PDA

View Full Version : The color of Wylie's new turf will be.............

TinyTim
03-13-2008, 08:42 AM
Most likely the traditional green. But my vote would be purple with a great big bulldog in the center with yellow endzones.....

Just a thought. What do you think TT2?

Texasfootball2
03-13-2008, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by TinyTim
Most likely the traditional green. But my vote would be purple with a great big bulldog in the center with yellow endzones.....

Personally, I think purple would get old real fast. I'm for traditional green and using a lot of gold and purple in the endzones and mid-field logo. Then use red to accent the goalline.
They may want to wait on the use of purple in the endzones though until the second home game. With Liberty Hill coming to the first and initial home operner, to much purple might make them feel to much at home.

Adidas410s
03-13-2008, 10:24 AM
I'm just excited Wylie will actually have something besides an empty, green endzone!

TinyTim
03-13-2008, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I'm just excited Wylie will actually have something besides an empty, green endzone!

The checkerboard endzone would also look sweet.

Personally think that with all the attention that the smurf turf has generated, with a few unique changes, wylie could be a place to play that teams would want to go to during the playoffs.

Black_Magic
03-13-2008, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Personally, I think purple would get old real fast.
And Hot too if it was a dark purple.

Texasfootball2
03-13-2008, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic

Ya! you know there is a tremendous amount of direct sunlight during those Friday NIGHT games. The heat might just melt the cleats of the bottom of their shoes.

Adidas410s
03-13-2008, 11:12 AM
Ya! you know there is a tremendous amount of direct sunlight during those Friday NIGHT games. The heat might just melt the cleats of the bottom of their shoes.
The heat is a crippling thing. ;)

TinyTim
03-13-2008, 11:14 AM

Night games, no problem.

Afternoon playoff games in November and December need all the thermal heating they can get.

Texasfootball2
03-13-2008, 11:16 AM
Night games, no problem.

Afternoon playoff games in November and December need all the thermal heating they can get. :clap: :clap: :clap: :D

Black_Magic
03-13-2008, 11:20 AM
Ya! you know there is a tremendous amount of direct sunlight during those Friday NIGHT games. The heat might just melt the cleats of the bottom of their shoes. LOL. Well Im not thinking of Friday nights so much but those Jr high football game that would start at 4:00 in early september as well as the 9th grade games. Then also you have the work outs during the day that would go on . Im sure you never considered those things when you made this sarcastic remark...

Texasfootball2
03-13-2008, 11:35 AM
LOL. Well Im not thinking of Friday nights so much but those Jr high football game that would start at 4:00 in early september as well as the 9th grade games. Then also you have the work outs during the day that would go on . Im sure you never considered those things when you made this sarcastic remark...

As for the 9th and Jr. High games, or any games for that matter. Not much time spent in the endzone and one team is usually happy to be their and could care less if it's hot. As for practice, and I could be wrong, I doubt Hugh will work out on it very much with the exceptions of during the Athletic period and bad whether days. Like I said I could be wrong about that. And quiet frankly, the bottom line is I've never heard anyone bring that up in an arguement in regards to endzone colors. If you watch big time college and Pro football, most of which are played in the dead heat of the day. You see teams every weekend that have dark colors painted in their endzones. Examples just off the top of my head: Missouri (Black) A&M (dark maroon) Wake Forest (black) TxTech (one endzone is black) Souther Miss. (black) Auburn (black) Univ. of Ariz (dark blue) talk about hot:flaming:

Notice I only named Southern teams with turf. Sarcasism:doh: I think not:thumbsup:

DU_stud04
03-13-2008, 11:39 AM
As for the 9th and Jr. High games, or any games for that matter. Not much time spent in the endzone and one team is usually happy to be their and could care less if it's hot. As for practice, and I could be wrong, I doubt Hugh will work out on it very much with the exceptions of during the Athletic period and bad whether days. Like I said I could be wrong about that. And quiet frankly, the bottom line is I've never heard anyone bring that up in an arguement in regards to endzone colors. If you watch big time college and Pro football, most of which are played in the dead heat of the day. You see teams every weekend that have dark colors painted in their endzones. Examples just off the top of my head: Missouri (Black) A&M (dark maroon) Wake Forest (black) TxTech (one endzone is black) Souther Miss. (black) Auburn (black) Univ. of Ariz (dark blue) talk about hot:flaming:

Notice I only named Southern teams with turf. Sarcasism:doh: I think not:thumbsup:

early in the thread they talked about the whole field being purple..... so im guessing thats what blackie was referring too....

kepdawg
03-13-2008, 11:40 AM

I thought someone was talking about a purple field. :thinking:

Black_Magic
03-13-2008, 11:40 AM
As for the 9th and Jr. High games, or any games for that matter. Not much time spent in the endzone and one team is usually happy to be their and could care less if it's hot. Im talking about having the entire field Purple like was mentioned.. NOT the endzones:rolleyes:

DU_stud04
03-13-2008, 11:43 AM
either way,..... with the rubber pellets, if feels like you're playing on asphalt when its scorching outside. the black pellets attract heat very well and make it quite warm.

