PDA

View Full Version : Today is Signing Day

BrahmaMom
02-04-2004, 10:06 AM
Am I the only one excited about this? Bellville has three signing--Schneider to A&M, Goeke to Blinn, and Runnels to SFA. Congrats to these three and all who commit today to college football and an education!! Dawgdad, I'm thinking about you today! Best of luck!

Tiger Turtle
02-04-2004, 11:14 AM
Rumor has Sealy's big center Emshoff also signing with Blinn. Will be kind of funny with Brandon and Rob being teammates after playing against each other in the heated Bellville-Sealy rivalry for the past few years. About time the Bucs started to pay attention to some of the talent in their Austin County backyard.

Bellville22
02-04-2004, 01:48 PM
I'm heading to Kyle Field right now to listen to Fran tell us about what looks to be a solid class.

Congrats to the Austin Co. Boys, Brandt, Louie, Travis, and Rob. How bout Emeal? Is he heading anywhere?

fball4life
02-04-2004, 01:57 PM
Well I know of one Manor Player so far that has committed already and that is there BIG defensive tackle Robert Jackson, he is go to Frisco. I think the middle linebacker Bryan Tarvin is going to Tarlenton State along with several other Mustang Teamates. Best of luck to everyone!!!!!

dawgdad
02-04-2004, 04:30 PM
BrahmaMom- we had most of the school at the high school this morning for a signing event. Burnet High School sent 5 players to play at the college level: Eddie Rollmann OL- U.of Arizona, Stephen McGee QB- Texas A&M, Jordan Shipley WR/DB-U.of Texas,Ty Kuhn WR/DB- Abilene Christian,Cody Warner WR/DB- Abilene Christian. What an exciting time for this town and it's athletes!! We are moving up to 4A this next year- good luck to all the 3A teams. GO BURNET BULLDOGS !!!! GO ARIZONA WILDCATS !!!!

BrahmaMom
02-04-2004, 04:56 PM
dawgdad: What a memorable day! Congratulations to all your athletes, and your town. It says a lot for your community. Best of luck in 4A, but I have a feeling your heart will be in Arizona! Enjoy the day!

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-04-2004, 06:53 PM
Vernon sent two players out into the big world of college football today:

My son Matthew Gonzales (DB) signed with Southeastern Oklahoma State Univ. and Nick Lee (TE) signed with Midwestern State Univ.

Way to go boys! Look at that happy bald guy!!

http://www.cameron.edu/~harrison/signingday.jpg

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-04-2004, 06:56 PM
Also, according to the local news, Brian Love of Iowa Park signed with Tarleton State Univ. He was one heck of a LB! Glad to see him sign with a good football team.

Sweet H2O 4 Life
02-04-2004, 07:32 PM
Sweetwater's Giles Montgomery (defensive end) signed with TCU today

lepfan
02-04-2004, 09:41 PM
Z motion 10 out on 2:
Vernon sent two players out into the big world of college football today:

My son Matthew Gonzales (DB) signed with Southeastern Oklahoma State Univ. and Nick Lee (TE) signed with Midwestern State Univ.

Way to go boys! Look at that happy bald guy!!

http://www.cameron.edu/~harrison/signingday.jpgI graduated from Southeastern OK State University...and have a niece and a couple of cousins who are there now...good school...I was born in Durant while my parents were in college...

<small>[ February 04, 2004, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: lepfan ]</small>

lepfan
02-04-2004, 09:44 PM
<small>[ February 04, 2004, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: lepfan ]</small>

Old Tiger
02-04-2004, 11:21 PM
Stryker Sulak signed with Missouri.

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-05-2004, 12:19 AM
I graduated from Southeastern OK State University...and have a niece and a couple of cousins who are there now...good school...I was born in Durant while my parents were in college...
LepFan: They have some very good coaches there. My son was impressed that they were all in shape!!! Also the last two years thay have had some good seasons. Benard Scott out of Vernon goes there. He was red shirted this year but sould be a major player next year. He was one of the best backs I have ever seen play. 2,500 yards as a junior at Vernon. If you ever catch a game look for my son (not this year though he will be red shirted).

