PDA

View Full Version : 32-3A Score Updates....

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-31-2003, 10:41 AM
Just getting ready for tonight, y'all. None of us played on Thursday, though from what I understand, a bunch of PI's players were at the Edcouch-Elsa/Brownsville Porter 4A game last night and since it went into overtime, they got back pretty late. Hopefully they got enough rest for today's game, and they're not way overconfident.

Ray_BearKat
10-31-2003, 01:40 PM
Wow, I was wondering why I saw this a little early. Man I wish I could of gone to the Porter-EE game sounded awesome. Can't wait for tonight in La Feria hope I can report good news later. And PI is not gonna have a problem tonight, we played to most off game last week and still managed to keep them scoreless. Hope Tommy is ready. It would take an act of God for PI to lose this one.

TARPON DAD
10-31-2003, 05:03 PM
and act of god is right !
but still it will give the tarpons a chance to
play the rest of the guys.
well gtg, im heaeded to the game in about 5 min.
good luck to la feria ,raymondville,hidalgo,and yes even to progrrso.see you guys at the game.

ONE TEAM ONE GOAL!!!!

GO TARPONS GO! :D

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-31-2003, 05:11 PM
Ray_BearKat
[QB]Wow, I was wondering why I saw this a little early.QB]I figured you would freak out.....

Man I wish I could of gone to the Porter-EE game sounded awesome Me too! Too bad I live in freakin' Dallas! ARGH! I hate it up here!

It would take an act of God for PI to lose this one. LOLOLOL!!!! Actually I think it would take more than that.....Act of God + Miracle + Entire PI team with flu + very sloppy game = Progreso wins.

Ray_BearKat
10-31-2003, 06:57 PM
lol, yeah your right...you ever gonna come down and see a game for yourself?

Well I'm off to La Feria see yall later tonight.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-31-2003, 07:02 PM
Ray_BearKat:
lol, yeah your right...you ever gonna come down and see a game for yourself?

Well I'm off to La Feria see yall later tonight.I WAS in town for the PI/Los Fresnos game, but it got rained out. I hope to at least see one playoff game.

turbostud
10-31-2003, 08:51 PM
Who won the EE/Porter game?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-31-2003, 09:14 PM
turbostud:
Who won the EE/Porter game?"La Maquina" won the game in overtime 35-28.

Here are some 32-3A updates....

Raymondville - 6
La Feria - 7 1st Quarter

Progreso - 0
Port Isabel - 21 2nd Quarter

Lyford - 13
Hidalgo - 0 1st Quarter

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-31-2003, 09:38 PM
The only update i've got right now is...

Raymondville - 6
La Feria - 10 HALFTIME

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-31-2003, 10:04 PM
Halftime score in Port Isabel....

Progreso - 0
Port Isabel - 28

Port Isabel has already called off the dogs. PI's JV (Progreso didn't have a JV team) scored in the 2nd quarter to make it 28. And also PI's JV defense is doing well.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-31-2003, 10:32 PM
There is an update in Hidalgo...

Lyford - 20
Hidalgo - 0 3rd Quarter

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-31-2003, 10:35 PM
And updated score from Tarpon Country....

Progreso - 0
Port Isabel - 42 4th Quarter

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-31-2003, 10:41 PM
Updated score from La Feria.....

Raymondville - 6
La Feria - 17 4th Quarter

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-31-2003, 11:07 PM
I've got a final in Port Isabel, and a couple of updated scores in the 4th quarter.....here they are.

Progreso - 0
Port Isabel - 42 FINAL

Raymondville - 14
La Feria - 17 4th Quarter

Lyford - 20
Hidalgo - 7 4th Quarter

As soon as I get finals, i'll post 'em.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-31-2003, 11:19 PM
Final score from La Feria....

Raymondville - 14
La Feria - 24 FINAL

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-31-2003, 11:35 PM
And now we have a final in Hidalgo....

Lyford - 20
Hidalgo - 7 FINAL

<small>[ October 31, 2003, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: TarponFanInNorthTexas ]</small>

PI-fan
10-31-2003, 11:38 PM
Well the Tarpons won 42-0.

