PDA

View Full Version : Girls State Powerlifting Meet

kaorder1999
03-15-2008, 09:01 PM
anybody have results?

Bull Butter
03-16-2008, 02:34 AM
I was told that Brittney Lerma from Port Isabel had already lifted enough to win the state title by over 50 lbs. On her last dead lift, she was attempting to break the state record when she got a pain in her hammy and it caused her to drop the weight. According to the rules, anyone who drops the weight is automatically disqualified. Thus Brittney ended up with nothing.:(

This is sad and dissappointing for a girl who had already proven that she is head and shoulders above everyone else in her weight class. This rule needs to be changed.

Fortunately, Brittney is only a Sophomore and has 2 more years to compete. It just sucks that she had already lifted enough to win, but got penalized because she was trying to break a record.

Phil C
03-16-2008, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
I was told that Brittney Lerma from Port Isabel had already lifted enough to win the state title by over 50 lbs. On her last dead lift, she was attempting to break the state record when she got a pain in her hammy and it caused her to drop the weight. According to the rules, anyone who drops the weight is automatically disqualified. Thus Brittney ended up with nothing.:(

This is sad and dissappointing for a girl who had already proven that she is head and shoulders above everyone else in her weight class. This rule needs to be changed.

Fortunately, Brittney is only a Sophomore and has 2 more years to compete. It just sucks that she had already lifted enough to win, but got penalized because she was trying to break a record.

That is sad but it shows some rules need to be changed. It is best now to just take the title and run.

pirate4state
03-16-2008, 12:25 PM

tough break.

I_DONT_CARE
03-16-2008, 12:37 PM

OTHER LIFTERS DROP THE WEIGHTS BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT READY FOR THE AMOUNT ON THERE. WHY DOES IT NEED TO BE CHANGED BECAUSE OF PAIN IN A MUSCLE? :rolleyes:

coachc45
03-16-2008, 01:03 PM
The rule is in place for the safety of the lifters and the spotters and judges. To be disqualified 2 of 3 judges must agree that the lifter intentionally dumped the bar. Not it slipped, not she got hurt and let go..... but intentionally dropped the bar. There is always more to every story, I'll wait and hear it from people who were there and not from PI before I want a change in the rule!

Haunta Yo
03-16-2008, 08:18 PM
She put the judges in a bind by dumping the bar intentionally. Wasn't really much controversey, just not smart on her part...I usually see it once or twice a season.

If she's a soph, she'll learn from it.

CenTexSports
03-16-2008, 08:29 PM
Who governs this sport? I could find nothing on the UIL site.

ProudHornetMom
03-16-2008, 08:48 PM
www.thswpa.com

Has the rules. I can't make a link on this board for some reason.

Bull Butter
03-16-2008, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Haunta Yo
She put the judges in a bind by dumping the bar intentionally. Wasn't really much controversey, just not smart on her part...I usually see it once or twice a season.

If she's a soph, she'll learn from it.

And you were there and saw it yourself?

88bobcats
03-16-2008, 09:34 PM
from WWW.KOGT.COM

Little Cypress-Mauriceville's Maegan Fontenot had a great day at State competition on Saturday, March 15. Maegan broke the state record in the “Squat” and “Total,” for her classification. The first report sent back to Orange on Saturday from Coach Brian Waguespack, was that Maegan had broken the previous “Squat” record in the Light Platform Class with a 320 pound lift. By the end of the day she had broken the previous “Total” State record of 715 pounds with her 760 pound “Total.” She was named “Outstanding Lifter” for the light platform, and won in all classes from 1-A to 5-A.

BC Soph. Alexa Richmond and Jr. Brittany Myers also won State Champions in their respected weight classes. As a team, the Lady Cards took 2nd in 3A behind Ingleside.