PDA

View Full Version : Paris Wildcats

8HR
03-12-2008, 07:33 PM
I know that the Paris High School Wildcats dropped from 4A down into a pretty weak 3A district. Does anyone have any predictions as to how they will do in 3A. I know they won the 4A State Championship in 1989 but in the big picture since...have consistently underachieved IMO. For example, this year they had 4-5 D-1 players and finished the season with a record of 3-7 maybe 2-8. What kind of impact will they have in 3A?

BILLYFRED0000
03-12-2008, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by 8HR
I know that the Paris High School Wildcats dropped from 4A down into a pretty weak 3A district. Does anyone have any predictions as to how they will do in 3A. I know they won the 4A State Championship in 1989 but in the big picture since...have consistently underachieved IMO. For example, this year they had 4-5 D-1 players and finished the season with a record of 3-7 maybe 2-8. What kind of impact will they have in 3A?

They will have an impact. Larger schools always do. Region 2 this year is going to be a little weaker than it has been. The strongest district will probably be either 16 or 9. 10 will be number 3 most likely in overall strength of district. Now this is strictly football talk. Paris is good at other sports and can really put a whippin on some people. Football will depend on the brackets but they should get a couple of rounds deep at least in football.

Haunta Yo
03-13-2008, 04:45 AM
Winning programs that move UP are more likely to have success than “drop downs” that weren't relatively successful before. The drop downs usually struggle because the mindset is now it'll be easy to win. A team that has 3-4 DI players and goes 3-7 has some things to fix internally and UIL reclassification won't fix it by taking away an "A".

If they win early they'll probably be able to ride the momentum, but if they don't "how come ya'll can't win in 3A" will be a bigger obstacle than the weekly opponent.