PDA

View Full Version : Guy Morriss

kepdawg
03-17-2008, 03:34 PM
Former Baylor coach Guy Morriss joins Kentucky State staff

03:21 PM CDT on Monday, March 17, 2008

Associated Press

FRANKFORT, Ky. – Former Kentucky and Baylor head coach Guy Morriss was hired as offensive line coach at Kentucky State.

Coach Fred T. Farrier announced the hiring Monday.

Morriss had a 9-14 record at Kentucky during the 2001 and '02 seasons. He was fired in November from Baylor with an 18-40 record over five seasons.

Kentucky State is a historically black university that plays football in Division II.

Chopblock
03-17-2008, 03:58 PM
heard that a little while ago, I was talking to his former OC who is now at Midwestern State

jimmyceatworld
03-17-2008, 06:33 PM
That big of a drop off?

texasjeremy
03-18-2008, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by jimmyceatworld
That big of a drop off?

Before this he had interviewed for a high school coaching job in Kentucky. This tells me that he is tired of the spotlight and scrutiny of running a major conference football team and just wants to fade away and get back to teaching football.

jason
03-18-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by texasjeremy
Before this he had interviewed for a high school coaching job in Kentucky. This tells me that he is tired of the spotlight and scrutiny of running a major conference football team and just wants to fade away and get back to teaching football. or that he is a lousy recruiter/coach and can't get a good job anywhere

texasjeremy
03-18-2008, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by jason
or that he is a lousy recruiter/coach and can't get a good job anywhere

I doubt that he can't get a job anywhere else. He did leave Baylor much much much better off then it was when he took over. Before his Baylor would regularly loose by 50 points per game, now with him Baylor can hang with most teams athletically. Now Baylor needed a coach that can take them to the next level, something Morriss may or may not have been able to do, his highwater mark was a 5-6 season in 2005 (was 6-5 until OU was given their forfeited game back) with an OT loss @ A&M and a 2OT loss at OU.