PDA

View Full Version : FORNEY AT COMMERCE -Let the talk begin

kaorder1999
10-29-2001, 01:12 PM
Finally, the talk can begin without people arguing about "looking ahead"! Whats the predictions?

Forney 24
Commerce 10

Alvaradobacker
10-29-2001, 02:21 PM
Commerce in a huge upset, 28-21.

eye of the tiger
10-29-2001, 02:33 PM
Tigers have only lost one district game in the last 10 years or so. Tigers playing at home. I love the Tigers(no points for that but it makes me feel good). Gotta admit Forney is awesome and maybe the best 3A team in the state but On this Friday night, Tigers 21 Forney 20. You gotta believe

TIGERS NEVER QUIT

jackhammer
10-29-2001, 02:56 PM
who cares alvarado has already beaten one of them and would beat the other !

vfunk
10-29-2001, 03:23 PM
yeah alvarado did have that 1 point BLOWOUT. riiiight...we'll see just how good you alvarado kids are when it comes playoff time...if youre lucky you wont have to play Forney

jackhammer
10-29-2001, 03:27 PM
ONE POINT IS ENOUGH , JUST ASK COMMERCE FOOL!

IFryKids
10-29-2001, 04:34 PM
Forney 35
Commerce 14

JRabbit_Fan
10-29-2001, 06:57 PM
Won't have to worry about Alvarado. They'll never make it out of their region.

eye of the tiger
10-29-2001, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Alvaradobacker:
Commerce in a huge upset, 28-21.

Thanks for the support Alvarado. I had a feeling I was going to be standing alone for this game.

deliriousmaniac
10-29-2001, 07:37 PM
Forney didn't impress me enough to be able to beat Commerce at home when they played Aledo. I'm going to have to go with Commerce, 21-14

Matthew328
10-29-2001, 09:22 PM
Check the Region 2 games of the week!! LOL

tylerrose
10-29-2001, 09:39 PM
Forney will roll. Commerce has only played one good team all year and what did that good team do to them? Kicked their butt.

TheSage
10-29-2001, 11:28 PM
Who is Alvarado? Never heard of them. Did they beat Commerce?

IFryKids
10-29-2001, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by deliriousmaniac:
Forney didn't impress me enough to be able to beat Commerce at home when they played Aledo. I'm going to have to go with Commerce, 21-14
I may be wrong, but wasn't it very rainy and muddy for that game? That was the only home game I haven't been to, so I might be mistaken. That was also the very first game of the season. If you haven't noticed, Forney has absolutely dominated since then.

[This message has been edited by IFryKids (edited October 29, 2001).]

Super Joe
10-30-2001, 12:11 AM
The truth of the matter is that Alvarado whooped commerce al over the field. Turnovers were the only reason they were in it. 3 inside the 30, 2 inside the 20. They couldnt put up the points of that Alvarado D. We wouldve beat em by 28 if we wouldve held on to the ball.

dufresne_96
10-30-2001, 12:52 AM
Listen to the game if you can't go to it. 7:00 pre-game show on lonestarteams.com. The game will be archived so listen to it.

kaorder1999
10-30-2001, 01:09 AM
I'll tell you this...Forney isnt the same team they were in week one by no means. They are TONS better!

I'll tell you what, if you're not in Commerce on Friday..you're crazy. Its going to be awesome! Wow...what an awesome setting. I don't think it gets any better than this. Highschool football at its best. Regardless of winner/loser.....it doesn't get any better than this!!

eye of the tiger
10-30-2001, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Super Joe:
The truth of the matter is that Alvarado whooped commerce al over the field. Turnovers were the only reason they were in it. 3 inside the 30, 2 inside the 20. They couldnt put up the points of that Alvarado D. We wouldve beat em by 28 if we wouldve held on to the ball.
I agree with you that Alvarado was the better team that night, however turnovers are part of the game. It was the Commerce defense causing those turnovers. If you want to talk about would haves then Commerce would have won if there had been time for one more play. the game ended with the Tigers on the one yard line See what I mean. Would haves dont count. You guys won the game and you deserved the win there is no doubt about that. Well off my soap box. Good luck to Alvarado the rest of the year and in the play-offs.

maestro
10-30-2001, 09:35 AM
Let's not underestimate Commerce's D. The only reason they have the few points scored on them is because they are not greedy. They pull their starters when they get up. Most of the points scored on themcome in the 4th.
As for Forney, they're good but not good enough. Commerce's offense will come through. It will be close but Commerce wins at home!!! 27-20 Commerce http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Alvaradobacker
10-30-2001, 11:17 AM
JRabbit fan, you've got it backwards, friend. Alvarado doesn't have to worry about Forney because Forney won't make it out of THEIR region. As a matter of fact, Forney won't make it past the second round when Everman will stomp a mudhole in their backsides. The D1 playoffs are academic. Everman will not lose this year.

