PDA

View Full Version : Health Question

Mace Griffin
03-17-2008, 11:41 AM
I took a pill like 4 days ago and I think it is stuck in my chest. Everytime I eat it hurts pretty bad and also some other times. Is there any way to get it out if that is indeed what the problem is?

crzyjournalist03
03-17-2008, 11:46 AM
was it a capsule, gelcap or standard pill?

Mace Griffin
03-17-2008, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
was it a capsule, gelcap or standard pill? just your basic standard tylenol sp?

Ranger Mom
03-17-2008, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Mace Griffin
just your basic standard tylenol sp?

Don't you think a pill would have dissolved in 4 days time??

crzyjournalist03
03-17-2008, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Don't you think a pill would have dissolved in 4 days time??

That's why I asked what type of pill it was...a standard pill would absolutely dissolve if you drank fluids over the last four days. A gelcap or capsule might not necessarily.

But a regular Tylenol shouldn't still be lodged...if it is, the only way to get rid of it would be to keep drinking a ton of water.

AP Panther Fan
03-17-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

But a regular Tylenol shouldn't still be lodged...if it is, the only way to get rid of it would be to keep drinking a ton of water.

scalding, hot water...oh wait, nevermind...;)

Gsquared
03-17-2008, 12:16 PM
I got a Dorito stuck in my throat once

Sweetwater Red
03-17-2008, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
I got a Dorito stuck in my throat once

Don't forget about George W. and the pretzel.:thinking:

underware
03-17-2008, 02:06 PM
Sometimes when you swallow something, it could scratch the side and it will feel like something is there.

Phil C
03-17-2008, 02:11 PM
Go check with a physician.

GreenMonster
03-17-2008, 02:17 PM
Lie on your back, carefully. Open your mouth, carefully. Have one of your friends apply a plunger to your mouth/nose area and plunge away. May take multiple attempts. If after an hour of plunging you have no results call a plumber. :D

coach
03-17-2008, 02:56 PM
when u take a pill there is a reason why it says take with large glass of water or with a meal. when you drink a glass of water or eat when u take the pill i helps the pill go through the throat since the throat is fairly small and u can't grind up the pill like u do food. If you dont do this then sometimes the pill can get stuck and in the process of you realizing this and trying to get it unstuck with water or food the pill can bruise the inside of your throat which feels like the pill is still there so its probably just a bruise and it will eventually go away but keep drinking alot of water