PDA

View Full Version : no you aren't a guitar hero god

BuffyMars
03-12-2008, 01:40 PM
but he is. and might i add....this is just really sad.

Sorry moms, but sitting in front of a TV playing a fake guitar all day actually does pay off!

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.tmz.com/media/2008/03/0312_guitar_aptn_video.jpg

16-year-old Chris Chike scored a 97% on the Expert level "Guitar Hero III" in New York yesterday -- putting him into the Guinness Book of World Records. Homework, what homework?

pirate4state
03-12-2008, 01:44 PM
which part is sad? :confused:

Where's Denny's?? :D

rockdale80
03-12-2008, 01:44 PM
reminds me of a south park episode...

Ranger Mom
03-12-2008, 01:45 PM
He played "Through the Fire and the Flames"...I can't even pass that on medium!:(

pirate4state
03-12-2008, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
reminds me of a south park episode...
hahahahahaha, right? :D

BuffyMars
03-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
which part is sad? :confused:

Where's Denny's?? :D

just can't imagine playing the game THAT much. but hey that's just me.

left, right?

Adidas410s
03-12-2008, 01:54 PM
I love watching my younger brother play some of the songs on Guitar Hero (I think he plays the first one) on expert and break 95% consistently (I've never seen him below 90%)...and he does it while looking away from the TV...

BuffyMars
03-12-2008, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I love watching my younger brother play some of the songs on Guitar Hero (I think he plays the first one) on expert and break 95% consistently (I've never seen him below 90%)...and he does it while looking away from the TV...

see to me that takes the fun out of it. but what do i know? :hairpunk:

pirate4state
03-12-2008, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
just can't imagine playing the game THAT much. but hey that's just me.

left, right?

you have fallen out of love with guitar hero....probably b/c grant & reuben schooled you :p

i never liked it b/c i suck at it :D

Adidas410s
03-12-2008, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
see to me that takes the fun out of it. but what do i know? :hairpunk:

haha...I don't play it much so I can't really say. I guess it's fun for him to compete against friends...even if they're playing on easy. He just go buys the % scored instead of the point totals.

I did enjoy winning some $$ off friends when I brought him over to play Rock Band. They didn't believe me when I told them what he could do. Of course he had to look at the screen since he'd never played it before...but he still popped off a 99 on the first song he played on guitar.

He grew up playing drums like me so he's pretty good on those as well. He's a decent drummer but a phenomenal guitarist. When friends told him he couldn't play Guitar Hero since it would frustrate him as a real guitarist...he borrowed it from a friend for 2 weeks and essentially locked himself in his dorm room anytime he wasn't in class or eating and mastered/memorized the dang thing.

Ranger Mom
03-12-2008, 02:07 PM
you have fallen out of love with guitar hero....probably b/c grant & reuben schooled you :p

i never liked it b/c i suck at it :D

I was okay...never advanced past hard. But Rock Band is my new favorite game!!

rockdale80
03-12-2008, 02:09 PM
Congratulations!

YOU ARE A ___!

hahaahahaha.....

I think Heroin Hero looks like more fun. Its the ultimate first person shooter. :D

pirate4state
03-12-2008, 02:16 PM
Congratulations!

YOU ARE A ___!

hahaahahaha.....

I think Heroin Hero looks like more fun. Its the ultimate first person shooter. :D

Stan's dad playing in his undies....LOL

rockdale80
03-12-2008, 02:17 PM
Stan's dad playing in his undies....LOL

Im going to catch the dragon, Im so close.

pirate4state
03-12-2008, 02:27 PM
Im going to catch the dragon, Im so close.

:D :D :D

great episode

cshscougar08
03-12-2008, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
He played "Through the Fire and the Flames"...I can't even pass that on medium!:(

ME NEITHER!!!!! It's ridiculously hard!!!!

thewyliefan
03-12-2008, 02:33 PM
:D :D :D

great episode

well in case no one remembered....new episode tonight!!!!

DU_stud04
03-12-2008, 02:36 PM

i never liked it b/c i suck at it :D the game is too easy....i still catch myself tryin to throw a vibrato every once in a while.... i think i broke marks guitar a few weeks ago, it must have not been used to getting 5 stars every time. :evil:

*DISCLAIMER*
i've played maybe 6 times... i'm not a loser....just a nerd.

pirate4state
03-12-2008, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by thewyliefan
well in case no one remembered....new episode tonight!!!! THANK YOU!!! I didn't remember -- woo hoo

DU_stud04
03-12-2008, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
He played "Through the Fire and the Flames"...I can't even pass that on medium!:( dont feel bad... the guitarists can't play the song in real life..... sounds good in recording.....live, ive had friends say they sound terrible....as bad as an early beginning garage band.