TheSage
10-30-2001, 03:09 PM
While your riding Everman's jock, don't forget to dismount before your next game.

Alvaradobacker
10-30-2001, 03:31 PM
That's pretty clever, Sage. You must've named yourself after the spice, because YOU'RE (that's the contraction for "you are," moron) not very wise.

The ForneyCators were and continue to be Alvarado's whipping boys. They will get their butts handed to them in the second round. I know that's hard for you to deal with, but you've got to come to grips with your fate.

And as far as Everman goes, I just recognize a good football team when I see one. They are one, and I hope Alvarado gets to play them in the semi's.

IFryKids
10-30-2001, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by maestro:
Let's not underestimate Commerce's D. The only reason they have the few points scored on them is because they are not greedy. They pull their starters when they get up. Most of the points scored on themcome in the 4th.
As for Forney, they're good but not good enough. Commerce's offense will come through. It will be close but Commerce wins at home!!! 27-20 Commerce http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/biggrin.gif
So, you think that Commerce is gonna score that much on a defense that's only allowed over 10 points in a game twice this year and has shut out half the teams they've faced? And you think Commerce's defense is gonna hold an offense that, since week 1, hasn't scored under 40 points in a game and hold a running back that has averaged around 20 yards a carry in his last 4 or so games? Meh, who knows, miracles do happen.

[This message has been edited by IFryKids (edited October 30, 2001).]

vfunk
10-30-2001, 06:20 PM
alvaradobacker you are speakin some large words....hope your team is there to back you up. i wouldnt be surprised if everman beat forney in round 2 if both make it there....but already puttin alvarado in the semis?? you've gone mad!! It WILL take some work so dont count on that Everman match up quite yet. There is a pretty good team from Abilene that may have something to say about that meeting!!! And by the way...Forney is no ones "whippin boy". It has been sometime since a team beat Forney THAT bad. Commerce is the only one that comes to mind. for a couple years...commerce owned Forney....thing is...its a different year!!

TheSage
10-30-2001, 06:32 PM
Alvaradobacker, if you want to get technical, then you missed a few commas. Your post should have read: The ForneyCators were, and continue to be, Alvarado's whipping boys. Pointing out grammatical errors with errors of your own is "not very wise". I think you spend too much time thinking about boys and whipping etc...Now we know what you mean by backer. Also, if you are going to verbally taunt me, please pick something better than "moron". If your, I'm sorry, If you are capable.

[This message has been edited by TheSage (edited October 30, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by TheSage (edited October 30, 2001).]

Alvaradobacker
10-30-2001, 07:48 PM
Spice Boy,
I come to this site to discuss football. I believe you are the one who took this thread into the gutter, as a quick reading will confirm. Clearly, you are the one fixated on homosexuality. If that's the lifestyle you choose, that's your business, not mine. Live and let live is my philosophy.

I suspect you wouldn't be so bold were we to ever meet face to face, coward. You're one of those little people who hide behind the anonymity of the internet and talk tough. I forgive you, though, Spice. I'm sure the best part of you ended up as a brown stain on your crack whore mother's mattress, and you can't help yourself.

surfspike
10-30-2001, 10:26 PM
How come whenever Jackhammer or alvaradobacker inputs their opinions on any poll regardless of what it may pertain; the remainder of the post ends up arguing with them? I think that "Instigator" suits both of them fairly well. BTW... I thought this post was about two REAL TEAMS.... FORNEY AND COMMERCE!

These Alvarado fans are acting like the wylie fans that got ROMMED! Keep that in mind.

Forney-42
Commerce-17

Super Joe
10-30-2001, 10:40 PM
Sage, You are being quite assinine. Is that big enough for you? I dont mean to be fecicous but your homosexual connotations are quite feeble and childish. So, if you can't come back with something of an original nature, keep your posts inside your little head. Granted, you probably don't understand a word I have written. But, if we get to play forney, you will feel pretty stupid when we have shat upon them and are moving on to the next round. I hope my post has been an enlightenment to you on the way to speak intelligently. Don't wear out your dictionary trying to decipher my message. Just PRETEND you know what I'm talking about.