimberley, not the game from the night before.

Ingram ran their normal stuff against Burnet. They ran against Burnet what they'll run against Wimberley. Imagine how much easier that will seem next week. Ingram could have run the ball every down to keep the clock moving and put in a new defense to try and disrupt Burnet, but why? To only lose 42-0?

olddawggreen
11-02-2003, 11:25 PM
Please forgive me for getting on your case so bad guru. I just get so tired of all the sniping that goes on here. It seems that after every game Burnet plays, we have to deal with someones sour grapes. If someone from the Burnet administration called and told Ingram that they should expect 3,500 Burnet fans in Halloween night, the night before deer season opens, they just flat miscalculated. Ingram needs to decide how to stock their concession stand based on their past experience and how much they want to sell and not on what someone else tells them. If you run out of hamburgers before the game is over, thats ok. It happened in Llano and it was no big deal. And as far as the comment about the Burnet game not meaning anything to Ingram, if thats your stratagy and game plan, so be it. Its definatly a different one. Any way peace be with you and good luck with the rest of your games.

The Guru
11-02-2003, 11:38 PM
Luckily, they only had 1000 hamburgers to sell. It was a good thing, since they only sold 300.

If Ingram beats Wimberley, I think everything will be okay. One thing making the Burnet game even more lopsided was the kickoff Ingram did not cover, setting up another quick score for Burnet. That was a stupid mistake. I think Ingram's players were in awe of how good Burnet was.

jerry7
11-02-2003, 11:40 PM
ahhhhhhhhhh like that is suppose to a victory.........come on

The Guru
11-02-2003, 11:51 PM
ahhhhhhhhhh like that is suppose to a victory.........come on I'm not sure what that means

LH Panther Mom
11-02-2003, 11:56 PM
The Guru:

ahhhhhhhhhh like that is suppose to a victory.........come on I'm not sure what that meansWell, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. :rolleyes:

bigdogsbulldogmom
11-03-2003, 07:28 PM
if someone wouldve covered that kickoff then it couldve only been 55-0,.............less lopsided?okay :rolleyes: :D

The Guru
11-03-2003, 10:08 PM
<small>[ November 03, 2003, 09:10 PM: Message edited by: The Guru ]</small>