PDA

View Full Version : New Top 25???

hornet03
09-11-2002, 08:30 PM
Does anyone have the new AP top 25. We got kicked out of Matthews poll, just curious to see if everyone else feels the same.

cl23
09-11-2002, 09:26 PM
I can't figure why Matthew dropped Gatesville out of his Region 3 Top Ten either. Cameron didn't fall out after losing to Bellville, but Gatesville did by losing to Burnet? That shows that Matthew ranks Bellville higher than Burnet. I don't agree with it. Anyways, Gatesville will be back in the Top Ten after their big win Friday over Cameron. G-ville 33 Cameron 13.

eye of the tiger
09-11-2002, 09:42 PM
1 Everman
2 Jasper
3 Sinton
4 Commerce
5 Spring Hill
6 Bridgeport
7 Newton
8 Burnet
9 Abilene Wylie
10 Celina
11 Graham
12 La Grange
13 Wills Point
14 Lindale
15 Daingerfield
16 Atlanta
17 Wilmer Hutchins
18 Perryton
19 Falfurias
20 Midland Greenwood
21 Bandara
22 Edna
23 Pilot Point

Thats all the Dallas Morning News reported

footballgal
09-11-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by eye of the tiger:
1 Everman
2 Jasper
3 Sinton
4 Commerce
5 Spring Hill
6 Bridgeport
7 Newton
8 Burnet
9 Abilene Wylie
10 Celina
11 Graham
12 La Grange
13 Wills Point
14 Lindale
15 Daingerfield
16 Atlanta
17 Wilmer Hutchins
18 Perryton
19 Falfurias
20 Midland Greenwood
21 Bandara
22 Edna
23 Pilot Point

Thats all the Dallas Morning News reported

So, Eye of the Tiger, I see Falfurias at the number 9 position; PI Tarpons will play them on Friday, so does this mean if PI beats Fal, PI will be in the 19th position??? I doubt that would happen,PI getting moved up, just wait and see.

Matthew328
09-11-2002, 11:19 PM
It was a hard decision to drop Gatesville from the top ten but their "lopsided" loss to Burnet had a bit to do with it..true thyey had statistical domination...but 42-20 is 42-20..LOL and Yoe nearly beat Bellville..but hey what do I know?? anyway if Gatesville beats Yoe this week (which they are very capable of doing) they'll be back in my top 10 and prolly my statewide top 20 as well!

eye of the tiger
09-12-2002, 08:51 AM
footballgal I dont think the polls work that way. I have seen teams win large and still be rated lower than the team they beat. I dont have the knowledge used to figure polls, but sometimes they seem to be out of whack. Gives us something to talk about though. Good luck in you game.

tors2002
09-12-2002, 09:24 AM
Kinda surprises me that Lamesa and Sweetwater are not in the Top 25. I hated to see Greendwood get out moved out of the district. That was a great rival with Denver City, Lamesa, and Greenwood battling it out for district. It would have really got interesting if they would have put Snyder, Sweetwater, Greenwood, Lamesa, and Denver City in the same district. They are close enough that is could happen next go round.

footballgal
09-12-2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by eye of the tiger:
footballgal I dont think the polls work that way. I have seen teams win large and still be rated lower than the team they beat. I dont have the knowledge used to figure polls, but sometimes they seem to be out of whack. Gives us something to talk about though. Good luck in you game.

Yeah, I know what you mean that's the point I was trying to make, when I posed the question. And you are right about another thing it does gives us something to talk about. Thanks Eye of the Tiger; wish you the best also this Friday! I can't wait to go to the game! I live for Friday Night Lights!! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

hornet03
09-12-2002, 10:54 PM
WHo has Celina played? I would really like for them to get beat. Why, I dont know. Its just one of those things you want to see end. And I dont think that they are worthy of being in the 10 spot.

Chris Hart
09-12-2002, 11:04 PM
Me either hornet.

eye of the tiger
09-13-2002, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by hornet03:
WHo has Celina played? I would really like for them to get beat. Why, I dont know. Its just one of those things you want to see end. And I dont think that they are worthy of being in the 10 spot.

I think most of us 3A folks were excited about Celina winning when they were 2A. Now they are in 3A. They are now a threat to us. That is the difference to me.

audasmom7
09-13-2002, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by hornet03:
Does anyone have the new AP top 25. We got kicked out of Matthews poll, just curious to see if everyone else feels the same.
WOOHOO Made the list......... GO RANGERS

audasmom7
09-13-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by tors2002:
Kinda surprises me that Lamesa and Sweetwater are not in the Top 25. I hated to see Greendwood get out moved out of the district. That was a great rival with Denver City, Lamesa, and Greenwood battling it out for district. It would have really got interesting if they would have put Snyder, Sweetwater, Greenwood, Lamesa, and Denver City in the same district. They are close enough that is could happen next go round. Tors I'm glad we are out of that district But your right that would be a fight...

[This message has been edited by audasmom7 (edited September 13, 2002).]

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-13-2002, 12:45 PM
I'm not so sure about Falfurrias at the #19 spot. Didn't they lose to Corpus Christi West Oso??? If so, West Oso isn't THAT great a team, and I wouldn't be ranking Falfurrias up there because of it.

If I had to replace Falfurrias with another team from region 4, it would have to be Rio Hondo.

footballgal
09-13-2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas:
I'm not so sure about Falfurrias at the #19 spot. Didn't they lose to Corpus Christi West Oso??? If so, West Oso isn't THAT great a team, and I wouldn't be ranking Falfurrias up there because of it.

If I had to replace Falfurrias with another team from region 4, it would have to be Rio Hondo.

Your talking mad jibberish right???

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-13-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by footballgal:
Your talking mad jibberish right???

I said it just so it would shut Rio Hondo up about them "never" being ranked. Yes, I was only playing.......

cl23
09-14-2002, 12:40 AM
Well Matthew...I guess Gatesville is back in your region top 10....and if you say that Cameron almost beat Bellville..then I would have to even rank the Hornets above the Bellville. Gatesville owned that game. Score could have been worse, but we don't have Spurrier coaching to run up the score...they gave time for the 2nd team and sat on it the last couple of minutes being less than 20 away from scoring. As for the loss to Burnet last week...the Bulldogs are that good is all I can say. They are legitimately top 3 in state.