PDA

View Full Version : Dallas ISD Enrollment by Ethnicity...found this interesting....

kaorder1999
03-18-2008, 09:20 AM
I found this interesting!

http://dallasisdblog.dallasnews.com/DISD%20Enroll%20by%20Eth%2071-06.jpg

Adidas410s
03-18-2008, 09:53 AM
and the white flight of Dallas is still going on. However, yes it's somewhat surprising to see greater than a 2:1 ratio of hispanics to blacks in DISD.

DDBooger
03-18-2008, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
I found this interesting!

http://dallasisdblog.dallasnews.com/DISD%20Enroll%20by%20Eth%2071-06.jpg white flight, no big surprise

jason
03-18-2008, 09:57 AM
i wonder how many of the hispanics are illegals that are getting an education on taxpayer dollars....

footballgal
03-18-2008, 10:33 AM
Because they are hispanics, the illegal assumption? Ok I have to agree, that IMO at least 1/3 would probably qualify as such. But, I have alot of friends and family that live in the area and they are native Texans, are also 2nd or 3rd generation Dallas natives.

I know at my alma mater south of SA, alot of the number growth had to do with hispanic kids being encouraged not only to attend school, but actually getting a HS diploma. This as late as the 70's I was rather shocked, when finding out about it. I then saw the reality of it, when looking at a webiste with all the classes throughtout the history of CHS. You could just see it, year by year the number of hispanic high school students attending. And that's that my hometown was evenly mixed, with hispanics and anglo saxon (50/50).

DDBooger
03-18-2008, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by jason
i wonder how many of the hispanics are illegals that are getting an education on taxpayer dollars.... :rolleyes: run run the mexicans are coming! lol wonder how many of their parents are promised jobs when they get here, but yeah they're the bad guy! EVIL MEXICANS!:mad: lol ;)

Matthew328
03-18-2008, 07:56 PM
If it's 1/3 illegal it's still not right...yes its wrong to assume that all hispanic students are illegal but for me one illegal is too many...it's called illegal for a reason...

NateDawg39
03-18-2008, 08:43 PM
looks like a 5th grade math assingment...mainly the colors give it that feel I suppose.

BobcatBenny
03-18-2008, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
looks like a 5th grade math assingment...mainly the colors give it that feel I suppose.
Well if they had given the Asians - yellow, the Blacks - black, the American Indians - red . . . and the Whites - white (of course) it would have made it a lot more interesting. :D

I wonder why they did not do that? :thinking: :eek: :devil: :p

NateDawg39
03-18-2008, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Well if they had given the Asians - yellow, the Blacks - black, the American Indians - red . . . and the Whites - white (of course) it would have made it a lot more interesting. :D

I wonder why they did not do that? :thinking: :eek: :devil: :p

True, yet if they did that we would have to have an off set background color to allow the white to show up as bright and respectively as the other colors do! That is the only fair way. Im thinking pink or possibly a neon green:thinking:

BobcatBenny
03-18-2008, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
True, yet if they did that we would have to have an off set background color to allow the white to show up as bright and respectively as the other colors do! That is the only fair way. Im thinking pink or possibly a neon green:thinking:
Well the neon green would have been reserved for the Hispanics and pink would be reserved for the gay kids. :)

So I think we might need a different background color. :thinking:

footballgal
03-18-2008, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
If it's 1/3 illegal it's still not right...yes its wrong to assume that all hispanic students are illegal but for me one illegal is too many...it's called illegal for a reason... and I never said being illegal was right.

Matthew328
03-18-2008, 10:41 PM
never said you did say it...

NateDawg39
03-19-2008, 07:30 AM
never said you did say it...
Why dont we all just move to Mexico then? Set up a small army in Mexico City, fight the whole army of Mexico and wait for the U.S. to come to our aid and then make the rest of Mexico "Texas" ? It worked last time...is anyone from Tennesse? We have to have a few from Tennesse for this to work ya know.

footballgal
03-19-2008, 02:55 PM
never said you did say it... no.. it just appeared that it was assumed. btw, the 1/3 number... it just sounded like a real number to me at the time :D

I am curious though, what the real number is. :thinking:

pirate4state
03-19-2008, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
:rolleyes: run run the mexicans are coming! lol wonder how many of their parents are promised jobs when they get here, but yeah they're the bad guy! EVIL MEXICANS!:mad: lol ;) lmao

NastySlot
03-19-2008, 06:29 PM
a more interesting graph would be one of the suburban areas....ie Mesquite, Garland, Desoto and Duncanville....I guess there was white flight to get away from the blacks and now black flight to get away from the hispanics.