PDA

View Full Version : SXSW Festival in Austin

piratebg
03-13-2008, 11:50 AM
Has anyone ever gone to this before? I'm headed to Austin tomorrow and am probably gonna check this out.

Maroon87
03-13-2008, 11:56 AM
I never have but it sounds like fun.

Gsquared
03-13-2008, 11:58 AM
I have, if you go, better get a badge somehow, otherwise, you wont get in to any of the places at night, even with a pass.

BreckTxLonghorn
03-13-2008, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
Has anyone ever gone to this before? I'm headed to Austin tomorrow and am probably gonna check this out.

If you like live music, this is the weekend to go to Austin (other than ACL--which, IMO, is totally overrated due to so many people and shorter sets; I liked the first year the best). There are a TON of bands playing, and even if you don't have a wristband there will be 'unofficial' shows all over. A great time to visit the town (though not the best if you live/work downtown)

If you like indie movies, you missed it by 3 or 4 days, though I think Alamo Drafthouse will still do some viewings and their annual Fantastic Fest.

LH Panther Mom
03-13-2008, 12:07 PM
My husband went to some SXSW Nerdfest seminar earlier in the week. He came home with gimmes from youtube and a couple other places. :nerd:

Adidas410s
03-13-2008, 12:39 PM
Get a badge...w/o one it's next to impossible to get in. I think I saw prices on a badge at $600 or so. You can get a wristband for $200-300 but that doesn't guarantee admission into any shows and the lines are ridiculous. Good luck! :)