Texasfootball2
03-13-2008, 11:43 AM
Im talking about having the entire field Purple like was mentioned.. NOT the endzones:rolleyes:

Well, I would apologize but if you had read properly, My first post was against the "all purple turf". I too was only talking about the endzones. So, if your going to use the sacarsism card, you need to make sure your playing it in the right game.:D Now there's a little sarcasism for ya!:wave:

kepdawg
03-13-2008, 11:47 AM
Well, I would apologize but if you had read properly, My first post was against the "all purple turf". I too was only talking about the endzones. So, if your going to use the sacarsism card, you need to make sure your playing it in the right game.:D Now there's a little sarcasism for ya!:wave:

:dispntd:

nobogey72
03-13-2008, 11:58 AM
OK..... Let's everybody just calm down. I've called Sherwin Williams and they have a LIGHT purple that will be fashionable yet comfortable, and will look good with most opposing team's colors. It is about the same shade of purple as one of those TeleTubbys (Black_Magic knows the one I'm talking about). :D :D

LH Panther Mom
03-13-2008, 12:21 PM
With Liberty Hill coming to the first and initial home operner, to much purple might make them feel to much at home.
Is it possible to have too much purple? :p

Texasfootball2
03-13-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Is it possible to have too much purple? :p

And too much purple = to much HEAT!:cheerl:

Black_Magic
03-13-2008, 12:58 PM

I think You need to read more carefully. This is what I was talking about. READ the 1st post.. So before using Sarcasam like this

Texasfootball2 quote:

Well, I would apologize but if you had read properly, My first post was against the "all purple turf". I too was only talking about the endzones. So, if your going to use the sacarsism card, you need to make sure your playing it in the right game. Now there's a little sarcasism for ya!

LOOKS LIKE I PLAYED THE GAME RIGHT....

Texasfootball2
03-13-2008, 02:20 PM
I think You need to read more carefully. This is what I was talking about. READ the 1st post.. So before using Sarcasam like this

Texasfootball2 quote:

Well, I would apologize but if you had read properly, My first post was against the "all purple turf". I too was only talking about the endzones. So, if your going to use the sacarsism card, you need to make sure your playing it in the right game. Now there's a little sarcasism for ya!

LOOKS LIKE I PLAYED THE GAME RIGHT....

I hope you don't call any plays on Friday's. The wind people are talking about doesn't even slow down when it hits your ears. The quote you are refering to is from "Tiny Tim". He does ask "What do you think TT2" at the end, but the second post on this tread is from "ME", i guess I'm TT2. And since you can read, let me help you BM ( that stands for Black Magic, not Bowel Movement), just making sure you don't miss read something again, in second post I said "I'm for traditional green".....................now if we want to get into sarcasism, giddy up man, I love rapping on this board with guys like Sweetwater Red, Nobogey, Stang Red, DaHop, just to mention a few. These guys have an IQ of >70. Spend some time studing a little and join in at anytime. The only requirement is that you can read properly and have a sense of humor.

Here: I cut and pasted the actual post. 3-13-2008 10:19 am

Personally, I think purple would get old real fast. I'm for traditional green and using a lot of gold and purple in the endzones and mid-field logo. Then use red to accent the goalline.
They may want to wait on the use of purple in the endzones though until the second home game. With Liberty Hill coming to the first and initial home operner, to much purple might make them feel to much at home.

:thumbsup:

Big Papa
03-13-2008, 03:17 PM
I hope you don't call any plays on Friday's. The wind people are talking about doesn't even slow down when it hits your ears. The quote you are refering to is from "Tiny Tim". He does ask "What do you think TT2" at the end, but the second post on this tread is from "ME", i guess I'm TT2. And since you can read, let me help you BM ( that stands for Black Magic, not Bowel Movement), just making sure you don't miss read something again, in second post I said "I'm for traditional green".....................now if we want to get into sarcasism, giddy up man, I love rapping on this board with guys like Sweetwater Red, Nobogey, Stang Red, DaHop, just to mention a few. These guys have an IQ of >70. Spend some time studing a little and join in at anytime. The only requirement is that you can read properly and have a sense of humor.

Here: I cut and pasted the actual post. 3-13-2008 10:19 am

:thumbsup:

hey Tf2 you do know that BM was agreeing with you first that the all purple wouldnt be good, and then you responded sarcastically to him....

Emerson1
03-13-2008, 03:19 PM

They will probably be on it every day as soon as it's in to get it worn in intime for the game. It's is so thick and slow on our turf where no one ever walks

Texasfootball2
03-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Big Papa
hey Tf2 you do know that BM was agreeing with you first that the all purple wouldnt be good, and then you responded sarcastically to him....

Actually I did. I was just messing with him on his post referring to the "heat". Instead of coming back with something "sarcastic" (no pun intended) he started trying to make a point as if I had no clue about 9th grade and Jr high games Yada, Yada, Yada,...... and then from their, he started slamming me a little, and well, I guess, Ahmmmm....... I retaliated and well...........you know man, Ahmmmmm........................................... ......................................My Bad:D

Texasfootball2
03-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
They will probably be on it every day as soon as it's in to get it worn in intime for the game. It's is so thick and slow on our turf where no one ever walks

You could be write Emerson. I would be surprised if they practice on it every day. The way the practice fields are set up with the Freshman coaches doing some double duty, the convience of having two fields side by side so coaches can flip flop would change to much IMO. But, apparently most teams that have the turf do practice it on all the time so who knows.:thinking: