PDA

View Full Version : Wylie's girl's basketball coach......

nobogey72
03-14-2008, 07:02 AM
check out abilenereporternews.com and read the Letter to Editor this morning that is congratulating the Jim Ned girls for winning state. I am technolgically challenged or I would put the link on here. Talk about a coach getting slammed. The 2 girls being referred to were both Wylie girls who left and moved 15 miles south to go to Jim Ned during their Jr. yrs. BTW= the couple that wrote the letter are good folks, they are not idiots as the letter might make one think.:doh: :doh:

wildstangs
03-14-2008, 07:30 AM
That is pretty harsh. I bet the Wylie haters will be all over that letter pretty quickly.

Looking4number8
03-14-2008, 08:01 AM
http://www.reporternews.com/news/2008/mar/14/congratulations-jim-ned-takes-state/

Here is the link... that is wild. Glad I was not smart enough to graduate college and be a coach like I wanted to. These people might have point, i know nothing of the situation but I would hate for every decision I make for my job to be public knowledge and talked about at the water cooler and in the paper..

Adidas410s
03-14-2008, 08:46 AM
Bitter...no...they're not bitter...

jason
03-14-2008, 08:52 AM
Congratulations to the Jim Ned girls basketball team on their state championship victory!

A special way to go to Cassi and Meg and their parents for having the nerve to leave a bad situation at one school to achieve your goal at another where you were appreciated.

The same thing happened to our daughter at that school. She was benched and hardly played after being named All-District first team her freshman year by the same coach you guys left. But she refused to let us move because she wanted to graduate with her friends. A decision she regrets today.

We are especially happy that you got to play for Coach Jim Avery, whose coaching talents really showed this year. It must have been nice to play for a coach who knows how to get the most out of his players and utilize their talents to the team's best interest instead of showing favoritism among certain players. Now your high school memories will be sweet instead of bitter.

Once again, congrats to Coach Avery and the Lady Indians for accomplishing something no other team in Class 2A could do this year. May this start a tradition at your school that will carry on for years to come.

Steve and Jami Anders

Abilene

LINK (http://www.reporternews.com/news/2008/mar/14/congratulations-jim-ned-takes-state/)

injuredinmelee
03-14-2008, 09:51 AM
I saw that this morning. While I wont deny that there is probably favortism being shown to at least one player, didnt alot of the girls have the same issues with the last girls coach? While I am not endorsing the coach maybe it isnt as big of a deal as they make it out to be.

There are way too many good girls quitting or moving to other schools. I can think of at least two more girls in the last five years that were arguably the best basketball players in the school that didnt play their Sr. Years because of disagreements with the staff.

NastySlot
03-14-2008, 10:41 AM
some one explain...do these parents (writers of the letter) have problem with the Wylie coach?

Adidas410s
03-14-2008, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
some one explain...do these parents (writers of the letter) have problem with the Wylie coach?
yes

I_DONT_CARE
03-14-2008, 10:49 AM

CAPTAIN OBVIOUS HERE!

The same thing happened to our daughter at that school. She was benched and hardly played after being named All-District first team her freshman year by the same coach you guys left. But she refused to let us move because she wanted to graduate with her friends. A decision she regrets today.

Texasfootball2
03-14-2008, 10:52 AM
This letter was written with one purpose in mind and from just the response on this board alone I would say they achieved their goal when they wrote it.

The old saying that "any publicity is good publicity", I'll bet the administration at "the school" and the coach at "the school" don't agree.

Ranger Mom
03-14-2008, 10:57 AM
I can't wait til people start leaving comments, those are always the funnest to read!!:D

NastySlot
03-14-2008, 11:06 AM
so those two girls that left wylie to go to jim ned left for athletic reasons?

Texasfootball2
03-14-2008, 11:21 AM
so those two girls that left wylie to go to jim ned left for athletic reasons?

:thinking: :doh: Oops!

18handicap
03-14-2008, 11:24 AM
Why did Wylie sign off on the PAPF form? If they did, then the move is legal with the UIL.

lakers
03-14-2008, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by 18handicap
Why did Wylie sign off on the PAPF form? If they did, then the move is legal with the UIL.

they always need to get rid of a few students when it comes around to the realignment date....:doh:

Ranger Mom
03-14-2008, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by lakers
they always need to get rid of a few students when it comes around to the realignment date....:doh:

LOL!! That was classic!!!:clap: :clap:

Texasfootball2
03-14-2008, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by lakers

I'll have to admit, I usually get sick and tired of hereing that comment but today I laughed out loud when I read it. Timing is everything:D

NastySlot
03-14-2008, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I'll have to admit, I usually get sick and tired of hereing that comment but today I laughed out loud when I read it. Timing is everything:D

thing is most schools don't get rid of the athletes they get rid of those that do nothing....wylie must be deep with athletes

lakers
03-14-2008, 11:51 AM
thing is most schools don't get rid of the athletes they get rid of those that do nothing....wylie must be deep with athletes

Ur dang right about that, The backup's backup is usually good enough to start for anybody in the district......:D

NastySlot
03-14-2008, 12:08 PM
the Wylie coach must not be that big a jerk if he/she signed off on the PAP.

STANG RED
03-14-2008, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by 18handicap

If you actually go read the rule, it does not make that distinction. But it might as well, we have all seen numerous examples over just the past 5 or 6 years that has made a mockery of the original intent of the rule. I don’t know why they still have the rule on the books myself. If they ever actually enforce it at some time in the future, some lawyer is going to jump all over it with a lawsuit, and he's going to have tons of amo to use.

NastySlot
03-14-2008, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
If you actually go read the rule, it does not make that distinction. But it might as well, we have all seen numerous examples over just the past 5 or 6 years that has made a mockery of the original intent of the rule. I don’t know why they still have the rule on the books myself. If they ever actually enforce it at some time in the future, some lawyer is going to jump all over it with a lawsuit, and he's going to have tons of amo to use.

it is enforce when it reaches the UIL level...usually handled by district com......Liberty Hill had a case a few years back with softballers that left for Marble Falls and I think Fredericksburg had one this last season with a basketball player.

STANG RED
03-14-2008, 02:10 PM
it is enforce when it reaches the UIL level...usually handled by district com......Liberty Hill had a case a few years back with softballers that left for Marble Falls and I think Fredericksburg had one this last season with a basketball player.

They obvioulsly pick and choose when to enforce it. They have just been lucky enough not to enforce it when it affected some kid whos dad has deep enough pockets yet. It'll happen sooner or later.

themsu97
03-14-2008, 02:41 PM
UIL will enforce what is brought before them a majority of the time... usually it is handled by a district committee first...

but by reading this... the letter was unnecessary and definitely sour grapes... maybe someone was better than their daughter... maybe they refused to practice hard... too many questions but the parents must have felt that the board and athletic powers that be did not know as much as they did so they aired their complaints in the paper...they are classless and their children have to suffer for that