<small>[ February 04, 2004, 11:21 PM: Message edited by: Z motion 10 out on 2 ]</small>

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-05-2004, 12:20 AM
oopps double post...sorry.

<small>[ February 04, 2004, 11:22 PM: Message edited by: Z motion 10 out on 2 ]</small>

Keith7
02-05-2004, 12:23 AM
Z motion 10 out on 2:

I graduated from Southeastern OK State University...and have a niece and a couple of cousins who are there now...good school...I was born in Durant while my parents were in college...
LepFan: They have some very good coaches there. My son was impressed that they were all in shape!!! Also the last two years thay have had some good seasons. Benard Scott out of Vernon goes there. He was red shirted this year but sould be a major player next year. He was one of the best backs I have ever seen play. 2,500 yards as a junior at Vernon. If you ever catch a game look for my son (not this year though he will be red shirted).Dennis Rodman went to school there too after he went to NCTC.. am i wrong??

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-05-2004, 12:27 AM
We saw his jersey and a picture of him on the "wall of fame" if you will. Pretty cool though--at least my 17 year old thought so....me too!

Keith7
02-05-2004, 12:32 AM
Z motion 10 out on 2:
We saw his jersey and a picture of him on the "wall of fame" if you will. Pretty cool though--at least my 17 year old thought so....me too!yea he went to NCTC for 1 semester and all the teachers still say something about teaching him for that semester..

but best of luck to yourself and your son thru-out college

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-05-2004, 12:36 AM
Thanks Keith...we'll be thinking about you as we drive through Gainseville on the way over there on Saturdays! You and that picture of that championship trophy that is on your posts. That is one heck of a photo!

Does anyone know about Chief Woodman's son? I think he was a senior, but not sure. Also anyone know about Scott Andrews out of Graham?

<small>[ February 04, 2004, 11:39 PM: Message edited by: Z motion 10 out on 2 ]</small>

BrahmaMom
02-05-2004, 09:30 AM
My very best to all the young men who signed today--they are all winners. Some may not be ending up at their "dream school" but may they learn to blossom where they are planted. Congratulations to all of you and your families.

Tiger Turtle
02-05-2004, 01:49 PM
According to today's Barnacle, Sealy's Trent Slaughter also signed with Blinn. The Austin County presence in Brenham gets stronger.

lepfan
02-05-2004, 07:41 PM
Z motion 10 out on 2:
We saw his jersey and a picture of him on the "wall of fame" if you will. Pretty cool though--at least my 17 year old thought so....me too!He was there when I was there...might I say he was not as freaky back then...there is one very touching story from back then regarding a family he lived with and worked for in a very small community just outside of Durant...it shows that he does have a heart...or at least he did :) He was called "The Worm" back in those days...

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-05-2004, 10:59 PM
Yes it said "The Worm" next to his name on the wall there in the gym. That is neat that he went to school there. Now my boy can say, "Hey I went were the worm went"

<small>[ February 05, 2004, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: Z motion 10 out on 2 ]</small>

lepfan
02-05-2004, 11:09 PM
LOL...that is something...Reba went to school there, too. My husband has a cousin who plays baseball for SOSU...he will be a senior or is a senior now...I forget. What is fun about SOSU is you can (or used to could) enroll in some PE courses and end up at Lake Texoma water skiing, scuba diving, etc. for credit...tough class, huh wink

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-06-2004, 12:20 AM
Yes that does sound pretty tough... I would hate to have to go water ski and fall and get a "B"!

Tough life they have over there on the lake.
I didn't know that Reba went there. Wow that school has a lot of history then.

Old Green
02-06-2004, 05:16 AM
Cuero LB/TE Brady Urbanovsky signed with Air Force Academy.