The Tarpons scored in their first possession and 1:30 into the game with #5Trejo going in from about 5 yards. Progresso went three and out, and punted on 4th and 25. PI drove and scored again with 4:30 into the game on #21Missle's 10yard? run. Progresso went three and out again and Pro punted on 4th and 13. For about the 1 and 1/2 qtrs the Tarps looked sharp, but the Defense kept on going offsides serveral times and made some costly pass interference penalties. PI 3rd TD was by #3 in a qb keeper. I #21 scored on a 60+yard run for the 4th TD, but went in limping at half-time. Missle intercepted the ball and ran it back but it was called back. Score at half 28-0. It looked like #1Frankie hurt his shoulder and #5Trejo also had an injury going into halftime.
PI didnt take long to score in the 2nd half as #3 took it with a 55yrd run up the middle. With about 3min. to go in the 3rd #11 went in a substitute qb and led a drive and he scored on a keeper. Progresso had about 2 good drives of course helped by PI penalties. Pro was at PIs 20 when PI intercepted the ball and ran it back for about 30-35 yards on what couldve been another TD, but the #2(3rd qb) slipped! D'oh! #3Martinez was the qb in the 4th but, he fumbled on his 1st possession :( His next drive was ok, but no points... time finished. The End. PI 42 - Pro 0.

And now I like other PI fans and players take time to reflect of what could've been if PI played upto it's potential against Lyford.

Oh, i forgot to mention that in the first half, half of PIs plays were for passes!!! Not very successful with them though, lol. They probably tried to work on the passing in case Pro brought the pass rush like LFeria. They threw like 3 games worth of passes, given that PI throws about 15% of the time :D Well they got 2weeks for the qb and receivers to be on the same page.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-31-2003, 11:49 PM
The playoff picture now looks like this....

Port Isabel (5-1) has clinched a share of the district title and a playoff spot.

La Feria (now 4-1) must beat Lyford in Week 10 to share the district title with Port Isabel, and will be Div. 1 representative. If La Feria loses to Lyford in Week 10 and finishes tied with Raymondville at 4-2 (assuming Raymondville beats Hidalgo), La Feria will still be in the playoffs by virtue of their win over Raymondville tonight, and would be Div. 1 representative. Regardless, La Feria clinched a playoff spot with their win tonight.

Lyford (now 4-1) must beat La Feria to clinch a share of the district title and clinch a playoff spot all at the same time, and would also be top seed in Div. 2 playoffs by virtue of their win over Port Isabel. If Lyford loses, they would need to hope that Hidalgo beats Raymondville next week, if not, Lyford and Raymondville finish with 4-2 district records, and Lyford would be out of the playoffs by virtue of their loss to Raymondville earlier in the season.

Raymondville (now 3-2) with their loss to La Feria tonight MUST win next week's game against Hidalgo, and HOPE that La Feria defeats Lyford next week. If that happens, Raymondville is in the playoffs by virtue of their win over Lyford, and will be the lower seed in Div. 2. However, should Lyford beat La Feria next week, Raymondville and La Feria would finish with 4-2 district records, and Raymondville would be out of the playoffs by virtue of thier loss tonight to La Feria.

Ray_BearKat
11-01-2003, 12:17 AM
I just got back from the game, it was a close one, Lf 17 - Ray 14 untill about 2 min left when Wolfe was intercepted and ran back for the LF touchdown. Final 24-14 LF. It bites having to rely on LF beating Lyford next week so we can make the playoffs.*crossing fingers*

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-01-2003, 12:53 AM
I can imagine! Having to now support a team that just defeated you.....yikes.

turbostud
11-01-2003, 09:43 AM
TFINT, If La Feria wins next week over Lyford wouldnt PI win the district title outright because of their win over La Feria?

<small>[ November 01, 2003, 08:44 AM: Message edited by: turbostud ]</small>

PI-fan
11-01-2003, 09:48 AM
nah, they would b co-champs with identical records the head2head would come in if they needed to see which seed they would take, but LF will go DI so no seeding is needed between LF/PI.

Once again, Good Job Tarps!

turbostud
11-01-2003, 09:49 AM
OK thanks PIFAN.