lakers
03-13-2008, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Antec
Winters High Schoo Blizzards

I hear their music of school song is Winter Wonderland

Heard they once or still do have a coach
named Jack Frost

I know the first 2 are true....

and another thing, it seems like all the kids that go there are all related...especially the Perez's

Looking4number8
03-13-2008, 07:34 AM
My oldest daughter went to school there. It is true about the school song. I went to her graduation and they played it there.

My ex chose Winter while she worked in Abeline... My poor baby had to go there... Always wondered why she did not move closer to Abilene and let her go to Wylie.

nobogey72
03-13-2008, 11:45 AM
Winters was loaded with talent back in the 60's. I've got 2 friends here in Abilene that both graduated from Winters in 66. There were 5 D1 scholarships out of their Sr. class. Denny Aldridge played DB at Texas, Mike Patterson (former Cooper Asst) was an All SWC DL at Tech, Chip Puckett and another guy whose name I don't know went to OU and were starters, and Jimmy Adams was offered OU in basketball, but came back and is in the Hall of Honor at McMurry in basketball. Their coaching staff included Bill Bryant (Bill Boy's dad) Bill Grissom (legendary around small school football in West Tx.) Larry Parker (well known coach around West texas).

LionKing
03-13-2008, 12:34 PM
Morris Southall was Winters head coach before becoming Gordon Wood's right hand man at Brownwood.

W.T. Stapler also started his coaching career at Winters under Southall. Winters has seen some well known football coaches go through their doors.