PDA

View Full Version : Ballinger/Merkel

vet93
09-13-2003, 10:23 AM
Knightmoon...I think that Wildstangs likes his steak at Joe Allen's Medium well wink I am just giving you a hard time. I think that the Merkel defense was excellent. They held a good Ballinger offense to 237 yards total. Those two defensive linemen (the Head brothers) are big boys! By the way...give us an injury report on #2...Is he going to be o.k.? Are you related to Jared Knight #32...he seemed to have a pretty good game as a defensive back! If you guys keep playing like you are and keep improving...you are going to break that playoff drought this year...Good luck!

That's funny!!! It may be Merkel by 14. Merkel will have 3 interceptions, and 200 yards rushing and 200 yards receiving.Merkel is a better team than anyone wants to give them credit for. Wildstang-- wish I could bet you lunch. This should be Ballinger's year. I know they have a good team. I just don't think they will beat
Merkel. Merkel vs Ballinger last year was a story of two halves. Ballinger owned the 1st half, Merkel the second. Merkel got burned on three passes last year. That won't happen. Merkel's defense is for real. They have a great defensive line. They have an even better linebacker corp and their secondary should get state honors. Wait and see. I am also saying Merkel will not place 2nd or 3rd in their district this year. They will win it outright. Being from Merkel we are accustomed to being underated. We like it that way.

wildstangs
09-13-2003, 11:11 AM
I can go to lunch during the work week anytime from 11:30 to 1 or so. On the weekends its anytime I want, I will just have to set my alarm so I get up before 12 or 1. Dont forget Joe Allens is going to be packed, so the earlier the better! Haha, looks like Merkel played a tough game though, and I was off a little on my 3 TD pick.

<small>[ September 13, 2003, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: wildstangs ]</small>

vet93
09-13-2003, 11:26 AM
I think that what got lost in the shuffle in the pregame talk was that Ballinger has a pretty good defense as well...They held a merkel team that had 400-500 yards against Clyde to 96 yards rushing and 64 yards passing. One thing that I think that Merkel really misses this year is having the speed and elusivness of Caraway in the backfield. He really did make a team have to defend the whole field and opened up the passing game alot as well.

Knightmoon
09-13-2003, 01:53 PM
Yes Vet93, #32 Jarred Knight is my nephew. He has had three straight games with almost perfect coverage. He made a couple of outstanding tackles on Mr. Posey last night.Can you tell I am a little proud of him? Great Game and I am not making any excuses. I was disappointed to find out right before the game that Merkel's starting running back, Riley Lambert, was not going to be playing. He is also the starting Safety. Merkel really missed him last night.Merkel was really suffering on offense for the first three quarters, maybe we will have another shot at Ballinger with our whole team in tact. Ballinger's defense is for real. All you 6-3A teams better get ready. This team is for real. I changed my mind, I think I would rather treat Wildstangs to a meal at Perrini's. Vet93, don't know the status on Aaron Walla(#2)-he had a dislocated hip. They were going to do an MRI today. I am just praying he is okay. He got bent over in a very awkward way. He is another player needs healthy. He scored three touchdowns against Clyde (2 in the air, and 1 running). I hope to hear soon his condition.The deal with the Lambert kid is in my eyes questionable. He moved to Merkel last year and there seems to be some sort of problem with the Henrietta school district that raised a concern with UIL rules. From what I know the Henrietta folks didn't want him to leave and apparently play for anyone else this year. They are making waves. Hopefully, they will get it worked out soon. The only one that suffers is the kid. He also scored two touchdowns. 1 on an interception against Monahans and 1 rushing against Clyde.
Hats off to the Ballinger Bearcats!!!!

Knightmoon
09-13-2003, 02:02 PM
Wildstang, not sure Perrinis is in store. You didn't cover the spread, 3 TD's??? Maybe Dairy Queen is more what you deserve.Ha Ha. Man, I wish I could have seen the Sweetwater/Greenwood game. It looks like another great game.Poor ol Wylie took a thumping from a good Aledo team. Has anyone heard how Aaron Phipot is doing? I just noticed in the article that he left in the third quarter due to a hip injury. Hope he is ok. He is a good kid. I know him and his folks. Wylie needs his leadership and his versatility. Is Big Country Football Awesome or What????

1DAWG
09-13-2003, 02:39 PM
Knightmoon, I heard Aaron is in pain but they think it is just a hip pointer. Hopefully he will recooperate quickly.
Sounds like Merkel and Ballinger had a great game.I hope the two Merkel players injuries are not serious.
Yes, Wylie took a beating although it was not quite as bad as it sounded, but it was still a beating.
Wylie will be ready for District as I am sure Ballinger and the rest of 6 3-A will be.

ClydeFan
09-15-2003, 10:44 AM
Sounds like the game was a great one, as I thought it would be. Even though Merkel did not win the game, I think they gained some respect. I hope the injured kid will recover quickly... I remember him very well. Knightmoon, hope you and Wildstangs enjoy that dinner at Perinnis or DQ, LOL.

I saw a not-so-close game, as Clyde rolled over Stamford 48-0. However, this week's opponent will be a worthy one as Jim Ned comes to town. Jim Ned is ranked #9 in class 2A by Collier-Sharpe.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-15-2003, 11:26 AM
Hey Vet--I'll be looking for a breakdown of Breckenridge after this weekends game with your boys. I don't know anything about them and they are in Vernon's district. Hey get this: my son blocked 4 extra points in Vernon's loss to WF High last week. I think that has to be some kind of record!

vet93
09-15-2003, 11:41 AM
Man...I have never heard of anything like that before...You would have thought that after the first couple of times their coach would say..."Stop #35 no matter where he is lined up!" Do you play Hirshi this week? I'll give you the scouting report on the Buckaroos...I will have to listen on the radio...I don't think that I will be able to go to this game.

Z motion 10 out on 2:
Hey Vet--I'll be looking for a breakdown of Breckenridge after this weekends game with your boys. I don't know anything about them and they are in Vernon's district. Hey get this: my son blocked 4 extra points in Vernon's loss to WF High last week. I think that has to be some kind of record!

heck
09-15-2003, 11:43 AM
Knightmoon,
I have a lot of friends over in Merkel. I had heard that your latest move-in was haveing trouble with getting clearance to play. Is this a case of moving for athletic purposes?

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-15-2003, 12:06 PM
Yep, Vernon plays Hirschi this week and should win this one even though Hirschi is 4A. Iowa Park beat them by two Td's. My boy went straight through the line each time, it was so cool seeing him sqeek thru like that and then he just jumped up and dove toward the ball. He alsmost got a 5th one but was a hair late. Vernon played 2 good quarters against WF High but their QB was just too fast and Vernon couldn't hold him. Or at least they couldn't hold him over two quarters. Vernon was up on them 6 to 0 midway thru the first half but then broke down with fumbles and bad defense.