25 to go

piratebg
03-13-2008, 05:33 PM
So what are we counting today?

lakers
03-13-2008, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
So what are we counting today?

The number of hours till my spring break starts....;)

piratebg
03-13-2008, 05:34 PM
I get off work in 15 minutes and then I'm off for 12 days. I am ready.

lakers
03-13-2008, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
I get off work in 15 minutes and then I'm off for 12 days. I am ready.

I have a quiz tomorrow afternoon then I am out of here. The old fart had to assign a quiz instead of doing what everybody else did, CANCEL CLASS!!!!!

CHS_CG
03-13-2008, 06:25 PM
My schedule is the same every week.. I work M, T, W, F, & Sun. Kinda sucks that I dont ever get 2 days off in a row.. esp now that spring break is here.

lakers
03-13-2008, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
My schedule is the same every week.. I work M, T, W, F, & Sun. Kinda sucks that I dont ever get 2 days off in a row.. esp now that spring break is here.

dang that is horrible...

what kind of work do you do???

CHS_CG
03-13-2008, 06:28 PM
I work in a call center for American Express

lakers
03-13-2008, 06:32 PM

I feel for ya chick, i bet you get people being rude to you on a regular basis... That has gotta suck, thank goodness I am getting a degree in agriculture.....

CHS_CG
03-13-2008, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by lakers
I feel for ya man, i bet you get people being rude to you on a regular basis... That has gotta suck, thank goodness I am getting a degree in agriculture.....

Im a chick...

and Yeah a lot of people are rude because they think they can be. I had a lady about 2 months ago who called up and of course I got her.. She just started out screaming at me and I was like "oh boy here we go AGAIN".

Basiclly what happened was she lives in California, and had a merchant charge on her card from New York... well we had no warning she was either out of her state or just having a charge ( of $2000.00 mind you) go through from out of state so we put a hold on it and declined the charge.. what it comes down to is if the merchant just would have called authorizations it woulda have gone though...

She told me "well look missy you better get on the phone right now and call them back to tell them my card is fine" which i cant do.. she wasnt too happy with me but oh well its my job!

lakers
03-13-2008, 06:39 PM
Im a chick...

and Yeah a lot of people are rude because they think they can be. I had a lady about 2 months ago who called up and of course I got her.. She just started out screaming at me and I was like "oh boy here we go AGAIN".

Basiclly what happened was she lives in California, and had a merchant charge on her card from New York... well we had no warning she was either out of her state or just having a charge ( of $2000.00 mind you) go through from out of state so we put a hold on it and declined the charge.. what it comes down to is if the merchant just would have called authorizations it woulda have gone though...

She told me "well look missy you better get on the phone right now and call them back to tell them my card is fine" which i cant do.. she wasnt too happy with me but oh well its my job!

I fixed my previous post;)

I bet it can get quite amusing to work there as well. I would get a kick out of some of the people calling in....

nobogey72
03-13-2008, 09:09 PM
Im a chick...

I'm a banker and it's kind of the same thing. Pretty much have to let people rant and rave and just take it. It's amazing how important some people think they are and that the rules don't apply to them. We are a small independant bank and only have 7 full time employees so it's pretty close quarters, so we get to hear a lot of people rant. We have 4 handicap spots in the parking lot which are about 20' from the front door, and sometimes people just pull in there and just run in and out. About 10 times in the last 8 years that we have been open, someone will come in acting a fool or being rude to one of the girls and I always look to see if they are parked in the handicap zone. If they are, my secretary and I have a little hand signal that we use that means I go to the back and call the police, and she keeps them there as long as she can. So, when they are pissed to begin with and then get a $200.00 ticket on top of it......Anyway, our little trick is only done when the person is really being a jerk. The police actually love it.:)

coach
03-13-2008, 09:28 PM
21 HRS TO GO

lakers
03-13-2008, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by coach
21 HRS TO GO

Thanks, I can't wait...

Ruidoso here I come

:D

nobogey72
03-13-2008, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by lakers
Thanks, I can't wait...

Ruidoso here I come

Gambling? Skiing? Tell us about it. Us old folks (ok, me ) like to here what you young whippersnappers are doing. :thinking:

ASUFrisbeeStud
03-13-2008, 09:51 PM

What company is it?

The company I used to work for did American Express customer service, most major companies contract stuff like that out.

CHS_CG
03-13-2008, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
What company is it?

The company I used to work for did American Express customer service, most major companies contract stuff like that out.

West Corporation

DaHop72
03-14-2008, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Gambling? Skiing? Tell us about it. Us old folks (ok, me ) like to here what you young whippersnappers are doing. :thinking: Just for you "old folks"http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/6639/lafxv3.gifI will be going snow skiing in Colorado.