PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City an unusual team

Old Cardinal
12-03-2001, 01:54 PM
Dave Campbell and most of the so-called Polls refused to even rank them. They play a 4A/5A preseason just like Newton and actually lost a game to a Div I 4A. Boy will that kick you out of consideration! That Vidor team they lost to beat Nederland a Div. I 4A simi-finalist that beat Friendswood 25-7 Saturday! Bridge City fields a little light track team for a football team. Example, Defensive nose guard Justin Cruse also runs back kickoffs and punts- he also plays split end and catches real well, just when needed. Then there's Matt McClain a roving linebacker- he won the 100m and 200m at the district track meet-he's big, he hits so hard he causes fumbles. He carries the ball on rare occasions and averages about 18 yards a carry. Justin Bock is a great fullback but he plays defensive tackle he mauls offensive linemen. Faulk, and another defensive back last year, now play defensive line. They gained a lot of muscle and weight, but are still quick as a cat. Then there are two folks for each backfield position, and mix then any way you like and they will still come in 1st and 2nd in any sprint relay for District. The ends are fairly fast too. That's why in September, I predicted on 3A Down Low that Bridge City would meet Sinton (another talented team) in the playoffs.

Cardinal'80
12-03-2001, 02:02 PM
Finally a cardinal fan, what do you know about sinton, I was at the game this week against Mexia and the best thing I seen about BC is Matt P. was running like the old Matt. This means we could be more dangerous than we have been in the past.

Old Cardinal
12-03-2001, 02:31 PM
Sinton has a good team they too are loaded with Junior talent-we will probably have to play them again next year. Sinton really hasn't played anyone except Beeville(4A) of the caliber of LCM, Silsbee, Newton, Sweeny, or Vidor. But, my friend, they did a good job on Beeville, who- I understand just got beat this weekend. Look for Sinton to be a real challenge-we are use to Div I 4A talent, they are not. That's probably our only home that our overall 4A type team speed can frustrate their efforts. They have a solid solid team and an impressive win record. It ought to be a hum-dinger of a ball game.

Backwoods
12-03-2001, 03:04 PM
Old Card: Thanks for ranking one of the smallest 3A schools in that impressive list of 4A's. We're behind you all the way. Us birds stick together. Notice that from Nederland to Pineland, we still have 7 teams playing football. Basketball may suffer this year. The Beasts from the East are aroused this year.

ej2525
12-03-2001, 03:19 PM
Don't forget Lufkin in 5-A is still in there also with the other 7. Total of 8 teams from that region.