What no CS Celina?

Sweetwater Red
03-19-2008, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
What no CS Celina?

You should've nominated them.:thinking:

cshscougar08
03-19-2008, 11:02 AM
Darn I must have missed that post. I've been in Athens, GA since Saturday scouting out UGA as a potential college choice.

trojan37
03-19-2008, 01:45 PM
Bandera vs LaVernia?:confused: What about LV vs. China Spring part 2? How do you put a game that never happened in the poll?:confused:

pirate4state
03-19-2008, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
Bandera vs LaVernia?:confused: What about LV vs. China Spring part 2? How do you put a game that never happened in the poll?:confused: because someone nominated it and because it was discussed ad nauseum on this board. the lh/celina "rematch that never was" --- the bandera/la vernia game was a rematch of an earlier game in which la vernia man handled bandera and some of their fans were sure they'd repeat when it counted and didn't :o

slingshot
03-19-2008, 06:43 PM
'07 DI Semifinal, Gilmer vs Wylie... an absolute WAR. I honestly believe that Gilmer was so emotionally and physically spent after that game that it truly kept them from playing up to their potential the next week against LH... If we had won (and we darned near did) it likely would have been the same outcome. You don't bounce back from a game like that in a week.

LH Panther Mom
03-19-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
'07 DI Semifinal, Gilmer vs Wylie... an absolute WAR. I honestly believe that Gilmer was so emotionally and physically spent after that game that it truly kept them from playing up to their potential the next week against LH... If we had won (and we darned near did) it likely would have been the same outcome. You don't bounce back from a game like that in a week.
That got my vote, from the updates we were getting at the game, then reading about it here.

BUT.....it's quite possible that they were that outmatched the next week. :)

bobcat1
03-19-2008, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
That got my vote, from the updates we were getting at the game, then reading about it here.

BUT.....it's quite possible that they were that outmatched the next week. :)

I read something once about something following Haughtiness. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

pirate4state
03-19-2008, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
'07 DI Semifinal, Gilmer vs Wylie... an absolute WAR. I honestly believe that Gilmer was so emotionally and physically spent after that game that it truly kept them from playing up to their potential the next week against LH... If we had won (and we darned near did) it likely would have been the same outcome. You don't bounce back from a game like that in a week. well, gilmer rebounded after just that kind of game the week before against Velt....that game was insane too....it was hard to pick either one so i nominated them both!

orange machine
03-19-2008, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
well, gilmer rebounded after just that kind of game the week before against Velt....that game was insane too....it was hard to pick either one so i nominated them both!

That game was awsome i wanted Velt to win that game so bad and then they had to act like a bunch you no whats after the game so that changed my mind on them.

pirate4state
03-19-2008, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
That game was awsome i wanted Velt to win that game so bad and then they had to act like a bunch you no whats after the game so that changed my mind on them. LOL ... i know the feeling. well, i mean i wanted gilmer to win, but i understand the feeling of wanting certain teams to lose so bad :D *cough* ingleside/mathis *cough* :devil:

slingshot
03-20-2008, 06:47 PM
well, gilmer rebounded after just that kind of game the week before against Velt....that game was insane too....it was hard to pick either one so i nominated them both! I went to the Gilmer/'Velt game too... exciting for sure, more like a track meet--the Wylie game was VERY physical. Very different type games, both exciting.

bandera7
03-22-2008, 01:43 PM
because someone nominated it and because it was discussed ad nauseum on this board. the lh/celina "rematch that never was" --- the bandera/la vernia game was a rematch of an earlier game in which la vernia man handled bandera and some of their fans were sure they'd repeat when it counted and didn't :o

The bandera-lavernia game was a heck of a game. LaVernia was sure they had it in the bag, because week one they dominated on a score of 47-20...the final playoff score was 17-14 Bandera. Defense was huge, it was just a very intense, very close game which saw LaVernia throwing a hail mary to end the game (and it was very very nearly completed). It also saw the big receiver Fuller flipped at one point, causing him an uncharacteristic drop. The whole game itself was incredible.