TheDOCTORdre
03-18-2008, 04:07 PM
Vote!

crzyjournalist03
03-18-2008, 04:18 PM
:devil: This should be interesting...

lostaussie
03-18-2008, 05:24 PM
back to back.............can't argue with that.

Panther One
03-18-2008, 05:40 PM
Why include China Spring and not Gilmer?

OldNavy
03-18-2008, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
back to back.............can't argue with that.

No argument with the back to back, but 2 years up from 2A and a state final and a state championship for a school with an enrollment in the 450 range ain't bad either. Add to that, this year their eighth state title plus a 7 on 7 state title and 2007 was a pretty good year for the Celina Bobcats.

Heck, they even beat Snyder!:D

Old Tiger
03-18-2008, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by OldNavy
No argument with the back to back, but 2 years up from 2A and a state final and a state championship for a school with an enrollment in the 450 range ain't bad either. Add to that, this year their eighth state title plus a 7 on 7 state title and 2007 was a pretty good year for the Celina Bobcats.

Heck, they even beat Snyder!:D 7on7 is not a UIL functioned event so it is irrelevent.

Emerson1
03-18-2008, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
7on7 is not a UIL functioned event so it is irrelevent.
This isn't a UIL ran website so it doesn't matter

OldNavy
03-18-2008, 07:46 PM
7on7 is not a UIL functioned event so it is irrelevent.

Post wasn't intended to be irrelevant, it was intended to irreverent.

We can crown Liberty Hill the team of the year and Celina can be crowned the luckiest, irrelevant, not-UIL "functioned" team of the year.

The luckiest 16 and 0 team in the state! :D

injuredinmelee
03-18-2008, 07:48 PM
I agree why no Gilmer?

Old Tiger
03-18-2008, 07:51 PM

The luckiest 16 and 0 team in the state! :D Yup lucky they didn't play LH. ;)

Snydertigersrul
03-18-2008, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Vote!

Are those the only choices, what about Snyder, the best 12-3 team in the state?

lostaussie
03-18-2008, 08:01 PM

Heck, they even beat Snyder!:D don't think for a minute i was dissing on Celina. I for one admire what they have accomplished as much as anyone. But...............they were both undefeated this year..............so i had to go back an extra few days more than a year to do a tiebreaker. And we all know the outcome of that one. So if you think i based my vote on last years champ game.................then you are correct:D. and one more thing................i have seen L/H play twice.............and they won both times. i have seen Celina play 3 times...............and we all know the rest of the story:D

LH Panther Mom
03-18-2008, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
i have seen L/H play twice.............and they won both times. i have seen Celina play 3 times...............and we all know the rest of the story:D
Should a rematch ever happen, let me be the first to extend an invitation to the game. :devil: ;)

bobcat1
03-19-2008, 08:04 PM
I agree why no Glimer? Why include Celina on the downlow? Pretty useless choice to put anyone up but LH here.

pirate4state
03-19-2008, 11:05 PM
to all of you asking why not Gilmer, Snyder, etc...

did any of you THINK to nominate them when nominations were being accepted????

i think pretty much those that were nominated were included. i got the impression that Dre didn't get very many nominations.

bandera7
03-19-2008, 11:17 PM
I nominated China Spring because they werent supposed to win almost the whole way through.

orange machine
03-19-2008, 11:17 PM
Yup lucky they didn't play LH. ;)

Oh gosh here we go again. Celina never plays anybody and is so lucky trash. When do we stop saying its luck and it just might be the system. What it really comes down to is the the big fat number 8. Also i would have to say that the Bobcats have the best football program in the good ole state of texas. The number 8 does not lie.

maroonpirate04
03-20-2008, 12:13 AM
It would have to be the 2 Time State Champions Liberty Hill Panthers for pulling off a title in each divison:clap: The only team to do that ever since 3A was split

LH Panther Mom
03-20-2008, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I agree why no Glimer? Why include Celina on the downlow? Pretty useless choice to put anyone up but LH here.
http://lauramartinez.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/cheese.jpg

kepdawg
03-20-2008, 10:04 AM
This is a bunch of nonsense! Sure LH and Celina both went undefeated and won state championships! Sure China Spring made a nice run! Some people want Gilmer included. Okay they made a nice run too! But the entire 3ADL should be ashamed and embarrassed that no one had the sense to even nominate the only team worthy of "Team of the Year" title! I think it's time another letter be sent! This time to apologize to Anthony for this grave injustice!

Old Tiger
03-20-2008, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
Oh gosh here we go again. Celina never plays anybody and is so lucky trash. When do we stop saying its luck and it just might be the system. What it really comes down to is the the big fat number 8. Also i would have to say that the Bobcats have the best football program in the good ole state of texas. The number 8 does not lie. That's all well and good but does it mean they will beat LH, no. LH would have beat Celina by at least 14 points and that is fact. LH was a machine this year on offense and defense.

orange machine
03-20-2008, 09:58 PM
That's all well and good but does it mean they will beat LH, no. LH would have beat Celina by at least 14 points and that is fact. LH was a machine this year on offense and defense.

See you cant say Celina would have lost to LH because nobody know for sure. Crap maybe this time the luck would be on Celina's side and we would kick a field goal with less than 10 seconds and win. LH is a great team not taking anything away from them because that was a good game, but really on many plays in that game Celina was there on worst down fall and yes i know thats football and thats how it goes.